All RogerXXII's Comments

23.5 Degrees: The Tale of Ursula and the 11,000 Virgins (Article) - 10/29/2009 9:47:47 AM

If you want gruesome displays of bones, dear Professor, without the added benefit of attribution to any particular saint as a devotional excuse, you may want to make a Halloween visit to the famous Franciscan monasteries of Portugal.  Even the Neapolitan and Calabrian fascination with death's sordid physical remnants do not rise to such architectural usage and dimensions.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 9/29/2009 8:58:21 AM

Rumour has it that she was rendered speechless due to "cozying up" to a nefarious character.

Of course, the more realistic answer is that there was a beer shortage in the immediate area, and that there can be no art without beer, which is art.

Happy Michael's day just the same.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 9/19/2009 10:16:01 AM

Since many of you have read this stuff, I don't have to suffer needlessly, and I can simply ask:

Is it true that there is some discussion of Nicolas Flamel, within that ocean of pages, and is it at all accurate?

Unspecified Title (Article) - 9/17/2009 9:42:25 AM

What I find interesting (and somewhat dismaying) is - upon the suspicion that the "Starchild" may possess some "non-human" genes - the immediate leap to a "extra terrestrial mating" conclusion.

Why wouldn't far more prosaic possibilties come to mind first?  For instance... a long-ago rape of an indigenous Mexican woman by the ancestor of a Republican?

And speaking of such...  The US Senate recently proposed a Bill banning any human/animal hybrids...  effectively ensuring self-extinction of their own peculiar hybrid sub-species through legislation... So who was it, a while back, who was pooh-poohing the downward spiral of self-destruction?  Isn't this clear evidence of same?

Unspecified Title (Article) - 9/7/2009 9:50:51 AM

Pye says: "Starchild Skull Essentials. I wrote it specifically so all of YOU could have everything of importance bundled together in a tight little package that any of you can absorb in one go. It takes about an hour to read it and when you finish you will be a fully functional advocate for it. You will be able to explain to anyone why the Starchild really is a human-alien hybrid, and why all we need is ONE MORE DNA TEST to prove that beyond anything any skeptic can say to contest it."

He obviously believes this.  Believes it strongly.  I don't believe it for one second, but let's say I was a "benevolent moneybags", and Pye convinced me to pony up the ante to "prove" his assertions...  Can you imagine my disappointment, perhaps even my wrath, when the results were quite contrary to Pye's expectations?  He might be able to run, for a bit, but he'd never be able to hide...  I really think he ought to formulate his request for funding in different terms, stressing the speculative nature of the investment...  it would be a lot safer.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/23/2009 9:38:42 AM

Ah Stella...  I see you're displaying world-class diplomatic skills in your evaluation of Sinclair's work...  I take it that we'll soon be reading of your appointment to a senior post within the Foreign Service?

On the topic of the Continental Army's possibly benefitting from probably treasonous indulgences on the par of their Masonic Brethren, I can't help but recall the historians invariably citing, as one of the reasons for the Continental Army's victory, the surprise and discomfiture of th British Army in facing the "guerilla tactics" of their adversary...  Which always made me chortle, since Howe himself had developed these "guerilla tactics" and trained the Colonists in the use of same, some time earlier...  And Howe, or his brother, had Washington at their mercy, not once - but 3 times, and inexplicably turned a blind eye while the future President made good his escape...

As far as visits to the New World are concerned, people from Continental Europe and the outlying islands have been fishing the Grand Banks for eons...  One need not exert tremendous amounts of imagination to think up a multitude of scenarii through which a short hop further would've set them ashore on the New World...  Understandably, the information regarding such rich and reliable fishing grounds would have been kept jealously within the trades, in each respective culture.

The Templars and their presence in North America, however, is another matter entirely and a subject demanding somewhat more space than available here, lest wrong impressions and misconceptions be spurred by a quick and partial answer.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/22/2009 12:45:34 PM

Does the author discuss the Masonic influences in the prosecution of the War of Independence?

I seem to recall that Baigent had actually produced a creditable effort in presenting the thesis that the Howe brothers weren't at all eager to win the Colones back for ol' King George?

It is a fact that the military did have a considerable number of "feld lodges" at the time, and I'd like to see a serious study of the interactions between the military lodges and the Colonist masons, assuming that there was any significant interaction.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/15/2009 4:13:11 PM

I'm all for supporting small publishers IF they aren't the sort that knowingly publish complete crap out of financial desperation.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/4/2009 9:45:38 PM

I wish it were legal to chain certain authors to a post, say on the parvis de Notre Dame, and pelt them with pulped copies of their literary turds.

As they used to say back home...  "Il y a des claques qui se perdent"

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/6/2009 12:37:45 PM

In any case, having watched the clips of Haywood's "performance art" turns in the "Bloodline" film, I found them so devoid of substance and of such lack of interest, that I found my mind wandering obsessively to musings on the numerous possible activities that might account for those very obvious rug burns on his chin...

ROGERXXII'S MANIACAL PERSONA