All NickRedfern's Comments

1 2 3 >  >>

Lair of the Beasts: Bigfoot: The Problem of Food (Article) - 3/10/2013 9:46:05 AM

Hey Shawn,

Yes, as you'lll note from the article, I was focusing specifically on the UK, which is a country that is very small, but with an abundance of Bigfoot reports, many in the immediate vicinity of ancient stone circles, sites of archaeological significance, etc. In other words, they are not as random as many might think. Plus, they are also seen in areas where there simply is not enough food. Also, the idea of a colony of Great Apes roaming the UK and never getting caught etc is absurd. But, here's the important thing: the witnesses and their reports in the UK aree highly credible. Which is what leads me to believe they are definitely encountering something. But that something - in my view - is not "just" an unknown ape. There are clear Fortean factors in many of the UK cases.

In the US, yes, I'm aware of the Pacific Northwest angle, but I live on the fringes of Dallas, Texas, and we even get reports from here (regular ones) barely an hour from Dallas. Many of those woods are not thick, filled with greenery etc. Rather, they are parched and rotted. But, we get - again - credible reports.

Lair of the Beasts: Bigfoot: The Problem of Food (Article) - 3/9/2013 8:07:05 AM

Spiderhero:

The main reason i discount the idea that they simply don't exist is that contrary to the usual, tired and lazy approach that the mainstream media take - namely, suggesting anyone who claims to have seen Bigfoot is an eccentric nutcase - most witnesses are highly credible and not looking for publicity, fame, money etc. They just want to know what the hell they saw. And it's the sheer number of credible witnesses that lead me to conclude people are definitely seeing something. But, there are so many odd aspects to many Bigfoot cases, that - for me anyway - it's way weirder than just an unknown ape.

Wildstaar: How did you know that? That's supposed to be a secret. It's also a secret truth that Bigfoot was the second gunman in the JFK assassination and faked the Moon Landing photos.

Lair of the Beasts: The Monster of Bala (Article) - 4/8/2012 11:27:59 AM

Wrrlykam:

Cool re Pelsall! Any relation to Stan and Kath Stackhouse who used to live in Ash Tree Road? My mum and dad used to live next door to them. My dad now lives in Paradise Lane.

Lair of the Beasts: The Monster of Bala (Article) - 4/7/2012 8:57:13 AM

Wrrlykam:

Very weird! That's an error. The Monster of Bala wording does not appear in the title of my article as submiited. But it was the title of one of my earlier posts, so it looks like there has been a technical issue with the uploading somewhere.

Lair of the Beasts: The Origins of a Monster Hunter (Article) - 2/18/2012 12:13:38 PM

Inner:

LOL, people often think that what I do as a job impacts on my life outside work. But it really doesn't. Cryptozoology is an interest for me, and a passion, but not an obsession. I have a regular life outside of it - me and my wife and my mates like to go out a lot (pubs, clubs), I like to listen to a lot of punk rock, watch a lot of horror films, watch a lot of soccer.

Lair of the Beasts: A British Werewolf (Article) - 1/24/2012 9:19:16 AM

Inner:

Yeah, imagination is a powerful thing. But, I do think there is something to the idea that, particularly in childhood, there is something that allows us greater interaction with these "things." Maybe it's that our brains are less cluttered and more receptive to incredible things at a young age.

Lair of the Beasts: The Dogman of Michigan (Article) - 12/18/2011 9:42:22 AM

LOL, no they don't thankfully!!

Lair of the Beasts: What is the Loch Ness Monster? (Article) - 11/8/2011 7:03:19 AM

Gael:

There are one or two reports/rumors of attacks, the most famous being that of St Columba, first recorded in the 7th century but which is believed to date from the 6th century, in which a man is allegedly killed by the creature. But, it a very old story, steeped in legend and not much in the way of fact, and (despite what some have claimed) it occurred not in Loch Ness, but in the River Ness - a river that flows from Loch Ness.

I guess it could have some truth to it, but the age of the story means we'll never get any more data than we have now. If you like horror fiction, you might enjoy Steve Alten's novel, The Loch. It's a story of horror and conspiracy at Loch Ness - and deaths too LOL. It's a good, atmospheric story.

Lair of the Beasts: What is the Loch Ness Monster? (Article) - 11/5/2011 8:31:26 AM

Karas:

Wrong. The theory about the Loch Ness Monster being a ghost was referenced by me in a previous post. However, if you go back and read it, you'll see the info came from author Jim Marrs, writing about the opinions of the US Government's remote-viewers who came up with the ghost theory. I commented on Marrs' words, whio was commenting on what the remote-viewers said, which is very different to specifically me having "explained Nessie away as the ghost of a plesisaur," as you worded it.

Yep, there's all sorts of reasons why Nessie (or Nessies) may not exist. As I note in this article above, "no poll can accurately offer a definitive explanation for anything." Which is true. And that there are so many theories for the "creature" is indicative of one thing: a lack of any evidence at all provokes a wealth of theories.

It's the same with all lake monsters - absolutely no hard evidence, but a lot of theorizing. I don't know how we could ever say that Champ and Nessie are related. After al, it would require evidence (a body, DNA etc) to comapre the two. But I'm pretty confident that won't happen.

Lair of the Beasts: Black Dogs and Ball Lightning (Article) - 10/22/2011 11:00:07 AM

I'm not sure the people in Devon interepreted it as a black dog as such. But, it's interesting that the chruches at both Bungay and Widecombe in the Moor had lightning strikes, and that the former involved one mystery (black dogs) and the other involved another mystery (ball lightning).

The connection (tenuous maybe) is that black dogs sightings have been associated on a number of occasions with lightning and extreme weather.

What this all means, I have no real idea though! Other than that it's kind of intriguing...

NICKREDFERN'S MANIACAL PERSONA