All Squid's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

5 Things Hollywood Thinks Computers Can Do (Article) - 6/20/2009 10:32:47 PM

Just a minor point... YOU SHOWED THIS ARTICLE ALREADY... late last year, if I remember correctly.  Come on, if you're going to cracked.com for articles, at least get us ones you haven't used already.

FALLOUT 3 DLC Achievements (Article) - 1/26/2009 4:01:38 PM

Scriber, you'll be able to download the content as well.  It's for both Xbox 360 and PC... not to mention the PC exclusive G.E.C.K., otherwise known as the level editor.

Judge says Merry Christmas to Fox in WATCHMEN suit (Article) - 12/26/2008 1:01:29 PM

<p>&nbsp;Yep, just found the article. &nbsp;That is sad... she was a fine lady. &nbsp;I'm surprised that her passing didn't make more noise than it did.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>Squid</p>

Judge says Merry Christmas to Fox in WATCHMEN suit (Article) - 12/25/2008 6:52:28 PM

<p>Hanso, I&nbsp;can't find any reference to Eartha Kitt dying, with the sole exception of wikipedia... not even her official website.</p> <p>Considering I&nbsp;don't know the legal side of this deal, I'll refrain from making a very poor uneducated guess as to who's right or wrong. &nbsp;But I&nbsp;do think it's sour grapes on Fox's side.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>Squid&nbsp;</p>

BOX OFFICE- Fox Tops Box Office While THE EARTH STOOD STILL (Article) - 12/14/2008 3:23:43 PM

<p>I thought the film was decent. &nbsp;Story and effects were good, but for some reason, I couldn't find myself drawn into it like I&nbsp;did with the original. &nbsp;I also thought that the film was less preachy than the original... less sermonizing at the end of the film, less &quot;We're going to kill you because you're violent.&quot; &nbsp;(Always found that to be hypocritical of them.) &nbsp;The remake shows the aliens aren't perfect, either.&nbsp;</p>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 11/1/2008 3:19:31 PM

<p>I have always read and heard that Brandon was killed by a blank fired at close range.&nbsp; I've never heard that it was a bullet, hence my statement.&nbsp; Of course, I could be wrong... I haven't read anything about that case in years, so there could have been developments that I hadn't heard about.&nbsp; I'll look it up soon.</p> <p>I try and think rationally, as best I can.&nbsp; When I was younger, I was involved in a cult, and it did a lot of damage to me and my relationships.&nbsp; I found my way out of it by rational thinking and skepticism, so when I see someone pushing irrationality, I remember my experiences and point out the inconsisticies in their statments.&nbsp; It's very, very easy to slide back into irrational though, and comforting... but it's a lie.&nbsp; A lie that hurts you and others.</p> <p>So, be careful out there.</p>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 11/1/2008 1:03:21 AM

<p>Um... Brandon Lee wasn't shot by a bullet, he was shot by a blank, which at close range can kill.&nbsp; There is no ghost in Three Men and a Baby, it was a cardboard cutout used for adjusting lighting that was accidentally left in view of the camera.&nbsp; And what the heck does &quot;Helter Skelter&quot; have to do with a curse?</p> <p>&quot;Albet 8 years after filming?&quot;&nbsp; Wow... if you can use <em>that</em> sort of reasoning, then <em>any </em>film can qualify!&nbsp; Just wait until everyone involved is dead, then claim a curse!&nbsp; <em>Gone With The Wind, The Maltese Falcon, It's a Wonderful Life...</em> they all qualify, for most of the people involved in them, if not all of them, are all dead now.</p> <p>Superman Curse?&nbsp; What about Dean Cain?&nbsp; He's still doing fine.&nbsp; Teri Hatcher?&nbsp; Ditto.&nbsp; Smallville? &nbsp;Tom Welling?&nbsp; He's fine as well.&nbsp; Shall I go on?</p> <p>Dying of lung cancer without smoking?&nbsp; Sure, happens all the time, it's not unusual.&nbsp; Planes are often struck by lightning... they're designed to take lightning strikes.&nbsp; It's a common occurence.&nbsp; Peck cancelled his seat on a flight that later crashed.&nbsp; So what?&nbsp; If he had been on it, you would have said it was more evidence of a curse!&nbsp; You can't have it both ways, people...</p> <p>All types of movie productions have their share of odd coincidences.&nbsp; After all, there's a lot of people working long hours over a period of weeks to years.&nbsp; That's a lot of chances for something to happen.&nbsp; For that matter, how many accidents have you had in your life?&nbsp; Dozens?&nbsp; Hundreds? &nbsp;Thousands?&nbsp; Does that mean you're cursed?</p> <p>Frankly, if you go looking for something, you can find evidence to prove your claim, because you're making anything out there fit the bill.&nbsp; And since you're not defining what exactly a &quot;curse&quot; is, anything you find can support your claim.</p> <p>Think rationally, people....</p> <p>Squid</p>

DVD Shopping Bag: Facing the Faces of Death (Article) - 10/7/2008 8:54:15 AM

Um... hate to break it to you, but the Faces of Death series is fake. All of it. That particular 'revelation' came out earlier this year, if my memory serves me correctly. It was revealed by the director and producer as all scenes were faked in some way. There were no deaths caught on tape. Sorry! Squid

Disney Confirms CARS 2 for Summer 2011 (Article) - 9/25/2008 6:38:00 PM

Cars 2 has been planned from just after the first one came out. Yes, I'd much rather see a sequel to Incredibles, (or, for that matter, Monsters, Inc.) but in this case I'll take what I can get. Considering that they will have been working on it for over 4 years, I'm not too worried that it's going to suck. Btw, rumor says it will be set on the Formula One circuit in France.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 1/4/2008 11:26:53 PM

I need to add one thing on this.... Ghostbuster III is being made at this moment... sort of. The reason that Akroyd and the others have said that they're won't be a movie sequel is that it's going to be a video game. The game is being written by Akroyd and Ramis, all of the original cast is returning, (including Annie Pots and Ernie Hudson,) and the game will be for all platforms. The game will be coming out for PC, Wii, PS3, PS2, Xbox 360, and maybe even the handhelds. (The PS2 and Will will have different versions of the game from the PS3 & Xbox because of technical limitations of the respective systems.) From what's been bandied about, the game is basically the third movie script... they're even talking about calling the game Ghostbusters III. As for why it isn't being made as a movie... Akroyd said that it's basically due to the age of the actors. They don't think that we want to see them reprise their roles with them in their late 50s. (The game will take place in the early '90s, btw.) I'd love to see them take up the roles again, but if they feel they can't physically handle the roles, then I must respect their wishes.

SQUID'S MANIACAL PERSONA