All Squid's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

WALKING DEAD - 1.1 - "Days Gone Bye" Review (Article) - 11/1/2010 6:12:50 PM

A couple of things I have to say.... I don't have AMC!  This sucks, because my cars were used in one of the episodes.  (If you really want to know, child zombie at gas station... she walks by both of them in the shot.  They were featured prominently.)  I also want to give kudos to my extras friends, who were the zombies for this series.  They endured hell for the entire season... 100 degree heat in heavy makeup, latex, and costumes so this show could be made for your viewing pleasure.  From what I've heard from my friends who saw the show, they did an incredible job.  Anyway, I hope everyone enjoyed it.

5 Worst Cartoons Based on Adult Sources (Article) - 9/1/2010 1:46:09 PM

No mention of James Bond Jr.?  That show blew... even the animation quality was crud.  You could count individual frames as they were shown.

PIRANHA 3D Movie Review (Article) - 8/22/2010 2:17:35 PM

Violator, you saw a trailer for Piranha 3D on Toy Story 3?  That's a projectionist not doing their job, or looking to get fired.  Wow.

Star Wars: Last Tour to Endor and Cosplay (Article) - 8/18/2010 3:23:04 PM

The reimagineered Star Tours is going to be very interesting.  3D screens, 4D effects in the cabin, and a unique ride film every time you ride (or, at least the vast majority of the time!)  The timeline of the "tour" will be inbetween the two trilogies and rumor has it you will not see Bespin, Alderran, or Endor in the ride.

The ride film is supposed to be divided into three parts... beginning, middle, and end.  Each part has several different versions and the computer will pick one version from each part to make a whole ride film.  So, let's assume there's five different films for each part... that's 125 different variations of the film you could see, each with their own in cabin effects.

Hopefully the Starspeeders will be upgraded as well, making the ride smoother.  The queue is expected to have new dialogue and possibly some new effects and characters added to it as well.  There has been no word on what the outside of the building will look like when it reopens.

Brooklyn Decker Boards Battleship (Article) - 8/18/2010 3:02:51 PM

It is secretly the long awaited American live action version of Star Blazers!  Hey, I can hope, can't I?

10 Great Toys to Honor Actors on Memorial Day (Article) - 5/28/2010 11:58:44 PM

Just a note... if you're going to honor a Star Trek actor on Memorial Day, James Doohan should be one of them.  He was a Canadian military veteran who stormed the beaches of Normandy on D-Day and was shot six times for his effort by a nervous friendly sentry.

All of the actors mentioned above, plus many more, will be missed.

Comics You May Have Missed: the road to god knows%u2026 (Article) - 12/3/2009 9:28:56 AM

I felt that I had to comment on this...

My brother is a paranoid schizophrenic with delusions.  When I was growing up, our family life revolved around him; keeping him happy and calm, keeping him entertained, giving in to his demands.  A lot of my life was pushed aside for him.  To this day this trend continues.

For those who are curious about this type of disease, I highly recommend seeing "A Beautiful Mind." starring Russel Crowe.  And as a point of reference... my brother's disease is worse than the one depicted in that movie.

The life of family members who have a close relative who is mentally ill is a very tough one.  The disease, due to the way it functions, affects the lives of everyone around them for the worse.  You are afraid all the time, afraid that something will set off their delusions and put your own life in danger, or the lives of those you love.  You build a wall around yourself and your feelings, just to protect yourself from harm.  You retreat into any sort of fantasy world you can find... sci fi, fantasy, wrestling, movies, sports, comics, religion, anything to take your mind off of what your own life is like.

For the most part there is no hope that the person who has the disease will get better.  There are rare cases of people going into spontaneous remission with schizophrenia.  Some of the afflicted find ways to cope or work around their disease, but for the most part it's drugs or self treatment with drugs, such as alcohol or illegal drugs.

So the next time you hear about someone with schizophrenia, remember that there are a lot of people out there who are suffering because of the disease... those that love the ones who are afflicted.

Squid

Peter Iliff Writing GLADIATORS (Article) - 11/20/2009 10:50:04 PM

^SPAMBOT!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Article) - 11/14/2009 1:39:02 AM

Just a note on the review... you aren't playing two characters named "Roach"  You actually play 4 characters through the single player.  If I remember correctly, Roach is in Brazil when it all goes down.

Squid

Unspecified Title (Article) - 10/17/2009 10:24:40 PM

They're still selling Indulgences?  I thought the Church abolished that practice centuries ago.

SQUID'S MANIACAL PERSONA