All McQuestion's Comments

Can Geoff Johns Save Aquaman? (Article) - 4/7/2011 11:16:53 AM

At this point I don't think anyone but Geoff Johns can save Aquaman.

PROFILE: Jeff Bridges on Tron: Legacy (Article) - 4/5/2011 12:57:03 PM

I liked the movie a lot, but don't see it being the same in home theaters, even IF I had a 3D TV.

Green Lantern Con Footage Online (Article) - 4/2/2011 12:28:27 PM

This has surely bolstered my confidence in this film. I think I'm still into Thor and Cap more, but with this newest footage, it looks like this is definitely going to be a fantastic summer with Green Lantern completing the trifecta. I cannot remember in all my 39 years when I've looked forward to so many well done superhero movies in one movie season.

Thor

Captain America: The First Avenger

Green Lantern

This just looks great. I will see all the films multiple times, I have no doubt. Hopefully, DC superhero films will be boosted by a great performance from Reynolds and GL and Warner will get some more characters into overdrive. I love Marvel, but I love DC too and especially appreciate healthy competition between the two. It's us fans that benefit most from that.

Bring on the summer of superheros!

Reynolds Calls GL Epic (Article) - 4/2/2011 12:22:46 PM

I've just seen the footage on the official site. It definitely helped bolster my confidence in the film. I still don't like the way the suit looks though. I don't hate it but I don't see why it couldn't be like the one in the comics or like the ones in the animated film. I thought those were awesome.

Justice League Stands Alone (Article) - 4/2/2011 7:40:36 AM

This will definitely be hardest to accept for the average movie goer who knows nothing about the comics. Why is this guy Batman? I thought Christian Bale was Batman? How do all these guys know each other? I saw the other movies and they didn't mention each other.

And so on.

I really do think they (DC) are not going the "shared universe" route because Marvel did it first and it would be a clear case of copying them. I personally wouldn't mind if they copied Marvel. What works, works. What the fans want, the fans want. It's not like we have to see Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent eating dinner together, even just a mention of Metropolis (Remember that from Batman Forever?) or Coast City would be nice.

I will watch it because I'm a superhero geek, but if you want me to have a total geek-gasm, do it the Marvel way. Just the mention of "Mr. Stark" in the Captain America trailer is enough to get us geeks (maybe I should just speak for myself here) having multiple geek-gasms. If it works, then there's nothing wrong with copying it. Both DC and Marvel have a shared universe in comics, it would make sense to have them shared in the films too.

Personally, I have no problem seeing Bale's Batman try and interact with Superman. The hyper-realistic Batman and Kal-El would make for an amazing tension, I think.

WONDER WOMAN Caught on Set (Article) - 4/2/2011 4:59:54 AM

Kind of a Katy Perry look to her, isn't there? Not that that's a bad thing. The costume design is even better than the first time, but it still looks a little cheesy to me. Nonetheless, I won't be damning the show because of just the costume. It's half decent, at least. She looks SMOKIN' HOT!

Storyline makes all the difference. That will make or break this sucker. If it's good, people will watch. End of story.

Reynolds Calls GL Epic (Article) - 4/2/2011 4:52:55 AM

Hoping for the best, but still looking forward to Thor and Captain America far more. Be nice to have a third big superhero movie to see this summer, though.

THOR Helmet Shown on Con Poster (Article) - 4/2/2011 4:49:12 AM

Me likes! VERY impatient for Thor to arrive!

Lois Lane Cast in SUPERMAN (Article) - 3/27/2011 4:08:53 PM

Good choice, far better than the last actress to play Lois, who, with all due respect, wasn't sexy or beautiful to me at all. Maybe it was all the moping and angst that made her not sexy, I'm not sure. Looks good so far.

WONDER WOMAN Costume Revealed (Article) - 3/25/2011 7:31:01 PM

I like the design, just not the materials. I also think she looks incredibly beautiful. Still, this should be major summer blockbuster material. DC/Warner can't seem to get it's act together very well these days. Maybe Green Lantern will bring about a renaisance for them on the big screen.

MCQUESTION'S MANIACAL PERSONA