All TKay42one's Comments

TERMINATOR Rights on Sale (Article) - 11/8/2009 5:54:06 PM

In your "natural" flow of time, if Sarah had sex with Mystery Man #1, he wouldn't be the John Connor that Skynet sent terminators back in time to kill, plain and simple.  If your mom had sex with someone else, you wouldn't be you, plain and simple.  In your "natural" flow of time, John Conner as everybody knows him wouldn't have existed, plain and simple.  It's your classic chicken or the egg argument here.  The person that Skynet was trying to kill was the son of Kyle Reese, plain and simple.  He wouldn't have existed if Kyle Reese hadn't gone back in time to protect Sarah, plain and simple.

TERMINATOR Rights on Sale (Article) - 11/7/2009 5:14:00 PM

Why do you have to be such a douche, jedi?  "I await your brilliantly thought out answer."?  Go f*ck yourself and the horse you rode in on...unless said horse is your mom, in which case let her know my d*ck isn't sucking itself.  You're not even being a douche about something worthwhile, you're being a douche about FICTIONAL time travel.  Paradoxes and contradictions have gone hand in hand with time travel stories ever since time travel stories were thought of.  In "The Time Machine" (the 2002 version with Guy Pearce) he wasn't able to stop his girl from dying because he invented the time machine BECAUSE she died.  If she hadn't died, he would never have invented it in the first place, so she had to die for the time machine to exist.  Skynet doesn't exist because of John Conner...John Conner exists because of Skynet.  In the attempt to end his very existance, they ensured it because his own father was sent back to protect Sarah Conner.  Okay, and why not, let's say that in the "natural" flow of time, John Conner never existed...my other point was that somebody would have become the figure that the resistance looks to for leadership.  Skynet would STILL send back terminators to kill whoever would lead the resistance.  NOTICE - I was a d*ck at the beginning of my post, NOT during my arguments, and at NO time, do I use a ridiculous overabundance of exclamation marks.  DON'T BE A DOUCHE.

TERMINATOR Rights on Sale (Article) - 11/7/2009 2:01:32 PM

You people here really don't watch enough real sci fi to be arguing this much about time travel and John Conner's father.  What we call this kind of thing is a time paradox affecting destiny.  The bottom line is that John Connor wouldn't have existed had Reese not been sent back in time to protect Sarah from the first Terminator.  There was no hooking up with another guy that would have been John's original father.  John just wouldn't have existed.  However, I don't believe John Connor is THE ONLY savior for humanity.  Those of you out there that do watch enough sci fi also know that "Nature abhors a vaccuum", so somebody at some time would have risen up to fill the non existant shoes that a non existant John Connor didn't leave there had Reese not diddled his mom.  So quit looking for the mystery shadow figure that you think is John Conner's "other" daddy.

Three Circling YOGI BEAR (Article) - 11/6/2009 1:53:17 AM

Wow.

2 More Join RED (Article) - 11/5/2009 3:45:28 PM

I also think that Nicholas Cage wasn't that great in the movie.  He's a weird actor, IMO...he's either REALLY great, or REALLY terrible, depending on the movie.  I like him pretty well when he's doing dramatic work, but I usually hate his action movie characters.

2 More Join RED (Article) - 11/5/2009 10:44:29 AM

Still afraid of giving a comic book movie an R rating...I guess I can kind of understand though...it's not like Ghost Rider usually has the kind of popularity that X-men or Batman has, so I guess they'd want to make the movie accessible to as many people as possible.  And I'm not one of these people who thinks that some comic book movies SHOULD be R...R for the sake of being R is just retarded to me...make your movie and let the ratings fall where they may...anyway, the only reason I wouldn't mind seeing an R rated Ghost Rider is because you don't usually see boobs in PG-13 horror movies!

Sony Playing RISK (Article) - 11/5/2009 10:36:10 AM

LOL...monkeyfoot and trollman, you guys referencing the Robot Chicken skit?  If so, I can't wait for the Slip N' Slide movie.

"Does the world need another Ben Stiller/Owen Wilson movie?  The answer is an emphatic...YES...yes, yes, yes, and MORE yes." -- Michael Ian Black from Robot Chicken episode "1987"

5 Rules for a Spider-Man Reboot (Article) - 11/4/2009 2:51:48 PM

Yeah, I thought they should have kept Two Face alive also...kind of burned through two of the best Batman villains ever there.

5 Rules for a Spider-Man Reboot (Article) - 11/4/2009 2:42:26 PM

On the topic of killing villains at the end of superhero movies, does anybody find it ironic that The Joker lived at the end of The Dark Knight?

TV Wasteland: Vivacious Visitors Eviscerate Very Viciously (Article) - 11/4/2009 2:40:57 PM

I liked the first episode well enough, but I thought it seemed kind of rushed...like they're trying to get the entire plot of the series into the first episode.

TKAY42ONE'S MANIACAL PERSONA