All Shogunn2517's Comments

ANT-MAN Begins Production (Article) - 8/18/2014 7:28:33 PM

Actually, Dogg, Marvel CAN afford to have a blunder.  Everything they've done has found some level of success.  Not saying this will or won't but they do have leeway.  I don't much mind them going with Lang instead of Pym.  Actually more concerned what this means for Wasp instead.  Do they use her at all or will it be Hope instead of Janet?

Star Wars Rebels: Disney XD Spot (Article) - 8/11/2014 12:31:13 PM

I agree completely.  But for me, it's not just about the sounds that are enticing.  It's the visuals of Star Destroyers hovering over planets, showdowns with fearsome lightsaber wielding badguys, rebels running away from Imperial entanglements, snark, swashbuckling, scum and villainy that was missing from the PT.  Don't get me wrong, I really liked the Clone Wars.  It put the WARS in STAR WARS, but from what I'm seeing and like you said hearing from SWR, I got higher hopes.

When Marvel Got Diversity and Character Changes Right! (Article) - 8/4/2014 11:15:32 AM

I, for one, appreciate this article.

A lot of people don't know how it feels to be a minority and grow up being a comic book fan.  It IS a lot easier to go head first in to the fantasy and to essentially live through the characters when you're white and they are too.  But what if you're not?  You can still be in to comics, but you DO feel a bit of a separation.  So when I see characters like Rhodes not just fight along the side of the hero but BE the hero, or when I see John Stewart not just find along side the Green Lantern, but BE the Green Lantern.  When I can see other characters like Storm take the LEAD on a entire team and the Black Panther run his own book and see these characters not just being heroes but TAKEN SERIOUSLY by the mainstream, seeing these figures growing up made an impression that WE can be heroes too believe it or not.  It has a lasting impression.  Especially for kids still figuring this stuff out.

Thanks

Wonder Woman PHOTO from Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Article) - 7/26/2014 3:22:35 PM

Oh no someone said this movie is going to be a bloated mess!  That's just too over crowded for me.

Star Wars Rebels: SDCC 2014 Exclusive Clips (Article) - 7/26/2014 1:18:05 AM

The Inquisitor is an inquisitor.  They're a group of Force users used by the Empire to find and eliminate any remaining Force users.

Like the Inquistors from actual history.

THE WALKING DEAD Season 5 Trailer (Article) - 7/26/2014 1:12:16 AM

Where's Carol?

MARVEL ANNOUNCES THE NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA (Article) - 7/17/2014 11:13:32 PM

They did, Bill.

But my question is... Is 6dra6on6 for real?

G.I.JOE 3 gets Screenwriter (Article) - 7/2/2014 4:55:10 PM

I actually appreciated the last director, Jon Chu.  He was a fan of the series, the cartoon and the comic and honestly he stuck to the source material rather faithfully.  If he's not able to come back, I can only hope they find someone who is EQUALLY as much of a fan and don't take the film in a direction where it's not recongizably GI Joe(ie... the first one).

Game of Thrones Season Finale (Article) - 6/15/2014 7:24:13 PM

When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die... There is no middle ground.

Game of Thrones Season Finale (Article) - 6/15/2014 3:38:39 PM

Let me reiterate the first words of this post: PLEASE NO SPOILERS!

If you read the book, keep it to yourself.  If your friend, did like mine did and tell you what happens, keep it to yourself.  If you personally know Peter Dinklage, Charles Dance, Aidan Gillen or Emilia Clarke and they told you that they're still employed, PLEASE keep it to yourself.

For the sake of personal preservation, before this thread goes on, I seriously and very, very, very kindly ask that we adhere to that first sentence and keep ANY spoiler material solely about what we've seen on the show and on the show only that others may not have seen just yet.

SHOGUNN2517'S MANIACAL PERSONA