All TheFuzzyDan's Comments

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: Monsters: The Complete Series (Article) - 3/19/2014 5:47:13 AM

The problem with TV series from the later 80's through most of the 90s is that while many were shot on film they were for the most part edited on video.  It was cheaper and no studio could have predicted at that time HD would exist. That's why when DVDs or Blu Rays are made from those series they are being taken from the only edited masters in existance, the videotape. Even Star Trek: The Next Generation was edited on video. It's fan-base is one of the few large enough to warrant the studio going back to the raw film stock and re-editing them from scratch for the Blu Ray releases (worth it, trust me). I'm just glad some series I enjoyed from that time were still edited on film and could be transfered in high-quality like Tales From the Crypt or The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: T.A.H.I.T.I. Review (Article) - 3/6/2014 11:08:52 AM

Lots of questions in this episode but the biggest for me is whether or not Coulson and his team are going to suffer any consequences for KILLING TWO S.H.I.E.L.D. AGENTS to save their own?  Did anyone else think they glossed over this just a wee bit too casually?

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: The Shadow (Article) - 2/25/2014 6:14:37 AM

Ha.  I too have a movie in my life I dragged my friends to they wouldn't let me live down (Halloween 6).  I also deserved their scorn.

The Shadow for me is like The Phantom.  It isn't bad so much as it is just...blah.  I give The Phantom the edge due to Billy Zane's enjoyable performance.

Darkman Collectors Edition Blu-ray Review (Article) - 2/19/2014 9:27:14 AM

Got it. Loved it. Deserves the A .

31 Days of Horror Movies: The Wolf Man (Article) - 10/16/2013 5:43:22 AM

Lon Chaney Jr. is the reason The Wolf Man is one of my favorite Universal Monster movies.  It's his "everyman" quality that really connects with a viewer and takes what could have been a silly, forgettable film and makes the audience feel how tragic the story really is.

NYCC 2013: Mattel Unleashes New Batman Figures! (Article) - 10/14/2013 6:30:10 AM

Kneel before Zod's action figure!

Top 10 John Carpenter Films (Article) - 10/3/2013 10:37:24 AM

I agree with #1 & 2 but would have put The Fog as #3.  That is the ultimate Carpenter triple feature (in my opinion).

31 Days of Horror Movies: Bubba Ho-Tep (Article) - 10/2/2013 6:54:10 AM

Love this film and I hope a prequel/sequel never comes out.  Some movies are best as stand-alone stories.

10 Best Live-Action Shows Based on Comic Books (Article) - 9/19/2013 10:31:34 AM

The Flash and Tales From the Crypt were must-watches from my high school days. Crypt may have aged better (good horror is timeless) but Flash is still quality superhero television.  And The Incredible Hulk IS the definition of a classic show.  Bill Bixby will always be the difinitive Dr. Banner (David or Bruce) to me.  As for leaving off Wonder Woman, I can see why even with the iconic performance of Lynda Carter.  The show wasn't very strong on its own merits.  Similarly, I think Nicholas Hammond was a great Peter Parker but that didn't make the Spider-Man TV series any better.

Great list.  Makes me want to tune into Hulu and watch me some Incredible Hulk.

The Summer of '83: Yor, The Hunter from the Future (Article) - 8/20/2013 10:37:29 AM

The only way this movie could have been any more awesome is if they spelled his name in reverse and called it "ROY: The Hunter From the Future"!

THEFUZZYDAN'S MANIACAL PERSONA