All NDorado's Comments

<<  <  8 9 10 11

The Top 20 Greatest Fantasy Writers of All-Time (Article) - 4/10/2009 9:58:36 AM

Okay, here are two big ones that you missed that should be on your list or at least mentioned in the "also-rans" --

1.  Harlan Ellison

2.  Tad Williams

Carry on.

Fear Itself on NBC and Fearnet (Article) - 3/31/2008 8:19:56 AM

I was a big fan of MASTERS OF HORROR, and I love science fiction, but in my humble opinion MASTERS OF SCIENCE FICTION was a boring disappointment. Looking forward to FEAR ITSELF, but I do hope we get a decent speculative fiction / fantasy anthology show someday.

Anna Friel Finds Love & Gets LOST (Article) - 2/5/2008 6:24:12 AM

So there won't be any kid characters? I liked the original series a lot, in all its cheesy goodness. But it worked because it wasn't played for laughs. Like the original Batman series. Children took it seriously and loved it, and adults could enjoy the humor of its campiness at the same time. Still love the original theme song, "Marshall, Will, and Holly, on a routine expedition..."

ON THE LOT: Auto Week! (Article) - 8/3/2007 9:17:38 AM

I really liked the first episode of ON THE LOT and thought this would be a great "reality-documentary" type competition, with some great challenges, showing viewers all the behind-the-scenes drama that goes into the world of film-making. But you're absolutely right, the makers of this series really screwed it up. It's just a mess right now. And I feel bad for the contestants, because some of them are really talented and deserve much better. The judges comments and advice are just awful and pointless. They should get folks like Kevin Smith or Quentin Tarantino or even Harry Knowles if they want some entertaining yet constructive criticism about the short films. And I think the best way to compare directors is to give them all the SAME SCRIPT, and then let them make there films. It would be interesting to compare the different choices each director makes (actors, cinematography, pace, tone, etc.) and the quality of the final films. But that's just my opinion. (And how many of us film buffs would give anything for opportunity like this?)

Fans Unite! (Article) - 1/4/2007 9:11:52 AM

No mention of Spike TV's "Afro Samurai" (voiced by the great Samuel L. Jackson)? You know it will be fantastic!

"Jericho: Long Live the Mayorâ%u20AC (Article) - 11/5/2006 9:19:23 PM

I like JERICHO too, but I agree there's some unbelievable plotholes here and there -- like for example, if New York allegedly didn't get bombed, and it's one of the big media capitals of the world, how come Jericho isn't getting any media reports from NYC when they're picking up satellite broadcasts from China. Stuff like that. But I'm still digging the mysteries, Hawkins especially. The show has me hooked just because we're living in such a wacky world to begin with that a premise like this really isn't that farfetched unfortunately.

Marvel Encyclopedia, Yarbro, Elliott, & More (Article) - 10/17/2006 11:00:52 AM

I too would love to see a definitive Star Trek Encyclopedia incorporating all the movies, television shows, cartoons, and books. I know that would be quite a hefty book, but as a collector and fan of Trek, it would something I'd love to have. As for the Marvel Encyclopedia, it looks great. Do you know if it's all new content or just a compilation of some of the other more character-specific "Encyclopedias" that Marvel published the last few years.

Witch-Hunting, Mercedes Lackey, Dietz, & More (Article) - 10/9/2006 10:48:58 AM

I'm really glad to see this column. It's about time books get the same treatment as movies, TV shows, video games, etc. Keep up the good work, Pat!

The New Blood (Article) - 10/9/2006 10:44:28 AM

Welcome aboard, Mr. Lackey! TV Wasteland is one of my favorite Cinescape features. Keep up the good work. Glad to see the weekly schedule back, but one of my pet peeves in the past was when Jason had "nothing to recommend" on any particular day. And now I see you falling into the same trap. "Nothing, nothing" on Sunday? Come on, man. There are hundreds of channels out there. Are you telling me that during the 24 hours of Sunday, there will be not one single movie, repeat, new show on TV that day? Nothing? There has to be something. An Abbott and Costello movie Sunday morning? How about "Sunday Morning Shootout" on TNT? There has to be something marginally-genre related that day. Does the Sci-Fi Channel go dark on Sundays? I don't think so. Okay, my rant is over. Do not let me constructive criticism bring you down. Looking forward to next week's column!

NDORADO'S MANIACAL PERSONA