All Roqueja's Comments

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/20/2015 8:50:31 PM

Too funny!  Any predictions for the Oscars?  Yah, yah it's rigged and they ignore yakkitty shmackity but what's best guess for picture and director?

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/19/2015 10:44:14 PM

I'm just checking in.  This is my bookmark for the comments section for the last point that I have read up to.  "It's not over 'till the fat lady sings, but I hear her humming a few bars in the back row."

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/18/2015 8:36:54 PM

1.  I go with the Motivation Theory for the Supes - Hulk fight.  Straight out strength would go to Hulk.

2.  Peter Parker, the real deal, not the clone.  Or Peter Octavius.  Or Peter Porker.

3.  Even a nod to the man's work in the movies would be cool.  Disney has Star Wars mapped out for the next decade or three, and it will need a specific jumping off point I would imagine.

4.  This last one I have thought long and hard on (heh m heh heh) and it's a draw.  I really cannot pick one over the other.  It still boggles my mind that the writers of so many amazing episodes of the very best show on television at the time totally whiffed on the finale.

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/17/2015 9:09:05 PM

06/15/09

Still has a pulse........

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 2/17/2015 7:25:27 AM

Just checking in for any new insight on the eventual fate of my favorite site.  If nothing else, the Goodbye thread has brought to light just how many like minded souls are out there.

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/15/2015 9:09:48 AM

I am sad to see the end of a great community gathering site.  The work that went into the site was appreciated by the genre fans.  The feedback and discussions were lively and as interesting as the original articles.  I have been checking in almost everyday for years after being a fan of the mag, and enjoyed the entire ride.  At a time where comic book movies and deals are being made every day, Star Wars and Star Trek have both unlimited potential, and there is genre news every single day, I find it confusing that an established genre site is pulling up stakes.  Goodbye Mania.  See ya in the funny pages.

NEW The Walking Dead Mid Season Promo Art (Article) - 1/8/2015 9:38:39 PM

Please have Kevin Durand as Negan.  Jesus I am not so sure about.  Any suggestions out there to bounce off of either of these characters.

NEW Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies CLIP (Article) - 12/3/2014 1:21:53 PM

Peter Jackson can return to Tolkien's playground any time he wants, and I'll be there.  This is the pinnacle of fantasy entertainment, made by the most talented fan of the mythology.  There simply isn't anything to come close to comparing what he has done with the transition of medium in the genre.  Now to get him to sit down for a conversation with Richard and Wendy Pini.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Movie CLIPS (Article) - 12/3/2014 1:16:21 PM

Full on awesome!  I get lost in Middle earth.

The Walking Dead: Coda Review (Article) - 12/2/2014 7:54:09 PM

Loved the episode.  I could nit pick little things, like irrational behaviours, but it is not a rational world and they have been through irrational situations.  I chalk it up to the "It seemed like a good idea at the time" defense.

Loved Talking Dead after the show.  The group really is that tight.  Very cool.

Loved the review.  Thanks for the review mang.  Good stuff.

Loved the comments.  Differing opinions make for entertaining discussions.

Hate that I have to wait untill February for more.

ROQUEJA'S MANIACAL PERSONA