All Meegle's Comments

1 2 >  >>

Possible Titles for Batman vs. Superman (Article) - 11/21/2013 6:28:30 PM

Bat of Steel

Noah Official International Trailer (Article) - 11/15/2013 9:21:36 AM

X-tians will eat this up.

Noah Official International Trailer (Article) - 11/15/2013 9:19:06 AM

X-tians will eat this up.

Doctor Who: The Night Of The Doctor Mini-Episode (Article) - 11/14/2013 10:20:28 AM

Holy crap! I have been waiting since 1996 for McGann to be back. He showed such promise and potential and then...nothing. This short should be an entire episode! It would have been great to have McGann and the Time War for an entire EP!!!!!

Whoa...I just geeked out.

Revolution: Pilot Review (Article) - 9/18/2012 11:15:36 AM

Turned it off 15 minutes in. Reminded me of the same low level of value as Terra Nova.

Doctor Who: Asylum of the Daleks Review (Article) - 9/6/2012 11:48:55 AM

I found myself not disliking this episode as much as most of this Doctor's other adventures mainly because it had moments of genius in an overall stew of "meh'..for example:

Dalek - "Ex-"

Rory - "Eggs?"

Also loved the codependancy aspect of the Daleks but was very confused about something else? When exactly did the Daleks become the Borg? Did I miss when they started assimilating people? Also...wasn't Skaro destroyed? (I guess it was revealed that it wasn't in non-canon Who though!)

DC Zero Issues Review, Week 1, Part1 (Article) - 9/6/2012 11:14:15 AM

Why mess with something that isn't broken?

The Phantom Stranger worked best when we didn't know his origin for sure. I think he had like 3 or 4  different ones that were never really confirmed but all of them were MUCH better and more interesting than the one stated in this issue 0.

The art is poor. Given his new origin he doesn't look swarthy or Middle Eastern or bearded...

Having the Spectre born out of this horrible issue is an affront to his character as well.

The Blackest Night issue of Phantom Stranger was so incredibly awesome that reading this issue felt like a rough draft from someone who had no idea what the character was about.

In a word: STUPID.

The Geek Life: The Star Trek Train (Article) - 1/6/2012 1:10:07 PM

FYI - "Straczynski maintains that Paramount, the studio which produced Deep Space Nine was aware of Babylon 5 as early as 1989. He claims that when he was shopping B5 around to various studios he gave Paramount a series bible as well as plot breakdowns for the first season of the show and other background materials. He maintains that Paramount used these materials to help create Deep Space Nine. Straczynski says that he declined to sue in order to put the past behind them and allow both shows to go forward without the taint of a legal sturggle."

I love both DS9 and Babylon 5.

The Geek Life: The Star Trek Train (Article) - 1/5/2012 12:02:25 PM

I loved Voyager during the first couple of seasons. Mainly becuase I thought that DS9 was so boring. Sixteen years later they've swapped. Voyager to me was the biggest letdown and best example of how a formula can get way too tired too quickly and beaten into the ground. Sure Voyager had some bright spots but it was pure drivel mostly (Just ask Beltran).

DS9 is rich and even though it's a ripoff of Babylon 5, it is one of the best next to Next Gen of where Star Trek can go. Sure at times it's way to soapy but it certainly got better with age. (Especially after the original Dax was killed off). The final season is one of my faves and I think the jury is still out as to whether Worf needed to be brought on at all (as Dorn is a horrible actor).

The Geek Life: The Star Trek Train (Article) - 1/5/2012 11:45:11 AM