All Jeffaulburn's Comments

1 2 3 >  >>

10 Best Star Trek Moments (Article) - 7/27/2011 12:47:42 PM

Good choices, I agree with jackwagon with reguards to the First Contact moment and even would have added the ending of Star Trek VI when Kirk saves the President and then gives his speech about the fears of the future and the closing captains log. Another good one would be Deep Space Nine's third season two part episode 'Past Tense" The scene where Sisko gives a dressing down to the guard, this is while they are in the 2020's mind you, about trying to make changes so that all people are given the chance to make something of themselves. So many good moments to choose though it is tough, good article :)

A History of Pirate Movies (Article) - 5/18/2011 6:43:41 PM

I think the only thing to come along and change things up will be a real historical drama about one of the many real pirates. There are a lot of good real pirate tales out there that would make a fantastic epic film if done in a realistic depiction, ala "Last of the Mohicans" like. Maybe without the love story part or that part toned down more but I tell ya Blackbeard or one of the many female pirates, like the pirate husband and wife in NFLD, Canada during the mid-1600's who made impressive raids all down the eastern seaboard  etc. It wouldn't take much to find the right story and someone with enough money and passion could accomplish it tastefully and and make a truly great realistic pirate movie that would throw a much needed curve into the 'fictionalized' and predictable, yet fun, way pirates are show on screen now and as they almost always have been since the invention of film.

Mania Review: Source Code (Article) - 4/1/2011 5:17:37 AM

You've convinced me, I shall actually go to the theatre to see this after your review :)

Now to convince my girlfriend, lol.

Fan Beefs Part II: The 5 Biggest Actor Arguments (Article) - 4/1/2011 5:12:18 AM

I think you're right in saying that the Picard and Kirk character play off each other and not against. I know I cannot decide and I am a life long trek lover, been fowling the series since I can remember. I do have to say I think that they're is room for some Sisko love, the series is probably one of the most under-rated and I recommend anyone doubting that to watch a few episodes, especially from the end of season 2 onward, in particular season 6's episodes; "Far Beyond the Stars" and "In the Pale Moonlight", now those really are heavy handed episodes with should put him in the running and again he's a different Starfleet Command officer than both Picard and Kirk and I think just as equal.

10 Worst Vacations Ever (Article) - 3/22/2011 1:49:11 PM

I'm gonna throw in "Weekend at Bernie's" as viewed like it's a serious movie, since they're in fact dragging a corpse around and abusing it and such...talk about bad vacation...well mostly for Bernie :P

10 Worst Vacations Ever (Article) - 3/22/2011 6:10:54 AM

Got your Die Hard locations reversed, you stated; "Officer John McLane (Bruce Willis) leaves L.A. at Christmas to visit his estranged wife and kids in NYC for Christmas." except it was the other way around. He is a NYC police officer and went to visit her in LA. Remember the line is "Come out the coast we'll get together have a few laughs"

"I'm Here to Save The Film!" Part 2 (Article) - 1/29/2011 6:21:02 AM

Tony Todd is awesome in Star Trek, he was in TNG as Worfs brother Kurn, again he portrait Kurn in a DS9 episode and then he played a warrior alien race called the Hirrogen in Voyager. Not to mention I can't believe anyone left out his awesome Special Forces turned mercenary role in "The Rock"; he was the rocketman :P

"I'm Here to Save The Film!" Part 1 (Article) - 1/27/2011 5:43:15 AM

Pete Postlethwaite was actually in "Last of the Mohicans" with Daniel Day Lewis, he plays the captain, Captain Beams, who is at the side of Col. Munro at Fort William Henry and is thee until the Ft. William Henry massacre, which is based off the real massacre, although they made some changes for dramatic purposes.

Surprised his role there wasn't mentioned.

83rd Academy Award Nominations Are (Article) - 1/25/2011 6:38:11 AM

Sensing a big race between Inception, True Grit, The Kings Speech and Black Swan.

I think I am actually looking forward to this years the movies were great and tough to pick from.

10 Great Toys to Honor Actors on Memorial Day (Article) - 5/28/2010 5:55:36 AM

Phil Hartman = Awesomeness!

Bill McNeil: "Newsradio"

Bill: Oh, I remember one time my father came home from a night on the town, which of course had turned into a week, and my mother said, "John, is there anything you won't drink?" and my father shot back, "Poison! I'm saving it for you!"
[laughs]
Bill: And I and my brother, who's now an alcoholic himself, just about died laughing.
Lisa: And this is a happy memory for you?
Bill: Of course! Another time I was cut from the high school football team, and my mother said, "Central's lost a fullback, but the McNeals have gained a daughter."
[laughing]
Bill: In front of the other players, too! Priceless!
[laughs]