All SteveFox's Comments

1 2 3 >  >>

EW's AVENGERS Cover Preview (Article) - 9/29/2011 9:47:50 AM

That's not a special cover for EW.  It's a photoshop nightmare.  Why the hell did they use a pic of Thor staring at a passing bird?

New Green Lantern Photos Appear (Article) - 4/21/2011 10:24:14 AM

I know it's human nature to be very harsh to work done by an unseen hand (artists, not God), but I would encourage people that are looking at design work for movies to consider the 100s of hours of work you're trashing with very limited knowledge on the subject.

The effects on this movie look amazing.  Anyone that doesn't see that is inexperienced in art, design, & specifically effects.

They're really busting tail to deliver something beautiful and original.

Lost the Last Candidate Review (Article) - 5/5/2010 8:56:18 AM

You guys are smoking your underwear.  This episode was the slowest, least interesting, most convoluted crapwad of the season.  I'm really sick of "Locke the invincible."  It's an obnoxious ploy to pretend that Smoke Locke could manipulate all the main characters into going to the sub, and then INTENTIONALLY get forced off it by Sawyer's plan.  The only redemption was a perfect end to Sun and Jin.  LOST relies way too much on "setup" episodes.  An inability to do interesting setup is a sign of a poor writer.

Steve Grade: bleh.

Rumor: PERCY for SPIDER-MAN? (Article) - 2/5/2010 8:18:17 AM

In regard to the possible inconsistencies within the Iron Man, Hulk movies...who gives a shit?

I mean, I hate to be so harsh, but over-thinking that kind of silly crap is what's destroyed DC over and over the last several decades.  Don't get me wrong, sloppy is sloppy but these tiny deals were put in there for silly fun to begin with.

Brolin talks JONAH HEX (Article) - 12/10/2009 9:45:21 AM

Hobbs, baaaaa-by.

You know how your friends have been asking you "What the hell does 'First Avenger' mean?"

That's the whole point man.  They posters will have "First Avenger" in a superscript style placement.  By using the phrase though, they attach a lesser known property to one of their best known properties.

All summer movie goers are going to se Cap.  With the name the way it is, they'll also learn why they should give a fig about the "Avengers" film coming.  It's smarter than it sounds.

SMALLVILLE - 9.9 - "Pandora" (Article) - 11/5/2009 10:55:53 AM

Smallville is an awful, awful show.

BATMAN #688 Review (Article) - 7/14/2009 7:25:36 AM

Hey man!

Gotta agree/disagree.  One question though?  WHAT THE HELL is Tony Daniel doing drawing a cover for a Mark Bagley book!? Tony is a swell artist, but the first page is lightyears ahead of anything Daniel has ever drawn.

I agree that Jud Winick is a lame writer.  NOTHING will ever allow me to forgive his idiotic resurrection of Jason Todd.  Beyond that, he's yet another celebrity that's occupying a dream job spot for someone that would love, and be great at writing comics.

Mark Bagley, however, is one of the strongest action artists in the world.  His drawings have energy, composition, and power.  If you don't dig his work I understand, but it's not because he's not good enough.  HE'S FUCKING AWESOME.  For me, Barry Windsor Smith is a guy that's amazing, but not my taste.

Anyway, my point is that Bags can hang with Frank Quitely and all the others.  He kills Daniel though (no offense Tony.)

Unspecified Title (Article) - 4/9/2009 10:03:50 AM

This issue was MEDIOCRE.  The big event of the story has already happened in some other disappointing "event."  Barry should have returned in the Flash book, not some overblown mega-event with 2,1987 other "YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!" selling points.

Wally was a great Flash.  This is just an excuse for another GL-style reboot.  Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with Barry being back.  My problem is holding 32 pages of story that could/should/(would have in the eighties) have been executed in 8.

This style of storytelling is poorly paced, and takes a pre-existing love of Barry for granted.  You know the problem with that?  This generation doesn't know/give 2 shits about Barry!  Wally isn't like Kyle.  HE FIT THE ROLE.  He was a well developed character that no one saw as unworthy or unlikable.

Peter David is to Hulk as Mark Waid is to Flash.

Everyone else, back the fuck off.

Writer's Worth Their Salt (Blog Post) - 2/17/2009 2:24:57 PM

Dixon/Weiringo....Robin

Dixon/Woods.........Robin

Dixon/McDaniel....Nightwing

Byrne/Byrne..........Superman

Nicieza/Bagley.....New Warriors

Michelinie/McFarlane...Amazing Spider-man

Fox/Fox.................Nightwing (Not out yet...but give me a couple of years...:D)

robbo (Profile) - 2/4/2009 7:03:33 AM

Hey Robbo!  I'm sure you've been made aware, but just in case you haven't:  www.comics2film.com is no longer forwarding traffic to this site.  It just displays a message about C2F coming back online soon.

Have a good one!