All Ryodin's Comments

Mania Review: Premium Rush (Article) - 8/24/2012 5:53:55 AM

As the only big movie releasing this weekend, I welcome this review. I was wondering if I should waste my time even going to the movies since I've seen everything out. At least this review pushes me more in the direction of maybe checking it out. Thanks, Rob!

The Hobbit Trilogy? (Article) - 7/25/2012 5:12:37 AM

Well, the Appendices really are a book unto themselves. So I can sorta see this becoming a trilogy and being okay with that. So long as the last two movies are released no more than six months apart. I really don't have the patience to sit through another three year wait to see events unfold to their fullest in Middle Earth.

Dracula Series to NBC (Article) - 7/25/2012 5:05:30 AM

This might have been cool . . . 10 years ago.

Item 47 Clip (Article) - 7/17/2012 6:03:06 AM

Item 47? Shouldn't S.H.I.E.L.D. send out Agent 47 to retrieve it then? Makes sense.

First Look: SPARTACUS: WAR OF THE DAMNED (Article) - 7/10/2012 6:34:38 AM

There's only but so long they could stretch out the historic events and still make it interesting (i.e., action packed) at the same time. So it makes sense to have this be the last season. I thought Gods of the Arena and Vengeance were already too much padding for what is actually a pretty thin and straight forward historical record. I'm perfectly fine with this being the final season. And so are are the show's producers, apparently.

Star Trek: TNG 25th Anniversary Event (Article) - 7/2/2012 5:33:40 AM

Since the restoration and updated effects have only been done for the first season so far, he means the most popular episodes of Season 1. Not the entire seven seasons.

Weaver Confirms Avatar 2,3,4 (Article) - 6/28/2012 6:32:57 AM

I consider myself as big a Highlander fan as they come (I mean, OBVIOUSLY!). But I'm surprised how I seem to be the only one that likes Ryan Reynolds as the Highlander. It's not him I'm worried about, actually, but the scriptwriters and filmmaker. I simply don't believe in their ability to pull off the right amount of pathos and historic gravity that should go along with the actiony sequences necessary for a truly great Highlander film. RR as an actor is perfectly capable of pulling this off if he has the right material and support.

1 Prometheus Question Answered (Article) - 6/25/2012 5:54:56 AM

Yeah, SmokingFrog77 hit it right on the head! The reason the Engineer hulked out was because the Engineers believe that self-sacrfice and knowing when your time's up as a leader is the most noble of virtues. Weylan showing basically begging to live longer was pitiful and self-serving, all the nasty petty emotions the Engineers despise. That particular Engineer probably went into stasis already disgusted with humanity and thinking that their sacrfice in creating our race had been a big failure. And then here comes the very same humans right up to his very door pretty much confirming how petty and vain they are.

Seriously, it's no wonder the Engineer went beserk. We're just a sore reminder of the mistake they made in creating us. They're probably not used to their mistakes coming back to flaunt themselves in the flesh.

Reynolds for Highlander (Article) - 5/24/2012 6:25:29 AM

As one of the biggest Highlander fans I know, I'm surprisingly okay with this. I like Reynolds, and I like even more the name recognition and crowd draw he could potentially bring to the franchise. Which, lets face it, is in serious need of a revamp after that horrendous p.o.s. that was The Source. if done correctly with just the right amount of gravitas like the first film or the tv series, there's no reason why this shouldn't be a hit.

Oh, and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau already played a centuries old immortal in the Fox show, New Amsterdam. I didn't particularly find him compelling in that role, but I suppose he would do fairly well in a revamp of the original HL movie.

New Django Unchained Photos (Article) - 4/27/2012 6:21:04 AM

It's Kerry Washington, not "Carrie."

And, yes, this is going to be AWESOME! Nice Little Joe catch, too, Smoke. Since this is QT here, you KNOW that was intentional! :)

RYODIN'S MANIACAL PERSONA