All Squid's Comments

Mania Review: The Watch (Article) - 8/3/2012 11:19:43 AM

From the reviews of this film, I'll probably pass on it, which is a shame to me because it was shot in my neighborhood.  The CostCo building is in Norcross, GA off of Jimmy Carter.  (Abandoned big box store)  The neighborhood is Dunwoody, GA just off of Vermak Road and the farm is at the same location.  I just wanted to see it to watch where I live up on the big screen.

AnnaReynolds (Profile) - 7/1/2012 8:15:05 PM

For someone who says you are a writer, you don't do it will.  "And I full-blown in writing"?

Seriously, you're just another spambot.

Transformers: The Ride (Article) - 5/22/2012 3:05:27 PM

I've always said that Mania/Cinescape could use a regular column covering theme parks, epsecially rides such as this bring various brands/IPs into theme parks.

There's a lot of crossover:

Star Wars

Indiana Jones

Transformers

Marvel/DC superheroes

Jaws

E.T.

Men In Black

Harry Potter

That's just off the top of my head... all of which are in a theme park but not owned by the theme park company.

Abrams Revolution to NBC (Article) - 5/9/2012 3:01:44 PM

You mean....

"No phone, no lights, no motorcars, not a single luxury.  Like Robinson Cruesoe, it's primitative as can be."

Not exactly an original idea, but in writing/storytelling, there really AREN'T any original ideas.  What matters is the presentation, not the hook.

Geek Life: Slave Leia is Dead (Article) - 11/2/2011 3:15:46 PM

When I attended DragonCon this past year, I saw one Slave Leia when I used to see dozens.  The costuming fad for this is now over.

I don't hate the costume nor the people wearing it... I'm just sick and tired of seeing it at every convention I go to.  I had a similar issue when, several years ago, I attended a costume contest where there were three different Rocky groups, back to back to back, singing Time Warp.  The next group was another Rocky group, but they did a different song.  After that, I tracked down all the groups and told them that this was ridiculous.  Do a different song, please, for the gods sake!  Coordinate, something, just don't follow the herd.

So, yea, ladies, please, while we love looking at you in these costumes, there are other costumes out there and characters that we would love to see.

MIRKWOOD Movie Coming? (Article) - 8/16/2011 1:44:09 PM

So, for those who say the author is a hack... is Alan Moore a hack for League of Extrodinary Gentlemen?  Is Robert Downey a hack for Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows?  Is Star Trek: The Next Generation all hackery?

Where do you draw the line?

PIRANHA 3DD Cast Locked In (Article) - 4/26/2011 1:19:45 PM

As a note... they'll need some sort of justification for how the fish get around.  Waterparks do not use one supply for water; they use multiple supplies for safety reasons.  In other words, there is no way for a fish to get from one attraction to another by normal means.

First CONAN Trailer Strikes (Article) - 3/12/2011 3:01:32 PM

Nope.  Didn't grab me, and the smoke was a very poor choice.  I was hopeful, but now I'm doubtful.  They missed on this teaser.  I will say they need an awesome soundtrack for this movie... I still listen to the original and it sells the films.

83rd Academy Award Nominations Are (Article) - 1/25/2011 4:39:36 PM

Okay... I have to bitch here.  Tron: Legacy wasn't nominated in the two catagories it really should have won.  No, not best film... best costume design and best score.  Daft Punk's soundtrack is the best I've heard in decades and the costumes were a revolutionary design that had never even been attempted before, much less put to such good effect.  This is another year that Oscar ignores deserving films... shame on them.

Pete Postlethwaite Passes Away (Article) - 1/3/2011 10:44:43 PM

Mr. Postlethwaite, you will be sorely missed.  You are one of my favorite actors and I though of you whenever I was writing... what character would you be?  Your body of work is incredible.  Thank you for all you have done.  Rest, now, for the undiscovered country awaits you.

SQUID'S MANIACAL PERSONA