All StellaMaris's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/25/2009 6:20:00 AM

Isn't it ironic that all our discussions end up citing alcohol references? And this time it wasn't even ME!

I kinda like the Tarantino idea... but I still think David Lynch would nail it. Especially with the ever-yummy Kyle Maclachlan playing Langdon...

StellaMaris (Profile) - 5/14/2009 1:43:32 AM

Hi Starlight... I still don't understand how this blasted website works - I always forget to check in here.

Are these posts public or can they only be read by my "friends"?

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/8/2009 4:08:55 PM

Hi Michael... I've only just seen your comment... I would definitely like a review copy of the DVD, I'll track you down!

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/8/2009 4:03:36 PM

Someone who plants trees and facilitates the liberation of stone circles!

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/4/2009 1:07:00 AM

Well, hopefully Arthur will be able to set up some kind of dialogue.

Apparently no one chucked him out yesterday... this weekend is a Bank Holiday weekend in the UK, so no one will be at work until Tuesday now.

I guess we'll find out what happens then...

Unspecified Title (Article) - 4/29/2009 12:01:48 AM

It's been pointed out to me that Mark Rylance is actually a supporter of the theory that Bacon wrote the plays attributed to Shakespeare, not de Vere as I stated above. So, it looks as though the Bacon theory is gaining momentum.

Here is a fascinating interview with Rylance where he explains his position in his own words. He also elucidates upon the hermetic and alchemical undercurrents that he feels are incorporated into the plays, in the manner that I was alluding to:-

I think I'm going to try to track Rylance down, he sounds intriguing...

Unspecified Title (Article) - 4/27/2009 12:41:38 AM

Thanks for this, Guillaume. I heard the next day... I had a feeling when I wrote the above that we wouldn't have very long.

The genre will be poorer for his passing. His work had a profound influence on a lot of us.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 4/27/2009 12:15:47 AM

I wasn't convinced, either, at first... but the more I look into it, the more intrigued I become. There were several PhDs at the lecture I went to.

And during the recent Globe celebrations, both Sir Derek Jacobi and Mark Rylance came out and publicly declared that Edward de Vere was the real author of Shakespeare's plays, so the games are going to begin. As the former artistic director of Shakespeare's Globe here in London, Mark Ryland is no slouch.

Several papers ran the story, here's one:-

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23679831-details/Shakespeare did not write his own plays, claims Sir Derek Jacobi/article.do

As for the codes themselves, on the surface level, they consist of choosing the first letter of each sentence so that messages can be read vertically down the page. Curiously, the Elizabethan magician John Dee also used this device in some of his letters.

Or, in some cases, there were very intriguing groupings of letters around the first letter of the opening sentence.

The others are more complicated... based around what the French call The Language of the Birds.

LOST SYMBOL for Dan Brown (Article) - 4/26/2009 7:39:22 AM

Hi, I'm back. Apprentice Archangel Hobbs... The Knights of the Crown is an academic encyclopedia of all the Monarchical Orders set up in Europe from 1325-1520. It's an absolutely essential resource if you're investigating faux chivalric orders, as it allows you to tell at a glance where any fabrications that deviate from historically documented facts are.

I have a hardback copy which cost approx $100, so I wouldn't recommend anyone to fork out that much (even the paperback copies are expensive) unless you are as sad as I am. But, I use it as a reference for my writing a lot, so it was worth it for me.

Starlight - I haven't read The Historian, it looks interesting. The book I have on Dracula is called In Search of Dracula: The History of Dracula and Vampires (Completely Revised) by Raymond T. McNally and Radu Florescu, two Boston College professors who are recognised authorities.

Somebody very kindly gave it to me when I was preparing to visit Transylvania on a research trip, but I never made it.

It's been great chatting with you... if I don't reply for some reason, it's because I get busy and don't always check all the Mania sections, so you might have to flag me down. You can always find me here, in my own little Universe:-

LOST SYMBOL for Dan Brown (Article) - 4/24/2009 1:09:05 PM

Depends on your books. I use the bible of chivalric orders, The Knights of the Crown by D'A.J.D. Boulton:-

There IS an Order of the Dragon, or Dragon Order, but that's a can of worms...

And you'd HATE being married to me... try to imagine a REALLY obnoxious version of Hermione from Harry Potter combined with Edie from Absolutely Fabulous... pretty scary, eh?

STELLAMARIS'S MANIACAL PERSONA