All JarrodSarafin's Comments

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/14/2008 6:27:14 PM

A guy is sitting at a bar in a skyscraper restaurant high above the city. He's slamming tequila left and right. He grabs one, drinks it, goes over to a window and jumps out. The guy who was sitting next to him couldn't believe that the guy had just done that. He was more surprised when, ten minutes later, the same guy, unscathed, comes walking back into the bar and sits back down next to him. The astonished guy asks "How did you do that? I just saw you jump out that window and we're hundreds of feet above the GROUND!". The jumper responds by slurring, "Well, I don't get it either. I slam a shot of tequila and when I jump out the window, the tequila makes me slow down right before I hit the ground. Watch." He takes a shot, slams it down, goes to the window and jumps out. The other guy runs to the window and watches as the guy falls until right before the ground, slows down and lands softly on his feet. A few minutes later, the guy walks back into the bar. The other guy has to try it too, so he orders a shot of tequila. He drinks it and goes to the window and jumps. As he reaches the bottom, he doesn't slow down at all...SPLAT! The first guy orders another shot of tequila and the bartender says to him, "You really are a fucking asshole when you're drunk, Superman."

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/13/2008 12:37:08 PM

Shame on you, monkeyfoot, shame on youuuu. I said Ty Burrell was playing Doc Samson months ago here at Mania. :) And I agree, it's cool to have the trailer broken down by the director so soon.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/12/2008 1:12:16 AM

Yep, I liked SR as well and can't wait for Man of Steel. It's obvious that I want this one in theaters more than any WB-distributed JLA film. And if Singer chooses to pump up the action angle, that's cool with me but I bet a lot of fan expectations are hinging upon which villain will be on the hot seat this time. Spacey is confirmed as returning as Luthor but it will likely be a limited role and not be as the main baddie. So who? Who can attract audiences in the same context as Batman taking on the Joker?

Smell my face! (Blog Post) - 3/12/2008 1:01:40 AM

We definitely have a lot of new faces joining the Maniac ranks and as Mla says, some of them have been around for a bit, they're just partaking in the experience now. And Movielord is here everyday one way or another. After all, he's our DVD guru for the site. Lately, he's been doing some Toys features for the site too. You can check out his latest Neca spotlight on the upcoming New York Comic Con TMNT exhibit on the main site this afternoon. lol at the "Mommy" part too. That's two smiles you gave me this morning. One there and the other one telling me I should be perfect on the trivia game. I wish....I wish...I uber-wish I was perfect at everything..You can bet I would test my perfection at buying a lotto ticket or two..or three... :)

SaucyMi Dominates Screenshot Trivia (Article) - 3/10/2008 7:17:10 PM

Wile, You don't have to wait. Check out the header above. The automated Screenshot Trivia has begun.

SaucyMi Dominates Screenshot Trivia (Article) - 3/10/2008 1:09:43 AM

Notes: Peckinpahwannabe, I added that 1 point to your score but I need you to check your email for a question I sent your way this morning. When I grab your email, I'll update your numbers again here. MyerFreddy, I added that two points from last week to your final score for the Pet Cemetery issue. And everyone else, expect the official version very soon here. Goodluck and remember, you must be precise on your answers from now on in any official Screenshot Trivia games...Whether it's for movies, television, anime, etc. If you know a movie screenshot but you're unsure of the title, consult Imdb.com's listings for that movie. The answer will be worded precisely from their listings. Thanks and good luck everyone!

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/7/2008 6:21:38 PM

Mustang, You read it correctly but they're two different Avatar concepts.. Cameron's Avatar is an original spec..a Sci-Fi Fantasy with a mixture of live-action and motion capture technology. M.Night's Avatar is based on the toon property. They're not related.

ANIMALS Set to Wipe Out Mankind (Article) - 3/6/2008 10:47:19 PM

Haha Mr. Jaw. Nice one. For some reason when I was writing this one up, I kept thinking of the Evil Deer in Slither. You know, one of those animals you wouldn't expect but could get really pissed off at man after a while..Unfortunately, I couldn't find a photo for that evil Deer who wants to eat Nathan...So I opted for a Mad Bear instead. And holy shit, The Last Starfighter is coming on HBO right now. I haven't seen that in years..

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/4/2008 11:46:58 PM

Some of the new things are pulling me away from commenting as often. The biggest thing is that new Movie Screenshot Trivia Game..I have to sift through 200 or so emails every week now for that one alone. Also the new Friday Rumor column. This is on top of managing the content and news which always pulls me up..up..down..down..left..right..left..right..B A (Oh wait..) Hopefully when the Screenshot game gets Automated this week (No more emails), I can talk more Lost and stuff with you fellow Maniacs. :)

Unspecified Title (Article) - 3/4/2008 4:18:06 PM

lol Guys, I never said it was breaking news or anything. Just a some producers answering Lost related questions. I was thinking it's Michael or Claire in the coffin too. But I'm not so sure anymore. Charlie's sacrifice was about getting Claire on the helicopter, right? But who's to say that Claire doesn't die on the boat or in the helicopter? Whatever the case, this season of Lost has been badass so far and it looks like the body count will go up soon. Oh yeah, Sawyers getting another haircut. That too.

JARRODSARAFIN'S MANIACAL PERSONA