All SinCity's Comments

300-Like MOSES Coming (Article) - 10/12/2009 7:37:02 PM

Funny thing is, the article seems kinda confused... "the studio will develop a retelling of the biblical story, with a goal to make it somewhat like Mel Gibson's Oscar-winning film."

Mel Gibson directed 300? And it won an Oscar?

They were of course, talking about Braveheart, not 300. 300 was mentioned as a forthcoming "300-like Moby Dick." The author of the article (most likely deliberately, IMO) draws a misleading conclusion and displays it as the headliner. Then the article itself starts with his incorrect claim then wraps it up by reporting what the studio actually said. He then concludes the article with "A Braveheart-like Moses? A 300-like Moby Dick? Sound off below" as if that was what he'd written all along... as if the headline hadn't brought you to read this article by stating something completely different. It's just plain dishonest. The ol' bait n switch.

Lame.

What's odd to me is, after reading the comments... nobody else seems to have taken notice of this.

As for the movie "ideas" themselves? Feh. How about a fresh, new telling of the Moses legend or Moby Dick? I mean, when you say "300-like Moses" (oh wait, they didn't lol) then you are just admitting you have no fresh ideas and that all you want to do is ride the coattails of previous successes.

Lame.

Carro Boards CAPRICA (Article) - 9/11/2009 3:40:25 PM

I'm curious- after season 1 airs, are we going to have to wait until 2015 for sesason 2?

RAMBO 5 Goes Sci-Fi? (Article) - 9/8/2009 3:27:33 PM

Jesus Christ, Sylvester.... if you have to get gimmicky it's because the franchise is out of steam.  Let it rest.

And if my humble words don't convice you, I have nine words for you:

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Unspecified Title (Article) - 9/2/2009 11:54:04 AM

3 Phantom Zone criminals??  And these episodes were made after Superman II?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Unspecified Title (Article) - 6/23/2009 4:05:57 PM

Rick Hunter....

Now there's a name I've not heard in a long, long time.  A long time.

Lisa: You know him, then?

Well of course I know him!  He's me!  But I've not gone by the name "Rick" since, oh, before you were born.

Lisa: Then the SDF-1 DOES belong to you.

Can't remember ever owning a Super-Dimension Fortress.... most curious.

(distant howling)

We must go.  The Zentraedi are easily frightened, but they'll be back.  And in greater numbers.

-Sin City - former Robotech Master

Has CONAN been cast? (Article) - 6/19/2009 4:45:38 PM

How about Jay Leno?  He's available....

;)

INDY V Has Begun (Article) - 6/19/2009 4:41:17 PM

I figure Indy 5 will be at least on par with Last Crusade.

Remember:

Indy 1: rocked

Indy 2: lame

Indy 3: rocked because they knew they better not screw it up again!

Indy 4: lame

Hopefully they know they better not screw up again if they do Indy 5.

Of course, Lucas managed to screw up an entire trilogy of movies that should've rocked, so I dunno....

FUTURAMA is Back! (Article) - 6/15/2009 3:16:49 PM

Xzane - LOL that's the first thing I thought as well.  Never happen tho.... unfortunately!

ROY ROGERS Trilogy Coming (Article) - 6/15/2009 3:02:31 PM

Yea, I agree with the other posters.  This is kind of a funny and dated franchise.  Still, if done well, it might've worked, if not for that "family fantasy adventure" thing....

Weaver Joining PAUL (Article) - 6/5/2009 2:10:58 PM

Wait... is this a sequel?  No.... no... wait I got it!  It's a remake!

It's an original idea?

Must be made in Canada.   ;)

SINCITY'S MANIACAL PERSONA