All SteveVortex's Comments

Clarke Duncan Voices Kilowog in GL (Article) - 4/14/2011 7:34:43 AM

I think Duncan is absolutely perfect casting for Kilowog!  None of the previous voices for the character really did it for me. Haysbert's voice lacked the edge that Wog needed.  He came off as dopey to me. And Madson was alright I suppose, but definitely not deep enough.

Duncan will be great I think.  I like how they are saving Kilowog, showing us very limited shots of him in the trailers.  He's going to be a fan favorite I bet...

Spider-Man Joins The FF (Article) - 3/18/2011 7:06:53 AM

Ok, I haven't read Marvel since right before Secret Invasion stuff... also I've never been a big F4 fan so maybe I have no right to complain here.

However... I am absolutely APAULED at those costumes.  I can honestly say that they are some of the worst designed and ugliest super hero costumes that I have ever seen.  The white, the honey comb symbols, everything.  Spidey looks kind of neat I suppose, but the others... wow.  Just wow.  It looks like they are ready to be digitized for a crazy adventure in CYBER SPACE!  They were going for different... well they most definitely succeeded in that at least.

Besides, shouldn't they be wearing BLACK to mourn the Torch?  A black color scheme would be perfect!

And I agree with you John, why is it always either Spidey or Wolverine that gets added to books to supposedly "draw in readers"?  There are so many other characters they could choose that would draw people in.  They should have replaced him with another elemental hero.  Iceman would have been a really interesting choice I think... of course he could be dead now for all I know.

WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN 1.16 - "Backlash" Review (Article) - 9/1/2009 11:58:47 AM

This show rules, I love it so much.  It consistantly outperforms the often akward 90's series with every single episode. Keep em coming guys!  No more breaks!

5 Comic Vampires That Kick TWILIGHT's Ass (Article) - 8/13/2009 6:14:25 AM

You say this artcile is so boring that it put you to sleep, but you posted not one but TWO huge posts about it?

You know what? You sound like a Twilight fan that needs to lighten up.

I thought this article was HILARIOUS!!!! I am just surprised it didn't have Vampirella in it!

Russian Accent Woes in IRON MAN 2 (Article) - 7/22/2009 10:00:42 AM

I agree 100% with JSM.  2's tend to be great, 3's are where film makers tend to get cocky and the half assing begins.  Hopefully that won't happen with Iron Man 3.  I do trust Favs and Downey quite a bit though.

And hopefully they are saving the Mandarin for the final installment and we'll have a movie with Rhodes taking over as Iron Man (or War Machine if they wanna just do that) while Stark spirals into Alchaholism.  Remember Faves said they were saving the Demon in a Bottle stuff for later, they wanted Stark to be likeable first.  Which is smart I think, because we'll actually care about him more later.

4 Must Have SPIDER-MAN 4 Villains and Who Should Play Them (Article) - 7/16/2009 1:54:08 PM

I have been saying the EXACT SAME THING about Bruce Campbell being Myesterio all along, for 2 years now!

YES! DO IT!!!!

GREEN LANTERN's Final Three? (Article) - 7/10/2009 12:25:15 PM

Did I really just read "What's with all the Timber-hate?"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???  It has nothing to do with his acting ability and EVERYTHING to do with being a HORRIBLE fit for the role!

Timberlake is a man boy.  He is tiny and sounds like he is 11.  He has no business being a super hero.  Hal Jordan is a man's man, a hero among hero's, the GREATEST GREEN LANTERN TO EVER LIVE.  Timberlake is more of a, er I dunno, a Jimmy Olsen or MAYBE a Speedy or a Kid Flash but NEVER a Hal Jordan.

GREEN LANTERN's Final Three? (Article) - 7/10/2009 12:23:47 PM

Did I really just read "What's with all the Timber-hate?"

GREEN LANTERN's Final Three? (Article) - 7/10/2009 11:34:24 AM

Out of that list, it better be Cooper.

I am beyond excited for this movie and if they think Justin frigging Timberlake is HAL JORDAN material, then they have never read a Green Lantern comic... and the movie will probably suck anyway.

Reynolds is Deadpool end of story.

ANT MAN is next, says Wright (Article) - 7/9/2009 6:01:59 AM

Personally, I don't think Ant Man deserves his own franchise.  However, if they are going to do it, I think they need to introduce Hank Pym (in a small role) in the Avengers movie first.  THEN maybe Ant man can branch out and support his own movie.

Then in the Iron Man 3 they need to introduce Hawkeye so he can be in Avengers 2 (yeah right!)

STEVEVORTEX'S MANIACAL PERSONA