All Roqueja's Comments

Mania Review: Divergent (Article) - 3/22/2014 11:19:56 AM

My kid just asked for the books as a birthday present, so I will probably finally get around to reading them over the summer, which if memory serves me correctly is supposed to be warm and without snow.  I have heard that the main reason that the books caught on so well is the easy to get into descriptions and emotions/thoughts that are written.  That is the hardest thing to translate into another medium without taking liberties from the source material.  With the right director, and the correct insight, it can be done.  I'll rent this one, and would consider the theatre for the last two providing the books are as good as I've heard.

Wolverine Sequel to Follow X-Men: Days of Future Past (Article) - 3/17/2014 6:44:42 AM

I am  big fan of the way the story breathed new life into the character moreso than the actual characters used to drive the story.  That being said however, it would probably work better as an animated feature, to keep it as close to the source material.  The Planet Hulk storyline was a great adaptation that really worked from the Marvel house.  I am still waiting for a Future Imperfect animated feature as well.

Wolverine Sequel to Follow X-Men: Days of Future Past (Article) - 3/16/2014 9:35:59 PM

Old Man Logan should definately, absolutely %100 be his swan song.  It would be hard for anyone to screw up the best Wolverine storyline in recent memory too badly.

Mania Box Office Report: LEGO MOVIE RULES (Article) - 2/24/2014 6:39:40 AM

Caught Robocop between shoveling sessions this weekend, and it was very well done as a reboot.  I was never jarred out of the moment, and the action scenes were pretty sweet.

The movie I watched that I really enjoyed the most in quite some time was Odd Thomas.  Very inventive adaptation, with a great eye toward pacing the movie without any large lulls or gaps in logic.  Anton was perfect for his role, and Dafoe managed to get his character across with ease.  I was most interested in seeing how the bodachs were rendered, and they were cool as ice.  Too bad that with all of the distribution problems I will never see a sequel as some of the follow-up books were even better.

Jada Pinkett Smith for Gotham Villain (Article) - 2/20/2014 7:32:57 AM

Not impressed with the information on this series so far.  The potential is still there, so I will wait it out to see the finished product, but my skepticism is setting in.  I would like to see a Sam and Twitch on AMC or HBO go head to head with this one.

In Memoriam: Philip Seymour Hoffman (Article) - 2/4/2014 10:37:34 AM

Well put sir.  RIP to a tortured soul and master at his craft.

Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 Poster Revealed (Article) - 1/23/2014 4:43:12 PM

The books were a fun read, and the movies are well done with an amazing cast.  The promotional material is not at all interesting for me, other than a couple of well put together trailers.  I really enjoy these adaptations, and will see every one on opening weekend, but I do not find myself wildly anticipating the next instalment, as I do for other franchises like Star Wars, Hobbit and the Marvel Machine.

THE RAID 2: Trailer (Article) - 1/21/2014 3:31:30 PM

The first one was amazing, and I am always recommending it to friends and co-workers.  Pumped to see this one now!

Son of Batman: First Look (Article) - 1/20/2014 5:56:45 PM

This looks to be one of the best DC animated works in some time, and held to a very high standard.  I will definately enjoy every frame of this one.  Glad to see that they managed to piece this one together out of the storyline it came from in great fashion.

Depp for Doctor Strange? (Article) - 1/14/2014 10:20:15 AM

As much as this would be perfect casting IMHO, I can't see Marvel meeting in the middle with Depp in salary.  I would expect a relatively unknown actor unless Depp can be convinced to take a big salary cut from what he is used to in exchange for getting another suiting role.  One can only hope.

ROQUEJA'S MANIACAL PERSONA