All McQuestion's Comments

AVENGERS Begins Production (Article) - 4/25/2011 5:17:58 AM

OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY!

Singer's What-If STAR TREK Pitch (Article) - 4/23/2011 1:17:46 PM

I like the entire concept, except for the idea of a Kirk being at the middle of it. What are the ods that another Kirk is in command of an Enterprise again that far into the future? I know this is fiction, but still, that sounds like FANfiction. Instead, make it a new compelling character (maybe one who idolized Kirk's legacy and thinks he'll never measure up) and you have what I think would be great Trek TV.

Feige Talks Marvel Future (Article) - 4/21/2011 12:07:43 PM

I find it hard to imagine Shang Chi without Fu Manchu, and I am pretty sure Marvel doesn't own the rights to him any more. Too bad, because Fu Manchu, Shang Chi and Briish Intelligence could make for an AMAZING action movie.

Iron Fist is probably a better bet. I'm wondering how the open chested costume would translate, though. Maybe just make him shirtless or something?

Dr. Stange? Yes, please.

I really think Marvel needs to get agressive about buying back the movie rights to Spider-Man, X-Men, Daredevil and Fantastic Four. With Disney's resources, they should be able to do it. Just imagine the possibilities if you had all those characters available for one massive movie mother of a blowout!

Civil War? Secret Invasion? It'd be the greatest superhero movies ever.

HBO Renews Game of Thrones (Article) - 4/19/2011 12:51:45 PM

Gonna watch it tonight. Looking forward to seeing what all the praise is about! :)

Top 5 Season Finales (Article) - 4/14/2011 11:38:28 AM

The BSG that ended with "All along the watchtower" gave me chills, that pull back to Earth... man, that was awesome. The series ended weakly but at that time it was just incredible.

I have been so poisoned by the final season of LOST that I can NEVER watch that series again. Up until the last season it was shaping up to be my favorite TV series of all time... and then they answered none of the questions I'd wondered about for so long and copped out (IMHO) with a feel good ending that answered none of the riddles that they'd used to suck me in in the first place, proving to me that they had no ending in mind even though they had a clear timeline given to them.

I can't even watch reruns of the show. I hate it that much.

Verheiden Co-Writing DARK TOWER (Article) - 4/14/2011 11:35:38 AM

I own the series but havent' finished it yet (I just started a few months ago). I just finished book 3 and read some graphic novels collections from Marvel (Gunslinger Born), but even though I haven't finished it yet, I'm shaking my head wondering just how they're gonna manage putting this sucker on film without mangling it to death.

Sony Continues 007 Partnership (Article) - 4/14/2011 11:30:04 AM

I have to respectfully disagree. I think Craig has nailed the true James Bond of the novels in a way no one has since Connery (Dalton came closest to replicating the Bond from the novels since Connery until Craig came along).

Craig's Bond is ruthless, cold and uses women and people to get his job done. He's single minded in his approach and a loner a lot of the time. I've read all the Ian Flemming novels (but not all the short stories) and to me, Craig rings truest to the words on the printed page. Now, if you're a fan of the movies and haven't read a lot of Bond, Connery is the standard to which all must be held, and his first few outings were pretty damn close. Craig may not look like the traditional cinema 007, but he is, to me, without a doubt very much in keeping with the Bond of Ian Flemming's printed word.

Casino Royale was one of the truest Bond film adaptations ever, right down to Bond getting his nuts tortured. The biggest difference was the choice of card game and the modern adapatations (and M being a woman). Quantim of Solace had its moments but wasn't nearly as good as the previous one. It was just too damn confusing at times, but I don't think that's Craig's fault. It also suffered from having a ridiculously weak villain and a poor leading lady.

For me, Craig is the shizz.

APES Effects Shown by WETA (Article) - 4/14/2011 11:24:04 AM

Looks cool. I'd go see this based on the teaser.

Reynolds' Full Body Costume for GL (Article) - 4/12/2011 5:00:58 PM

Looks odd to me. So so, at best. I don't know why they couldn't just go with the perfect GL look from the Geoff Johns era.

Zod Cast in Snyder's SUPERMAN (Article) - 4/12/2011 2:57:17 PM

The good news is: Superman will have somebody to actually fight in this movie. The bad news is: It's Zod again.

I sure hope he's not the only villain. Warner Bros is just in this Zod/Donner rut they can't seem to escape. There's soooooo much more to utilize in the character's cast.

I, personally, still love the idea of a Superman triology where they have Lex/Metallo, and it appears that Lex is getting funding/help/intel from some shadowy someone that is not revealed. The first film ends with Doomsday arriving on earth.

Second film, Doomsday Vs. Superman. Again, it appears as if Doomsday is created or directed toward Superman by that shadowy someone behind the scenes. Film ends with death of Superman, but after credits it's revealed that his tomb is empty.

Third film, return of Superman: brought back to life by his robots or The Eradicator or whatever you want. Finally, it's revealed that the shadowy figure behind the events in previous films is Darkseid, who plans an invasion of Earth or to destroy it or whatever. Final battle is Eradicator Vs. Doomsday and Superman Vs. Darkseid or something like that.

That was my rough outline idea when I heard they were making a new film(s).

MCQUESTION'S MANIACAL PERSONA