All NickRedfern's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3

Lair of the Beasts: Exotic Animals Increasing (Article) - 7/25/2011 8:44:50 AM

Inner:

Many thanks for the words, much appreciated, and good to hear you liked the MIB book!

Karas:

Many thanks too for the info. Yep, the python in England didn't last long at all when it was obviously dumped and was soon dead, unfortunately.

It's the same with the animal in the Roman View Pond, when the summer ended and the English autumn set in, the reports came to a sudden end - again, unfortunately for the animal.

You're absolutely right: educating people is the key to preventing all this.

Lair of the Beasts: Monsters of Wisconsin (Article) - 7/11/2011 2:09:16 PM

Inner:

The idea that collective belief could actually create something supernatural is one I have a great deal of time for. This is the concept of the Tulpa - which I write about extensively in my new book, The Real Men In Black.

There's little doubt in my mind that (largely unknowingly) we can project imagery into the real world that takes on some form of quasi-independent existence. In my view, this may explain many truly elsuive beasts and strange entities.

Lair of the Beasts: Monsters of Wisconsin (Article) - 7/11/2011 7:18:08 AM

Who the hell made you the expert?

Lair of the Beasts: Creatures of the Past (Article) - 6/27/2011 10:42:33 AM

Maybe the "breathe deep" comment was the equivalent of someone saying - today - to someone else in a dicey situation: "Take a deep breath."

In other words, the statement may have had no bearing on the actions or use of the bow. But itmay have been meant to calm the man in what may well have been a highly stressful, now-or-never situation.

Lair of the Beasts: Monsters & the Men in Black (Article) - 5/25/2011 8:16:06 AM

Wyldstaar:

What the hell does it matter if I reference the fact that a movie was made on the subject of the book I'm referencing (The Mothman Prophecies)? I gave people an Intro to the Mothman background/story, and then pointed out that the tales of its exploits could be found in Keel's book and in the film of the same name. What's the problem with informing people of where they can find out more about Mothman - if they want to?

Yes, I do relate in the article data suggesting the MIB are real and based upon facts not hearsay. I expand upon that deeply in the book. I don't apologize for that, because of the data I uncovered that leads to me conclude they are real.

In the very same way that I deeply expand in the book why certain classic cases were hoaxes, misidentification, and the result of mental illness/psychological issues. Re the latter: I'm not talking about those types of lunatics and nut-jobs who have to check 45 times that they have unplugged the iron or locked the front-door, but far deeper issues that actually have a bearing on the MIB phenomenon.

But, here's the important thing: I have uncovered files that clearly show some British MIB reports can be traced back to the British Royal Air Force's Provost & Security Services. I have these files (officially declassified via the Freedom of Information Act) in the book. Same with certain US files identifying some MIB as being US Intel in origin. That's what makes me state so firmly in the article my opinion that the MIB phenomenon is a real one.

But, do I think there are utterly unverifiable, undocumented, friend of a friend cases, or mistaken identity, or hoaxing when it comes to the MIB? Of course I do. I absolutely know such cases exist.

And, if there was any agenda on my part just to portray the MIB as ALL being  real, I would hardly have in my book entire, separate chapters on how hoaxing, mental illness, and mistaken-identity have played massively profound roles in nurturing and confusing the real aspect of the MIB phenomenon!

Lair of the Beasts: Monsters & the Men in Black (Article) - 5/23/2011 5:48:22 AM

Wyldstaar:

You say of my book: "This book will probably do quite well with it's target audience. The main reason there are more biased books out there than neutral ones is that the biased ones sell better."

The book isn't biased. It includes some MIB cases which I believe are absolutely genuine. It also has an entire chapter on MIB cases which are clearly hoaxes, an entire chapter where the witnesses were clearly fantasy prone and mentally ill, and one where the MIB were nothing of the sort, and just the result of mistaken identity.

The book certainly takes the stance that the Men in Black are real (hence the title of my book), but it's hardly biased to the idea that the MIB are government agents as per the Will Smith/Tommy Lee Jones. In fact, I conclude in the book that - a few cases aside - the MIB are definitely NOT government agents. But they are a real phenomenon.

Lair of the Beasts: Books of the Beastly Kind (Article) - 5/10/2011 6:37:51 AM

InnerSanctum:

No-one is forcing you to read these pages. If you think it's crap, why do you bother reading it? I think religion is bullshit, which is why I don't go to church. I can't think of anything more illogical than wasting time doing something I dont want to do. So, again: why do you bother reading and commenting if you think it's nonsense?

Lair of the Beasts: Monster Archives (Article) - 5/10/2011 6:29:16 AM

InnerSanctum:

You can purchase copies of the Thatcher files from the UK-based National Archives, where the original papers are now housed.

Nick Redfern.

Lair of the Beasts: When Creatures Collide (Article) - 2/28/2011 8:48:25 AM

Denis

First, the quote from the Robert Charles Hope book is accurate. Second, re the story of Eileen Gallagher, you're evidently unaware that it's policy for the people I interview (and I do mean all of them) where the story is to be published, to provide a signed, release-form.

Now, that does not mean the person is not fabricating, but when they are signing a release-form attesting to the reality of the statement made, and on an understanding it will be published, then in my view that narrows down the likelihood of a hoax.

NICKREDFERN'S MANIACAL PERSONA