All JarrodSarafin's Comments

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/19/2008 5:44:24 AM

Godspeed, Mr. Clarke. You truly were a legendary man of Science Fiction and you made a lasting impact on tools like me. I'll always appreciate your work. Enjoy your journey onward to your new adventure.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/19/2008 5:39:06 AM

Have to say, rghtiger, that the latest press release did reveal more than expected... Still not sure what "Earlier version of Arnold model" mean.. Did it mean an earlier model below T-800...As in something we're already seeing in the Sarah Connor Chronicles...or did it mean the actually T-800 model in earlier version. lol Sometimes, these press releases are not to be trusted..like the whole Star Trek-Ryder playing Human mother ordeal last summer.

Raimi Leading New JACK RYAN Trilogy (Article) - 3/19/2008 1:43:31 AM

I did the same head turning when I saw this story, mla. Raimi has talked about how much of an emotional and time-consuming drain the Spider-Man trilogy was for so many years.. And now, he has a new Fantasy series hitting ABC next year (based on Terry Goodkind's series).. And...this? I'd understand if he was just taking this as a one time deal to lead the new Jack Ryan movie..but the press release implies multiple films all with Raimi set to executive produce and direct. Damn Sam. Spider-Man locked you up for nearly a decade and now you have something for the next decade.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/17/2008 1:10:41 AM

Agreed. I liked how the trade set up a possible venture for a specific Superhero network from Marvel Studios. Obviously, they're just talking about doing full 24 hour marathons with superhero movies on the FX network in the near future.. But if this proves successful...as in highly profitable, I can definitely see Marvel Studios getting into television specifically to bring together a niche satelite channel sometime in the near future.

Smell my face! (Blog Post) - 3/17/2008 1:04:09 AM

We talking about the Supermans story? Yeah, I know...After the 14th article on Superman, I just began to understand that Merin, myself and only a few others like it against the vast majority that hate it. We do have a lot of SR fans at the forums so that's something.. It happens everytime I write up any article that has Superman and Bryan Singer included.. We all have our opinions on this stuff but sometimes, it gets way too personal for some. There's some that respect differences of opinion....hence Merin is sticking around us Transformers fans (me) when he knows I might be contagious and there's others who just can't keep it from getting personal. As the old saying goes...It happens...What happens? Shit happens.. :) And Michael, I'm going to steaaaaal your crayon box so you can't plot as much and must come by here more often..Be prepared, sir. Be very prepared.

Smell my face! (Blog Post) - 3/17/2008 12:54:21 AM

Checked it, Mla. When did you send it? I got some of your January messages about the Halo project but that's it.. You have my email too right? jarrodhsarafin at yahoo and jarrod@mania.com And Duh on my part, Collector..I didn't respond specifically above. Send me an email with ideas and I'll be happy to pass them along to my bosses. Or write them here. I know the powers that be read these here blogs from you fellow Maniacs.

Smell my face! (Blog Post) - 3/17/2008 12:50:21 AM

lol I'm here, Collector. But I tend to zone out on the weekends when you shot your email. I spend so much time online during the week that I go watch TV or play poker on Saturdays. I just saw your email a few minutes ago, butthead. :) And yep, that's my personal email. I think I gave it to you direct a few months back on one of your blogs...Or was it my blog? Man, my memory's killing me. Checking messages now mla.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/14/2008 6:27:14 PM

A guy is sitting at a bar in a skyscraper restaurant high above the city. He's slamming tequila left and right. He grabs one, drinks it, goes over to a window and jumps out. The guy who was sitting next to him couldn't believe that the guy had just done that. He was more surprised when, ten minutes later, the same guy, unscathed, comes walking back into the bar and sits back down next to him. The astonished guy asks "How did you do that? I just saw you jump out that window and we're hundreds of feet above the GROUND!". The jumper responds by slurring, "Well, I don't get it either. I slam a shot of tequila and when I jump out the window, the tequila makes me slow down right before I hit the ground. Watch." He takes a shot, slams it down, goes to the window and jumps out. The other guy runs to the window and watches as the guy falls until right before the ground, slows down and lands softly on his feet. A few minutes later, the guy walks back into the bar. The other guy has to try it too, so he orders a shot of tequila. He drinks it and goes to the window and jumps. As he reaches the bottom, he doesn't slow down at all...SPLAT! The first guy orders another shot of tequila and the bartender says to him, "You really are a fucking asshole when you're drunk, Superman."

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/13/2008 12:37:08 PM

Shame on you, monkeyfoot, shame on youuuu. I said Ty Burrell was playing Doc Samson months ago here at Mania. :) And I agree, it's cool to have the trailer broken down by the director so soon.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/12/2008 1:12:16 AM

Yep, I liked SR as well and can't wait for Man of Steel. It's obvious that I want this one in theaters more than any WB-distributed JLA film. And if Singer chooses to pump up the action angle, that's cool with me but I bet a lot of fan expectations are hinging upon which villain will be on the hot seat this time. Spacey is confirmed as returning as Luthor but it will likely be a limited role and not be as the main baddie. So who? Who can attract audiences in the same context as Batman taking on the Joker?

JARRODSARAFIN'S MANIACAL PERSONA