All Rizing's Comments

Joaquin Phoenix for Superman vs. Batman Villain? (Article) - 12/19/2013 2:16:45 PM

I hope that Luthor will be interesting. Gene Hackman gave it a comic touch and Clancy Brown (DC animated universe) had presence as a stern, shot-calling business man. These are the most memorable Lex Luthors. Perhaps they should combine these characters for the movie.

I want to see a hint of Lex Luthor's green exo-suit too.

New Amazing Spider-Man 2 Poster (Article) - 12/17/2013 10:06:48 PM

Nice.

Honestly, I fantasize about Marvel getting the rights back for Spider-Man. I hope they hire Raimi and Maguire back and clean-up from where Spider-Man 3 left off. It just looks like Sony is going to run this into the ground causing a Batman & Robin fiasco that will shut everything down. A Venom movie? Sinister Six movie? It sounds mean, but I can't help but want this to crash so Marvel can get it all back.

INDIANA JONES and the ARTIFACTS of HOPE (Article) - 12/17/2013 2:42:30 PM

@krazyjoe

I liked Temple of Doom. I thought it was a lot of fun and I thought it fit in with the rest of the series well. I don't understand why this movie was the least liked film. I'll take Short Round over Mutt any day.

INDIANA JONES and the ARTIFACTS of HOPE (Article) - 12/17/2013 2:38:15 PM

I think it's time to retire the franchise. Reboots have become fashionable. Just leave it be. Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones. I didn't like Shia's character.

I think Harry Tuttle put it well. If they do another one, then it should be an original story, not referential. And the title character should plausibly be doing things that a character his age can do.

Wolverine Suit - X-Men: Days of Future Past (Article) - 12/17/2013 2:26:27 PM

I thought it was going to be his classic suit when I read the headline.

Did you know that his yellow spandex makes an appearance in a cut scene from The Wolverine? I saw it on line. Very cool.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Bridge Review (Article) - 12/12/2013 2:31:31 PM

RE: Tim Janson

You know, I think you're reaching with this one episode by diminishing the last several. I don't understand all the puffed-up hate for this show. Except for "0-8-4" and "Repairs", this show has steadily delivered. It's a great show! It is holla-worthy!

While people were hating on this show, Marvel took it's time and tied everything together in "The Bridge", creating suspense and excitement for coming episodes. This mid-season finale validates the last several episodes. It was superb! I'm siked!

Law & Order gets on just fine without deep character development, and we still learn about those characters on the show. I imagine that imposing this development too soon on Agents... could come off as premature.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Clip: from The Bridge (Article) - 12/8/2013 10:09:55 AM

I love this show! I don't understand the hating or the dip in ratings. Except for that ridiculous episode, "Repairs", and "0-8-4", the stories are fantastic and they don't need Thor, Cap, Stark or Hulk to be so.

Ming-Na Wen is still gorgeous and she owns the character of Melinda May. I'm really intrigued by the growing mystery surrounding Coulson's death and resurrection. I suspect that it's not Coulson and that he really did die.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Full Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer (Article) - 12/5/2013 11:51:49 AM

It's good. It has a lot of echoes of the Sam Raimi movies. "My enemies... my path... etc." Tobey Maguire is always gonna be Spider-Man for me.

X-Men: Days of Future Past Viral Video (Article) - 11/26/2013 11:33:51 AM

It's compelling, If not a bit vulgar. JFK's family and the entire country mourned and wailed at his assassination. He was a stellar president no matter what the haters say. I'm not knocking it because he's part of history now and his legacy is used even in positive aspects of fiction. But Magneto... ?

Possible Titles for Batman vs. Superman (Article) - 11/21/2013 2:58:58 PM

@Wiseguy

I heard. Which is an awful step in the wrong direction and why I don't have high hopes for a DC cinematic universe.

Hollywood has always been embarrassed by Superman. For decades after the Chris Reeve movies, they wanted to make him a darker anti-hero. Zack Snyder can't stop asking in the Watchmen behind the scene interviews, "Who gets to decide what's right or wrong?" That's an ambiguous, shoulder-shrugging attitude; a huge cop-out. That attitude is being applied to Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man and potentially Captain America.

RIZING'S MANIACAL PERSONA