All Shogunn2517's Comments

G.I. Joe 3 Might Have a NEW Director (Article) - 11/22/2014 11:12:06 AM

Anyone who says the 1st movie was anything(including an actual attempt at filmmaking) needs to be slapped in the face really hard!

It almost ruined my entire childhood.

The 2nd one, yeah it wasn't perfect by no stretch, it's G.I. Joe.  But Dazzler, the difference a director makes is that Chu was as huge of a fan as the rest of us.  He, like all of us, grew up reading, watching and playing with G.I. Joe and he GETS IT.  I can barely talk about all he did and added to the 2nd to be recognizably G.I. Joe!  The vehicles, the characters, the weapons and equipment.  They did not go the route of futuristic, high-tech BS.  They had actual GI Joe storylines.  Storm Shadow joining the Joes.  General Colton coming to the rescue.  SILENT INTERLUDE!!!

The two movies were MILES apart.  Anyone who says that the 1st was better or the 2nd wasn't GI Joe, then I'm convinced you don't know GI Joe.

Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series - Teaser Trailer (Article) - 11/22/2014 10:55:40 AM

If this is ANYTHING like Their Walking Dead games, then you can consider this bought.  And if you haven't played the Walking Dead games, do yourself a favor.

Jai Courtney for Suicide Squad Movie?! (Article) - 11/13/2014 11:13:19 PM

I just hate the fact that DC just has a burning desire to go ut their way to make their big screen properties ignore the small screen, no matter how good they are.

While Marvel seems to go out it's way to connect all of their small screen properties to their big screen properties.

Star Wars Rebels: Rise of the Old Masters Review (Article) - 10/30/2014 8:02:45 AM

Umm... spoiler tags, Iridan.   But I agree.  I actually think this episode was the best so far.  A lot of character detail that we can and that we could read into.  The Inquisitor was intimidated and definitely not a pushover.  The characters didn't just seem to win with easy plot points like I've seen before.  It set up a lot and told a lot.  I was really impressed.

Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Premiere Date! (Article) - 10/24/2014 11:22:22 AM

That's not what imhearing BC.  Actually, quite the contrary.

Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Premiere Date! (Article) - 10/22/2014 6:42:27 PM

Can't post the link but check out Marvel's Twitter response to the leak.

Star Wars Rebels: Droids in Distress Review (Article) - 10/16/2014 12:26:25 PM

I agree El Baz.  Not only does this show remind me of old school RPG days, but there are a lot of hallmarks to the original trilogy and what resonates to most of us as STAR WARS.  The classic computer gaming, roleplaying, the books and movies.  All of that.  The Clone Wars was a fine series actually.  But this one connects to those of us who grew up in the 80s that knew Star Wars from the original trilogy.  It's just a totally different ambience from the Prequals, even if you're like me and enjoyed the prequals.  It's just different and familiar.

My biggest complaint about this show so far is the stormtroopers.  It might sound weird that I'm complaining about their aim, but it's not even like it's comically bad.  It's just not believeable.  They miss from point blank range, which is stupid writing.

But the show's good though.  I'm looking forward to more of it.

10 Heroes & Villains We Want to See in Gotham (Article) - 9/18/2014 12:34:16 AM

Thanks for that hanso.  Though it's hard for me to see Rawls playing a gangster.

10 Heroes & Villains We Want to See in Gotham (Article) - 9/17/2014 1:37:52 PM

I'm VERY suprised to see a few names NOT on this list.  There are a number of figures that were big in Gotham pre-Batman.  Before the costumed and crazy villains run Gotham, Gotham was run by organized crime figures.  Vincent and Carmine Falcone, Sal and Luigi Maroni, Tony Zucco, Rupert Thorne.  The costumed villains didn't really show up until AFTER Batman.

I would be SEVERELY disappointed if at least one of these guys didn't show up in the series.

ANT-MAN Begins Production (Article) - 8/18/2014 7:28:33 PM

Actually, Dogg, Marvel CAN afford to have a blunder.  Everything they've done has found some level of success.  Not saying this will or won't but they do have leeway.  I don't much mind them going with Lang instead of Pym.  Actually more concerned what this means for Wasp instead.  Do they use her at all or will it be Hope instead of Janet?

SHOGUNN2517'S MANIACAL PERSONA