All RogerXXII's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 >  >>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/11/2009 3:59:59 PM

One rather nasty reviewer on Amazon UK today described Aaronovitch's book as a "fascisctic, zionist plot".

I think that's a bit over-the-top...  I rather think that it's a somewhat slothful easy-money publication by an establishmentarian.  No more than that.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/11/2009 8:47:50 AM

I see that a key item of the Kennedy history with the Mafia has been omitted in your compilation...

The fact of the matter is that JFK "stole" the rather narrow election against Nixon.  The VP "delivered" Texas through the legendary "ballot box 13" systematic fraud, and the Great States of West Virginia and Illinois were "delivered" to Kennedy by the efforts of one Sam Giancana (and his colleagues), under an agreement with his erstwhile colleague, Joe Kennedy.

The subsequent breaking of their arrangement by Bobby Kennedy (he went at them hammer and tongs), rightly infuriated the "gentlemen" whose finances were being disrupted in union corruption investigations, this shortly after a "betrayal" on protecting their Cuban investments.

Simultaneously, a close examination of Presidential "Executive Orders", would readily show why the "Military-Industrial Complex" that Eisenhower had so strenuously warned everyone about, would take deep umbrage at the planned actions of the Presidency.

The guy "just had to go", in the parlance of that group of "gentlemen".

And while I'm far from a conspiracy theorist, I have to admit that watching an "executive protection detail professional", such as a US Secret Service Agent, practically stop an open car under gunfire, turn around, see the headshot, and only then take off at speed...  well it beggars belief.  (Particularly since one of the "officially unacknowleged" bullets hit the windshield frame, right above his head!)

I may have been born at night, but not last night, as they say in the good old US of A.  While Mr. Aaronovitch maybe able to prove that there's no proof sufficient to pin-point specific conspirators, he certainly can't deny the copious proof that puts the lie to the "official conclusion" that a particularly inept "lone gunman" perpetuated the crime.  Or perhaps he can, which would say a lot more about Mr. Aaronovitch than about the facts of the event.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/10/2009 7:18:38 AM

Loonies aside, I think young Stella's main objection to Aaronovitch's "debunking", is that it's sloppy, lazy, and relies on false evidence, and therefore becomes counter-productive.

If one's stated purpose is to "debunk" some fabrication, even one fully deserving of this attention, it actually prepetuates that fabrication's ability to survive when one uses spurious arguments/elements in one's debunking, because the followers-of-the-myth are quite astute at picking up on this, in their own perverse manner.

It's quite obvious that something was going on, beneath the surface, at RLC.  And it had nothing to do with the "selling of masses", as any real analysis of Sauniere's own accounts would clearly show.  By the same token, it also had naught to do with "a sainted diminutive redhead" or a "merovingian bloodline", much less the "hidden tomb of Christ", or even - as one ex-pharmacist author would have you believe - the tombS of "the two hidden Christs"!

Since all these myths are based on a tiny kernel of truth, it requires the proper effort to separate the wheat from the chaff, and show where the legend starts to wildly stray from the facts.  That is an effort that it seems that Mr. Aaronovitch deems below his dignity as a pundit, and from what I deduce from this one-chapter-review, he contended himself with easy quotes from non-credible sources.

Which, to my mind, is very much like supporting a criminally trumped up war, by relying on releases from Downing Street.  The M O. doesn't change much.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/9/2009 11:51:56 AM

"and loonies were kept where they belonged."

The paper holds their folded faces to the floor,

and every day, the paper boy brings more....

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/9/2009 11:05:37 AM

Well I'm sure that, within his world, Mr. Aaronovitch is entirely deserving of his high reputation.  But "his world" is that which I described above, and that bar is set very low.  You illustrate it yourself in mentioning his support for the war against Iraq, which was opposed by anyone and everyone capable of even light research.

I entirely subscribe to the theory according to which, when tempted to consider a "conspiracy", one should first contemplate the probablility of disastrous imbecility, and the subsequent scramble to cover it up.

Sad that, when faced with an "actual criminal conspiracy", Mr. Aaronovitch sought to support it rather than debunk it, as he so piously volunteers to do with others.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/9/2009 8:05:06 AM

You need to understand "established media" and its shift from "info-tainment" to "pure entertainment".

People like Aaronovitch simply follow an established process through which the latest person to have written about something (even if just for Reader's Digest) is the immediate "expert" interview on the topic.

You can assign someone to cover a story about which they know nothing at all, and a week after publication of their cobbled-together and largely plagiarized piece, find - to your great astonishment - that they are being intereviewed on television as "the expert"...

This is modern life, get used to it, or find an island somewhere...

(I wish I could interview Mr. Aaronovitch, I'm no sadist, but I do believe I'd enjoy watching him squirm)

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/8/2009 3:21:49 PM

"However, since he splits his time between the Australian outback and the infamous French village of Rennes-le-Chateau"

Isn't that as close as never-mind to schizophrenia?

In the interest of being true-to-form and bloody-minded, I shall state that I am a stout defender of the notion that Spearchucker Will wrote his own damn plays.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/8/2009 3:16:58 PM

Wot's a "benevolent politician"?

Please explain.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 4/22/2009 8:00:16 AM

""a large repair bill

This will teach you for driving an Aston Martin.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 4/22/2009 7:57:55 AM

Obviously, you didn't appreciate the momentous information you were being given.

This signifies that MM rests in eternal peace under the entrance hall boutiques of Alexandria Airport.

I'm glad I could clear that up for you.

(BTW... "The Wolf"????  Are you joking?  How about "the groundhog" instead?)

ROGERXXII'S MANIACAL PERSONA