All ProfessorW's Comments

<<  <  4 5 6 7

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/27/2008 1:59:32 AM

... There are some realities I can't navigate even when vegetables are involved...

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/25/2008 4:59:19 PM

I and my fellow pseudo-herrings look forward to it! That's all, folks!

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/25/2008 4:32:17 PM

Ma chère Mnémosyné, la plus sensible de toutes les Muses, veuillez accepter mes regrets les plus distingués et sincères. On bended knee (for a mere mortal of my advanced years with sclerotic joints no mean feat!), I throw myself at your saintly feet for any offence I might have misguidedly caused you.<br /><br /><br /> I hope - with a modest degree of certainty - that your pierced heart will restore itself to complete recovery. Although I don’t know you from Adam (there goes that misleading name again!), I trust that an angel, a muse and a Madonna blended into one – dare I say – half-human, half goddess will almost undeniably have sufficient layers of translucent and resplendent integument to endure the clumsy lucubrations of a well-meaning old man.<br /><br /><br /> As for Stella Maris’ comparison of this quest with a blackberry, I can only venture the guess that, having exhausted all metaphors of sea-life and land-mammals, this latest animism is attributable to an excess of fruit…<br /><br />

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/24/2008 1:27:45 PM

Oh, the same tired, old dance! I smiled at the symmetry of your question. However, I shall indulge you this once, but fearing to be thought shy (an improbable eventuality!), I shall not be bitten twice. You are indeed true to your persona, since, as we know, memory does plays tricks upon us and the female of the species is so much deadlier than the male. My friend is an acolyte, still seeking the light - not yet bathing in it. He enjoys his infantile word games from his childhood and fancies himself a wordsmith. He misquotes other wordsmiths and derives pleasure therefrom, but he is mostly harmless. He is safe now and will find his path - but not in the woods... Remember the words of the Chinese sage: "In life they dream they are awake". It may be premature, but my old, aching bones tell me that Stella Maris has understood this... ... and, as the other wordsmith so succinctly said: "The rest is silence".

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/24/2008 11:55:47 AM

Hello Mnemosyne, You are misguided. A seasoned herring should have fathomed that a wise old fish never rises to the bait. Besides, honi soit qui mal y pense. I had no no mischief in mind. I merely carried out a favor for a friend, who is indisposed. I am but an innocent bystander. There is no requirement for me to play a more active role at this juncture. The term "devil" is oftentimes abused, as is the moon which plays only a positive - perhaps sacred - role. You of all with your chosen persona must surely remember this... Throw your bait as much as you like, this fish shall not bite! PS I appreciate Stella Maris' kind offer, which I shall take up when the time is ripe.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/23/2008 6:14:22 PM

A friend, who may not communicate with you, has asked that I send you a message. You made reference in your article to a comment he once made privately to your amanuensis. He is grateful for this honor and hopes (and believes) you have understood to what he was referring. I too have seen your writings and believe that you are making good progress. You are not the first. However, I am certain, beyond peradventure, that you will arrive. Keep your eyes open for signs and do not allow yourself to be disoriented by those who choose to commit the greatest sin, which, as you know, is cowardice. Many of your predecessors can guide you, should you need and seek guidance. They, and others, are there to provide fortitude and direction. Remember your Burton: "Doth the moon care for the barking of a dog?" There is nothing further to say at this time. Vale

PROFESSORW'S MANIACAL PERSONA