All TALIS's Comments

Mania Box Office Report: Thor Repeats (Article) - 11/18/2013 6:31:38 PM

Star trek into darkness still my favorite this year.

Clip: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The Hub (Article) - 11/13/2013 11:23:25 AM

I am a fan of the avengers and of the marvel movies.... so I was excited to see this. But after watching 5 episodes, i'm sorry to say but this show is horrible. And honestly, I don't think I was expecting anything in particular, just a good tv show with some cool marvel tie ins. This feels more like a paranormal cop show. There is no drama, the comedy doesn't make me laugh. And some of the accents are so thick that I don't always follow what they are saying. I think this was targeting college or high school age which is totally fine, but I can't imagine that it will continue on a prime time spot. The older crowd likes modern family level humor and drama that actually feels like drama. I have yet to find one character interesting after 5 episodes. Sadly the only reason I like Clark Gregg's character is because I was more attached to his portrayal of agent Coulson in the movies than I am of the one in this show.  I have the show dvr'd but i'm not sure I can take much more. I wish that were not the case cause I was rooting for it.

Episode VII Release Date (Article) - 11/10/2013 11:36:00 PM

Axiaaa.... All those things you wrote were also said about the Phantom menace.

Mania Review: Thor: The Dark World (Article) - 11/10/2013 11:16:50 PM

I know about Norse mythology but am not familiar with comic book lore. Who is this Kurse and why did he own Thor so easily when in the prologue army infantry were killing guys like him who were "cursed"?  I'm surprised no one has given their 2 cents about my earlier post on page 4.

Mania Review: Thor: The Dark World (Article) - 11/9/2013 6:14:57 PM

Drmanhatten..... The car was floating.

Hanso..... Loki faked his death. The bigger question is what are we to believe has happened with Odin? The all seeing all father doesn't know what Loki is up to and doesn't find it odd that Thor has left for earth without the conversation we saw with Loki pretending to be Odin?  I get they need him to be on earth for avengers 2 but Loki speaking as Odin muddied the waters a bit imho.

The other issue I have is how they have conceptualize asguard. The elves storm the castle with laser rifles and the asguardians fight back with swords.... In the first Thor we see them riding around on horses. Yet here we see they have laser cannons and essentially spacecraft with lasers and missiles. Which is it? Swords and horses or lasers and flying craft?

Otherwise I enjoyed it. Not as good as the first. But enjoyable.

10 Most Realistic Sci-Fi Movies (Article) - 10/3/2013 5:12:29 PM

Well since no one else has said it..... what about The Matrix?

Gods of Egypt Casting (Article) - 9/27/2013 11:56:32 AM

We've had greek mythology done in clash of the titans and norse mythology done in thor, since they both made money something along these lines was bound to happen.

Disney and Bruckheimer Part Ways (Article) - 9/20/2013 11:54:48 PM

Disney will buy hasbro next you watch.

Fifth Element Sequel? (Article) - 9/15/2013 12:42:47 AM

Sarcastic.... ya still scratching my head on that one, why no one has looked into it.  Could be really well done and interesting.

Fifth Element Sequel? (Article) - 9/14/2013 3:15:19 PM

I would rather see a remake of Krull.

TALIS'S MANIACAL PERSONA