All NDorado's Comments

Doctor Who: Day of the Doctor Review (Article) - 11/26/2013 1:11:55 PM

Whatever off-screen reasons kept Eccleston from being in "Day of the Doctor," it makes sense that HIS Doctor would not have been one of the three to agree to "push the button." His entire rendition of a darker, edgier Doctor, haunted by the memory of the War and what his prior incarnation did, would have been made moot if he appeared.  If anything, upon seeing Hurt's War Doctor, Eccleston's Doctor may have just killed him (a paradoxical suicide?)

Time travel stories, especially ones with multiple versions of the same reincarnated character, can make your head explode.  I enjoyed what they did and now it's set up for the Next Doctor to start afresh. Bring it on, Peter Capaldi!

P.S. Tom Baker's appearance was brilliant!

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Hub Review (Article) - 11/14/2013 2:00:43 PM

The problem is fans were expected adventures in the Marvel Universe, and all we're getting is a cliched, weak cross between Alias and Fringe, with the occassional throw-away line that reminds us this is in the Marvel Universe.

Maybe I shouldn't presume to speak for other fans, but I really was hoping that this would be an opportunity to explore other characters and ideas within the Marvel Universe.  It didn't necessarily have to be a "guest character of the week" type of premise, but certainly something more than what we're getting, which is basically a super-powered mcguffin of the week.

I'm more excited about the Netflix quartet (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist) leading up to a new-fangled Defenders than I am for future episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Why couldn't Disney/Marvel/ABC come up with something as creative as that?

Comicscape: Superman Unchained #3, Wonder Woman #23, X-Men #4 (Article) - 8/22/2013 1:54:18 PM

Great article.  I have to check out your "You've Got Geek" podcast.

TV Wasteland: Another Farewell for Richard Matheson (Article) - 7/1/2013 1:45:39 PM

Iridan, good points, but in my opinion Terminator 2: Judgment Day WAS and always will be a CLASSIC.  :)  I can't wait for James Cameron to get his hands back on the franchise.

A Timeline History of Superman: Part 1 (Article) - 6/10/2013 10:30:36 AM

Wiseguy, if you have a Kindle, "Gladiator" is available as a digital copy.  It might be available for other e-readers as well. (Just in case you have trouble finding an affordable print edition.)

Comicscape: Green Lantern #20 (Article) - 5/23/2013 12:58:51 PM

I think the best comparison is Peter David's run on the Hulk.  In my opinion, no other writer has been able to top that run or take advantage of the rich backstory that he contributed to the history of the Hulk.  I fear the same might happen to Green Lantern now that Johns is moving on.

Comicscape: Guardians of the Galaxy #1, B.P.R.D. Vampire #1, BatmanInc #9 (Article) - 3/28/2013 12:17:32 PM

Whoa, that image of Damian's corpse is chilling...It's a shame that death is never final in comic books though, especially with a handy plot gimmick like the Lazarus Pit lurking in the wings (and R'as al Ghul as Damian's grandfather).  Heck they brought back Jason Todd, they'll eventually find a way to bring back the latest Robin casualty, which is sad, because it takes away from the finality of the moment and the impact of the emotional loss.

Comicscape: Batman #17 (Article) - 2/14/2013 12:39:47 PM

You were fair enough tgo give us a spoiler warning, so why not tell us what was under the silver platter?  You're going to make me read this, aren't you?  I agree with Karas1, no more giant crossovers, especially when the payoff is, as you admit, subtle.

The Geek Life First Impressions (Article) - 3/22/2012 9:59:30 AM

Name dropper.  Hahaha.  Just kidding.  I'm a celebrity interview whore myself.  But I only get the Z-List.  Fine work!

8 Crucial Moments of The Hunger Games (Article) - 3/22/2012 9:52:57 AM

Looking forward to the Hunger Games.  By the way, why is the font-size on this article so small?

NDORADO'S MANIACAL PERSONA