All Rizing's Comments

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Level 7 Access With Coulson (Article) - 8/21/2013 2:35:19 PM

@monkeyfoot

I respectfully disagree. I was reading comic books from the 90's up to maybe 2005- which was around the time all the gloss and spectacle was becoming common place. Sure, there was Superman's death, but I knew that was a total spectacle.

I remember Green Goblin stayed dead. I don't recall Gwen Stacy coming back to life. The Arranger was murdered by Kingpin and it was a wrap. I remember Film Freak being murdered by Bane (Knightfall). Albattoir was killed by Azbats (Knightquest). And wasn't Green Arrow dead? Did Barry Allen stay dead?

I mean, it's only a matter of time before Dr. Manhattan raises Rorschach from the dead to get revenge on Ozymandias....hm... which, now that I think about it, would not only give Alan Moore a heart attack, but is a somewhat intriguing idea.

Maybe I'm alone in my assessment, but hopefully it will catch on where readers demand more mature weight (as mature as a comic book can get). I mean, I read Batman and Spider-Man for that reason and I got what I paid for.

Batman: Arkham Origins - GamesCon Trailer (Article) - 8/21/2013 2:01:45 PM

I see Firefly. Very cool.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Level 7 Access With Coulson (Article) - 8/21/2013 8:44:09 AM

As much as I like the character, it cheapens the movies to bring him back. It becomes laughable and melodramatic. That threatens the gravity that Marvel has established in their movies.

Comic books have gotten silly: everyone has a healing factor, everyone is a genius and everyone dies but then they return to great fanfare. You can literally burn the flesh clean off of Wolverine and he still comes back. Ridiculous!!

Cheating death works for a select group of characters like The Joker.

I love a good story and a good story keeps its gravity. Let Kraven, Jason Todd, Matt Hagen (Clayface2), Punisher- all of them- and Phil Coulson rest in peace.

Fantastic Four and X-Men Cross Over? (Article) - 8/20/2013 10:00:54 AM

@redvector

No, I doubt that. I think Marvel is very sensitive to what Sony and Fox are doing with their properties. It feels like Spider-Man and X-Men are being milked dry, and that's what sucks. This is the downside to when you rent out your properties to other studios.

New X-Men Days of Future Past Photo (Article) - 8/19/2013 2:27:19 PM

The imperfections to the X-Men cinematic universe are glaring. But I'm really pulling for this movie to succeed. I'm absolutely rooting for them! It's clear to me that they're also following the great success of The Avengers. Seeing all these mutants in one movie is a major draw.

Pegg Teases Ant-Man Role (Article) - 8/16/2013 10:47:44 AM

So yeah... Simon Pegg for Ant-Man!!

Pegg Teases Ant-Man Role (Article) - 8/16/2013 10:44:21 AM

Um... no offense. But if it were offered to him, I wouldn't mind seeing Simon Pegg in the role.

Hear me out. Sometimes great casting isn't obvious. I was surprised when Robert Downey, Jr. was cast as Iron Man. He was popular in the 1980's and fell into obscurity because of his personal drama. RDJ has since made Marvel history. Offbeat casting doesn't always work or else we would've seen Nic Cage as Superman. But I think Simon Pegg would bring a charm to the role, and just a touch of fun. I'd be more excited to see Ant-Man if Pegg was playing him.

Bale, Batman, and $50 Million? (Article) - 8/15/2013 5:43:47 PM

I've said this before. I'm exhausted by the voice that Bale uses for Batman. Besides, he portrays the Nolan version of Batman. This should be a fresh Batman closer to the comic book.

And for goodness sake, someone with a more subdued voice.

Warner Bros. seem desperate. That isn't reassuring. Instead of taking this seriously like Marvel Studios and doing what works for DC, it's clear to me that they are rushing things to keep up. I want to see DC succeed.

Ford Joins EXPENDABLES 3 (Article) - 8/6/2013 8:51:48 PM

Hey, I love Bruce Willis. I'm not really feeling Stallone's little public attack on him. Whether it's true or not, Willis is a veteran, and he deserves a little professional courtesy. It may be that Willis needs an attitude adjustment. Or maybe he's tired and having a hard time right now. Maybe trying to take care of his kids, while his ex-wife and Ashton were canoodling, is finally taking its toll. Bruce Willis is a real cool dude, and I don't doubt that he has his limit.

Dude is a human being just like the rest of us. None of us have walked a mile in his shoes.

Brolin for Batman? (Article) - 8/6/2013 1:15:00 AM

Marvel always hits the mark more or less with exciting, interesting casting. But this whole Batman casting feels rushed and hyped; something that won't be landmark at all.

Brolin, Goseling- not feeling any of these guys. No. All of this is premature and hyped up. The movie is gonna be lame if they don't get serious.

RIZING'S MANIACAL PERSONA