All Muldfeld's Comments

Talking with Tuvok (Article) - 5/5/2009 8:32:03 AM

Finally you're doing interviews again. It makes mania worth visiting. Please try to do some long ones with DS9 writers, especially Ira Steven Behr.

10 Reasons to be Worried About STAR TREK (Article) - 5/4/2009 4:14:58 PM

Even with one hand free (I badly cut the other and must rest it), I had to congratulate the writer of this article for being one of the few to not fall for the shallow Abrams-mania that seems to permeate the mainstream media as well as sci fi journalism. Well done! Abrams is all about sensationalism and cheap references to Americana, and disgustingly willing to take credit for everything that goes on in the over-rated "Lost", when others have done all the work since the pilot.

As with the insurmountable DS9, Paramount has never valued great and challenging writing in over a decade when it came to Star Trek. Ira Steven Behr and Moore have kept up DS9's tradition of politically insightful and dramatically realistic writing that explores the most pressing issues of our time in a way in which the mainstream media has always failed on Battlestar Galactica and Seasons 3 and 4 of The 4400. Abrams is incapable of making Star Trek transcend escapism in a way these writers have made it their life's work. Go to hell, Abrams!

10 Reasons to be Worried About STAR TREK (Article) - 5/4/2009 4:12:41 PM

Sarah Connor Chronicles: Born to Run (Article) - 4/12/2009 10:21:06 PM

I also don't get why folks think that if McG's movie does well, it should be taken as a sign of interest in the TV show. I know T 4 will never rival the TV series. I'd much rather watch the TV show than any cheesy films because the show can take real risks. The casting for this show has been terrific! Even minor characters like the runaway girl were extremely well-acted.

Steve753, nice to know I'm not the only one to recognize Toni Graphia's brilliance. She's the main reason why I tuned into this show in the first place.

Sarah Connor Chronicles: Born to Run (Article) - 4/12/2009 10:11:48 PM

While this may have been a B episode, the one preceding it and the 3-parter on Riley and Jesse were A- or better, and the recent "Lost" episodes -- indeed the entire season since Season 4 -- deserves C.

You folks are crazy to think "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" drama is dull. It's incredibly satisfying. Okay the pregnant woman was a bit dull, but so much of it shows an attention to finding interesting story-telling instead of the plot-driven rubbish of "Lost" and "24".

If you're talking about consistency, how the heck can the smoke monster have deep character insight if it killed Mr. Echo, huh? "Lost" is a complete waste of time because none of it makes any dramatic sense; the characters behave in silly ways to fit the plot. BSG and Terminator are completely different animals, and I'm so grateful for them. I guess you enjoy crap like "Heroes" and anything by Abrams.

Toni Graphia is an amazing writer, too; she should be show-runner and not Friedman and that's what the finale proved to me with its rather lackluster dialogue and rushed ending.

Can't wait for Season 3; I've already signed the petition.

Sarah Connor Chronicles: Ourselves Alone (Article) - 3/10/2009 10:15:00 PM

Some of you are crazy. This was the best episode of the year -- kicked the living crap out of that Heroes formulaic commercial tripe -- and was even better than the BSG episode "Islanded in a Stream of Stars", mostly because the latter sucked with terrible dialogue and rushed plotting and way too much focus on Starbuck's melodrama, as usual.

I was heart-broken to see what happened to Riley. The acting on this show is top-notch -- far better than the atrocious Heroes.

The rest of you can enjoy plot-driven garbage like "Lost", but I'll take this any day.

A-

MOVIE REVIEW- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (Article) - 1/11/2009 9:54:58 PM

This reviewer was largely correct, although I didn't mind the Katrina allusions and would have preferred them to be more emphasized with more significance in the plot. Bush is leaving office to live his life happily and richly. He shouldn't and musn't. I'd admire anyone who tracked him down and took every thing he had and then subjected him to something.... unspeakable.

Anyway, this was a terrible film with no real drama. Button was personalityless and Blanchette was ill-defined. It's very childishly written. She's defined by dancing and he by reverse-aging. Wow!

Also creepy is that they dubbed Blanchette's voice onto the young girl so she sounded like an old woman. Why do that? Also this love at first sight stuff is bull. Brad as a child was attracted to the girl, but there's something missing. A hollow film.

I also HATED Forrest Gump.

BOX OFFICE- Eastwood Stands On Top (Article) - 1/11/2009 9:46:22 PM

Where's the edit portion. Oh, well. New post, then.

Grand Torino was a lot better than Valkyrie or the atrocious "Curious Case of Benjamin Button" about which mania.com was correct in giving it a C . Terrible pointless film with no personality for the central character who is entirely defined by his "disease" and lets everything roll off his chest like Forrest Gump. Awful.

BOX OFFICE- Eastwood Stands On Top (Article) - 1/11/2009 9:44:35 PM

I saw Grand Torino in late December. I was kinda disappointed because I expected a really deep and seious examination of race relations. Instead it was a very good exaggerated drama with racial slur comedy; it made it easy to take, unlike "Mystic River", which was excellent but emotionally draining. I don't know. It's reasonably good, but nothing Oscar worthy. Still, it's nice that it veered away from formula in a way and actually had to do with an ethnicity about which I knew nothing -- the Hmong. (I don't know if that's how you spell it.)

I also am against Goyer directing Magneto. I can't remember what's I read he directed, but it wasn't good. Has Fox learned nothing from ruining the X-Men franchise by handing things over to Brett Ratner? You have to emphasize drama. How about Michael Rymer of BSG or at least hiring a good writer? I loved the X-Men comics as a teen, but Ian McKellan brought the character a whole other subtlety and calm arrogance, which I loved! They should let him have creative control or at least let Bryan Singer have a look.

I'm so excited about Wolverine!

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/20/2008 12:16:01 PM

<p>&nbsp;You're forgetting perhaps the greatest film criminal in all of film history -- the protagonist in &quot;W&quot;; yes, that's right -- George W. Bush. However, the American people have never held THEIR war criminals accountable, so it pisses their victims off and causes desperate men to throw shoes and get tortured for it. Such injustice.</p> <p>If Bush knew he would at the very least be deprived of his multiple millions upon leaving office if he committed any crimes against humanity, he would never have done these deeds. The American people share the blame for his crimes because he and his cronies knew they would get away with it and make more millions after they left office.</p> <p>Think about it. The victims of Katrina deserve every penny he has, as do the Iraqis and numerous others.</p>

MULDFELD'S MANIACAL PERSONA