All Roqueja's Comments

Millennium Falcon and X-Wing Spotted! (Article) - 9/11/2014 6:21:24 AM

The red blocks of colour at the rear of the Falcon have always been there.  They go across the whole rear of the ship.

First Look: DEATH OF WOLVERINE #2 (Article) - 8/25/2014 2:32:32 PM

I dunno.......trying to keep the pull list at a minimum, but this one has a few things going for it.  Enough for me to pick up a trade anyway.  Madripoor has been the setting for a few of the best Logan stories, and Steve McNiven's art is up to the task.  He is still at the top of his game right now.  Nothing looks rushed or glossed over, and his blacks are an excellent eye catching tool.  The covers are okay, but not enough to jump off of the spinner rack into my hands.  It may simply be a sly story that needs to be told, with the powers that be at Marvel putting their gimmicky spin on the finished product to promote it.

Remo Williams Remake Coming From Sony (Article) - 8/21/2014 9:48:45 PM

I was looking forward to Doc Savage gaining some momentum, but I'll happily watch a Destroyer flick while I wait.

Mania Review: Divergent (Article) - 3/22/2014 11:19:56 AM

My kid just asked for the books as a birthday present, so I will probably finally get around to reading them over the summer, which if memory serves me correctly is supposed to be warm and without snow.  I have heard that the main reason that the books caught on so well is the easy to get into descriptions and emotions/thoughts that are written.  That is the hardest thing to translate into another medium without taking liberties from the source material.  With the right director, and the correct insight, it can be done.  I'll rent this one, and would consider the theatre for the last two providing the books are as good as I've heard.

Wolverine Sequel to Follow X-Men: Days of Future Past (Article) - 3/17/2014 6:44:42 AM

I am  big fan of the way the story breathed new life into the character moreso than the actual characters used to drive the story.  That being said however, it would probably work better as an animated feature, to keep it as close to the source material.  The Planet Hulk storyline was a great adaptation that really worked from the Marvel house.  I am still waiting for a Future Imperfect animated feature as well.

Wolverine Sequel to Follow X-Men: Days of Future Past (Article) - 3/16/2014 9:35:59 PM

Old Man Logan should definately, absolutely %100 be his swan song.  It would be hard for anyone to screw up the best Wolverine storyline in recent memory too badly.

Mania Box Office Report: LEGO MOVIE RULES (Article) - 2/24/2014 6:39:40 AM

Caught Robocop between shoveling sessions this weekend, and it was very well done as a reboot.  I was never jarred out of the moment, and the action scenes were pretty sweet.

The movie I watched that I really enjoyed the most in quite some time was Odd Thomas.  Very inventive adaptation, with a great eye toward pacing the movie without any large lulls or gaps in logic.  Anton was perfect for his role, and Dafoe managed to get his character across with ease.  I was most interested in seeing how the bodachs were rendered, and they were cool as ice.  Too bad that with all of the distribution problems I will never see a sequel as some of the follow-up books were even better.

Jada Pinkett Smith for Gotham Villain (Article) - 2/20/2014 7:32:57 AM

Not impressed with the information on this series so far.  The potential is still there, so I will wait it out to see the finished product, but my skepticism is setting in.  I would like to see a Sam and Twitch on AMC or HBO go head to head with this one.

In Memoriam: Philip Seymour Hoffman (Article) - 2/4/2014 10:37:34 AM

Well put sir.  RIP to a tortured soul and master at his craft.

Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 Poster Revealed (Article) - 1/23/2014 4:43:12 PM

The books were a fun read, and the movies are well done with an amazing cast.  The promotional material is not at all interesting for me, other than a couple of well put together trailers.  I really enjoy these adaptations, and will see every one on opening weekend, but I do not find myself wildly anticipating the next instalment, as I do for other franchises like Star Wars, Hobbit and the Marvel Machine.

ROQUEJA'S MANIACAL PERSONA