All Rizing's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

7 New Amazing Spider-Man 2 Images (Article) - 1/16/2014 11:36:37 AM

@BSFrosty

Agreed. I think Raimi/Maguire have the superior Spider-Man franchise. If that team were under Marvel's umbrella. Imagine how great it would.

Baron Wolfgang von Strucker for Avengers 2 (Article) - 1/15/2014 5:40:09 PM

Think of the potential for a Red Skull reference. I'm looking forward to how Joss Whedon and Marvel work this character.

If they could work out Arnim Zola, then they can do Baron Strucker.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Seeds Review (Article) - 1/15/2014 12:48:50 PM

Did anyone catch Skye mention the name, "Bucky Barnes" at the memoriam? If the show continues into April, we may hear that name again during the tie-in to Captain America: Winter Soldier.

I think the Clairvoyant has the mind gem.

The scene with May chattering in the car with Coulson shouldn't be overlooked. It was a great little scene where the actors got a chance to interact in a way that was closer to theater; I think the audience benefitted from it. The fight scenes were incredible.

We see more glimpes into May's character, especially her reactions when she listened to the horrific testimony of that former agent. More and more, we see S.H.I.E.L.D. is really not that cool of a place to be. The first sign was how Nick Fury manipulated in The Avengers. All that is hard to reconcile, even with Skye's positive attitude about her past. The speech at the end. Skye has youthful naivete. Coulson is... damaged, and in need of some inspiration in a world of hardened, cold government agents. I'm not saying we should focus on the negative in life, but we shouldn't adopt a myopia either to things that are wrong, especially if we can do something about it. Of course, this is just one episode. I guess I feel some relief that Coulson has a better outlook, but I don't think for a character that sophisticated and likable that that's the end of that.

"Seeds" was a different kind of story that switched gears from "The Magical Place" episode. That's cool, but for me, it wasn't as exciting. I wish it was exciting because it was a worthy story about Blizzard, his friend and Leo Fitz. That sort of dip in episode energy happens all the time and I can forgive it. I still like the show. I think Marvel takes chances and goes against the conceited, uppity Hollywood grain and I love it!

Michael Douglas for Ant-Man (Article) - 1/13/2014 6:59:27 PM

The intrigue for this movie is raised by casting Douglas and the way Marvel is handling this. Very, very cool.

Agents of SHIELD: The Magical Place Review (Article) - 1/10/2014 1:28:38 PM

I enjoyed this episode for the most part.

I don't think Coulson is the Vision. But I heard a great suggestion on another website that the Clairevoyant may be using the mind gem. If that's true, then the implications are wildly exciting as Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. may figure in to Avengers 3 when Thanos (presumably) takes the Infinity Gauntlet.

I thought the creepy robot scene and Coulson's brain was disturbing. I thought there were unspoken occult inferences in it. Even some mention in the episode of a "leader" who wants to bring "peace to the world," or something like that. None of that is ever coincidence anymore in entertainment. "Please let me die..." is stuff straight out of eternal hell. My personal observations.

What happened to Coulson makes me like Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. a lot less. It just seems like Fury will go to any lengths as we saw in The Avengers. It's clear that Fury has no real love for Coulson. It's the worst thing: a villain that makes you like and trust him. Kind of makes you wonder what kind of people work for S.H.I.E.L.D., no?  It was emotional when Skye freed Coulson from the machine.

The next episode has got a feel like they might lose the energy and suspense they've been running on for the last several episodes. But I got faith Marvel will surprise again.

Clip: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Magical Place (Article) - 1/1/2014 12:58:59 PM

Chloe Bennett is really lovely. I like her on the show. It's just hard to imagine why or how Coulson and S.H.I.E.L.D. puts up with a glaring layman in their midst. Looking forward to see this episode.

4 New Images from Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Article) - 12/31/2013 10:30:46 AM

Agreed with marcd30319 (Sort of).

Marvel does look for substance over brawn which is so smart. The average fan boy goes to the wrestler/body builder types.

Linda Carter has such an appeal that goes beyond her physical beauty. She has a way about her that is incredibly alluring. I know we shouldn't compare WW to Carter, but after you've seen her play the role every candidate (including Gina Carrano) is just another hot girl who can kick butt. They blur together. Watch some old footage of Carter as WW to see what I'm talking about. I hope they didn't just pick Gal Gadot capriciously.

Rogue CUT from X-Men: Days of Future Past (Article) - 12/20/2013 11:53:55 PM

I'd be delighted if Alan Cummings surprised us as Nightcrawler in a scene.

Eh... I guess hoping for a cameo of Kelsey Grammar as an older Beast would be too much to hope for too. I didn't hate his performance at all. Grammar has shown real interest in coming back.

Paul Rudd IS Ant-Man (Article) - 12/20/2013 3:00:58 PM

It's known that I campaigned for Simon Pegg. I still think he would've been a good choice.

But I think Paul Rudd is an exciting choice. It's a light-hearted choice- but more balanced than Pegg. I love that kind of fearless, but smart casting. I'm thinking Rudd is gonna do for Ant-Man what Downey, Jr. did for Iron Man.

Paul Rudd IS Ant-Man (Article) - 12/20/2013 7:22:22 AM

He won't appear in Avengers: Age of Ultron because it will be released before Ant-Man. Ant-Man is part of the 3rd phase.

RIZING'S MANIACAL PERSONA