All MrEt's Comments

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 8/6/2013 8:57:03 AM

I doubt that DC/WB will dry up and blow awayhavent been trilled by the movies, but they still got my money. Heck if this Arrow show stays around and gets spin offs they may even learn how to make a decent film. I'm hopping for the same idea over at Marvel maybe agents of shield will let us have a few cameos of street level heros.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 8/5/2013 7:49:53 AM

Whats up with the departure Zilla, you best a least make a drop in and see where this board is at when the Zilla movie drops.

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Plot Details? (Article) - 8/2/2013 10:11:24 AM

Wise, while I'm OK with IM being the creator of Ultron, with the way IM3 ended it doesn't fit, seems like it would be easier to use pym to explain it vs talking about what changes tony's mind.

Then again we do have Thor, Capt, and GOG movies and after credit easter eggs to help lay the groundwork for the creation of Ultron, but I do hope pym at least has a cameo showing him as a scientist that works with tony on the project.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 8/2/2013 10:04:58 AM

As long as they don't show an old and grey catwoman I will likely see it, however the old and grizzled may be OK, I think they need to play up the detective angle, after all that is what I see the bat as in any JL role.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 8/2/2013 5:25:11 AM

The release dates for the next Avatar flicks look to line up closely to the Animal Kingdom park revisions at walt disney world. With Star Wars, Avatar, and maybe someday more of marvel it looks like disney has been making some smart purchases and agreements.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 7/24/2013 5:59:16 AM

I'm just hoping godzilla rakes it in at the box office, I reallly enjoyed pacific rim, one of my favorite summer flicks but it's numbers may be putting a squash in future big budget monster mash ups.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 7/19/2013 6:07:55 AM

Well I'm only a month away from my trip to the house of mouse, I'm hopping that mr wonder convinces enough people to boycot the state and the parks are quiet.

Not effing likely

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 7/17/2013 7:28:49 AM

So Zimmerman still has a "perfect self defense claim" as the prosecution had to prove that he instigated the attack, this may very well have happened Zimmerman could have followed the teen yelled racist slurs etc.. but there was no proof.

I doubt 2nd degree murder could have ever been convicted with the requirement to prove malice, a beter prosecution and witness pool could have had Zimmerman convicted of manslaugter. The jury has stated that 1 thought it could be murder and 3 others manslaugter until they reviewed what the law stated.

Remember the saying in the american legal system, better 100 criminals go free then have one inocent main imprisioned.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 7/17/2013 7:22:43 AM

Viti, I think alot of the trial stems from what the law states, and the term burden of proof. so for 2nd degree murder they had to prove.

■A killing done impulsively without premeditation, but with malice aforethought
■A killing that results from an act intended to cause serious bodily harm
■A killing that results from an act that demonstrates the perpetrators depraved indifference to human life

Very hard to prove malice as zimmerman never took the stand, likely why the defense decided to not have him testify after the defense's main witness failed to provide much proof, and many maid fun of her manner of speaking.

while a self defense claim typically must show the following, note the retreat provision is not required in florida, and the defense could have gone to a trial for the STAND YOUR GROUND law.

■The defendant was not in a place they were prohibited from entering.
■The defendant cannot be at fault in the situation.
■The defendant was not the aggressor or instigator.
■The defendant had a reasonable fear of death or great bodily harm that required the use of force.
■The defendant fulfilled the requirement to retreat from the threat or attempt to avoid danger.

of the above the 3rd is the only likely one going against Zimmerman, but again the burden of proof does not Prove Zimmerman as being the instigator.

As for manslaugter Federal law defines voluntary manslaughter as the unlawful killing of a human being without malice [u]pon a sudden quarrel or heat of passion., self defense is still allowed as a defense in manslaugter.

Self-Defense
Self-defense defenses against a voluntary manslaughter charge work slightly differently than they would for a murder charge. When defendants raise self-defense in a murder case, the type of self-defense they claim can be either perfect or imperfect.

A perfect claim of self-defense occurs when there is a reasonable need for deadly force to protect ones life and involves no wrongdoing on the part of the defendant. An imperfect self-defense claim involves an unreasonable belief that deadly force is necessary, some bad behavior on the part of the defendant, or both.

For example, if the defendant was the aggressor in the situation, but still had to use deadly force to protect their life, the claim of self-defense is imperfect.

In a murder case, a successful perfect self-defense claim will result in an acquittal; an imperfect claim will usually result in a reduction to a manslaughter charge.

In a manslaughter case, the only type of self-defense claim available is a perfect self-defense claim. An imperfect self-defense claim in effect is an admission that the defendant did in fact commit voluntary manslaughter.

What Makes a Zombie a Zombie? (Article) - 6/28/2013 7:52:13 AM

Lack of control, a mindless or driven nature, I liked WWZ for the ant like nature, and I am fine with the running zombie, but some of the jumps etc.. do go into the "zombie tiger" realm. It seams to me alot of it depends on who the villan is, most slow zombie flicks the villian is what the survivers become, and fast zombie movies sometimes shy away from it.  I really enjoyed the zombies in The Last of Us, they were faster than many but the story was still about the survivors, heck even Warm bodies brought something to the table with a reason that the zombies liked brains.

So I don't have a real prefference just want a good movie and a story with a little bite in it.

MRET'S MANIACAL PERSONA