All Shogunn2517's Comments

Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Premiere Date! (Article) - 10/24/2014 11:22:22 AM

That's not what imhearing BC.  Actually, quite the contrary.

Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Premiere Date! (Article) - 10/22/2014 6:42:27 PM

Can't post the link but check out Marvel's Twitter response to the leak.

Star Wars Rebels: Droids in Distress Review (Article) - 10/16/2014 12:26:25 PM

I agree El Baz.  Not only does this show remind me of old school RPG days, but there are a lot of hallmarks to the original trilogy and what resonates to most of us as STAR WARS.  The classic computer gaming, roleplaying, the books and movies.  All of that.  The Clone Wars was a fine series actually.  But this one connects to those of us who grew up in the 80s that knew Star Wars from the original trilogy.  It's just a totally different ambience from the Prequals, even if you're like me and enjoyed the prequals.  It's just different and familiar.

My biggest complaint about this show so far is the stormtroopers.  It might sound weird that I'm complaining about their aim, but it's not even like it's comically bad.  It's just not believeable.  They miss from point blank range, which is stupid writing.

But the show's good though.  I'm looking forward to more of it.

10 Heroes & Villains We Want to See in Gotham (Article) - 9/18/2014 12:34:16 AM

Thanks for that hanso.  Though it's hard for me to see Rawls playing a gangster.

10 Heroes & Villains We Want to See in Gotham (Article) - 9/17/2014 1:37:52 PM

I'm VERY suprised to see a few names NOT on this list.  There are a number of figures that were big in Gotham pre-Batman.  Before the costumed and crazy villains run Gotham, Gotham was run by organized crime figures.  Vincent and Carmine Falcone, Sal and Luigi Maroni, Tony Zucco, Rupert Thorne.  The costumed villains didn't really show up until AFTER Batman.

I would be SEVERELY disappointed if at least one of these guys didn't show up in the series.

ANT-MAN Begins Production (Article) - 8/18/2014 7:28:33 PM

Actually, Dogg, Marvel CAN afford to have a blunder.  Everything they've done has found some level of success.  Not saying this will or won't but they do have leeway.  I don't much mind them going with Lang instead of Pym.  Actually more concerned what this means for Wasp instead.  Do they use her at all or will it be Hope instead of Janet?

Star Wars Rebels: Disney XD Spot (Article) - 8/11/2014 12:31:13 PM

I agree completely.  But for me, it's not just about the sounds that are enticing.  It's the visuals of Star Destroyers hovering over planets, showdowns with fearsome lightsaber wielding badguys, rebels running away from Imperial entanglements, snark, swashbuckling, scum and villainy that was missing from the PT.  Don't get me wrong, I really liked the Clone Wars.  It put the WARS in STAR WARS, but from what I'm seeing and like you said hearing from SWR, I got higher hopes.

When Marvel Got Diversity and Character Changes Right! (Article) - 8/4/2014 11:15:32 AM

I, for one, appreciate this article.

A lot of people don't know how it feels to be a minority and grow up being a comic book fan.  It IS a lot easier to go head first in to the fantasy and to essentially live through the characters when you're white and they are too.  But what if you're not?  You can still be in to comics, but you DO feel a bit of a separation.  So when I see characters like Rhodes not just fight along the side of the hero but BE the hero, or when I see John Stewart not just find along side the Green Lantern, but BE the Green Lantern.  When I can see other characters like Storm take the LEAD on a entire team and the Black Panther run his own book and see these characters not just being heroes but TAKEN SERIOUSLY by the mainstream, seeing these figures growing up made an impression that WE can be heroes too believe it or not.  It has a lasting impression.  Especially for kids still figuring this stuff out.

Thanks

Wonder Woman PHOTO from Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Article) - 7/26/2014 3:22:35 PM

Oh no someone said this movie is going to be a bloated mess!  That's just too over crowded for me.

Star Wars Rebels: SDCC 2014 Exclusive Clips (Article) - 7/26/2014 1:18:05 AM

The Inquisitor is an inquisitor.  They're a group of Force users used by the Empire to find and eliminate any remaining Force users.

Like the Inquistors from actual history.

SHOGUNN2517'S MANIACAL PERSONA