All TheFuzzyDan's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

Del Toro talks Dark Universe (Article) - 7/17/2013 12:09:14 PM

@CapAmerica04 - I was wondering the same thing.  I'd like to see a more faithful rendition of the character but I also like there to be continuity between the films.

I just want to see Swamp Thing done right on film with a high budget.

The Summer of '83: Superman III (Article) - 6/17/2013 5:44:57 AM

This movie doesn't just contain the shades of a great villain in Braniac but it also wastes the possibility of Bizarro.  As bad as this movie is everyone would still be talking to this day how awesome it was if the evil Superman had morphed into Bizarro for the junkyard fight.

The Summer of '83: Psycho II (Article) - 6/4/2013 5:29:41 AM

I actually discovered Psycho II before really being old enough to appreciate the craftmanship behind the Hitchcock original so my viewpoint may be skewed but I think Psycho II earns a place as a great thriller with a solid character-piece as its base.  As great as Perkins is in the original, I think this film is when he truly shines out of all the movies as Norman because he is really given the opportunity to expore the character beyond the trappings (as essential as they were) of the first film.  Psycho is a masterpiece without compare thanks to Hitchcock and a stellar cast, but Psycho II is one of the most rewatchable films I have ever seen and that is mostly due to the wonderful performance of Mr. Perkins.

Black Hole Remake has New Writer (Article) - 4/9/2013 7:06:02 AM

@mellowdoux - Zing!

I loved The Black Hole as a kid (saw it five times in the theater) and am still fond of it as an adult.  It was the dark tone of the film that hooked me and that tone is weaved perfectly through the visuals and music.  It definitely has its flaws (the special effects on DVD almost make it impossible to sit through some scenes) but I have always felt that this was an underrated gem.  That said, a remake would be most welcome by me as long as they keep the foreboding nature of the original.

Shock-O-Rama: Within the Woods (Article) - 4/3/2013 11:16:19 AM

I met Bruce Campbell at a book signing on Halloween of '01 and he announced then that Within the Woods was going to be an extra feature on the next DVD release.  I can't tell you how many hours I wasted searching the DVD for a hidden easter egg and scouring the internet for clues on how to find it.  I do remember though at that same book signing Bruce saying that Sam had re-mastered all the Super-8 films for he and his co-horts who made them but felt they were just too raw and un-polished for public consumption.  What a shame.

That being said, you can actually go to Josh Becker's website and order the Super-8 films he directed with Sam and Bruce on DVD.  They are probably much better quality than what you find online.  He also included the Super-8 film Stryker's War on the DVD/Blu Ray pack release of Thou Shalt Not Kill....Except.

YOUNG JUSTICE INVASION: THE FIX Review (Article) - 1/31/2013 12:41:11 PM

My wife's two favorite shows: Young Justice and Thundercats.  Guess how happy she is right now?

Comicscape: Superior Spider-Man, High Crimes, The Origin of He-Man (Article) - 1/31/2013 12:35:48 PM

Joel,

Bam! In one paragraph you summed up perfectly the disappointing elements of Superior Spider-Man.  It seems like such a waste of energy to everyone involved to do such a slap-dash job of what could be one of the most compelling storylines in Spidey's history: a bad-guy doing his best to make good and honor the hero he finally defeated.  Really, that isn't a storyline that comes along very often and the readers (even the ones crying foul over Peter's "death") could have been greatly rewarded.  Instead, it feels like Marvel got cold feet and injected Peter back into things and made the story more a comedy than the serious character study it could have been.  I'm giving it one more issue to turn things arp\ound or really surprise me before saying aloha.

From the Vault: Made for TV Horror Films (Article) - 1/27/2013 10:18:01 AM

You HAVE to include Dark Night of the Scarecrow in part two of this piece.  Hands down it is one of the best-made TV horror films.

Supernatural: We Need to Talk About Kevin Review (Article) - 10/5/2012 6:36:28 AM

Sorry, but the whole "brotherly conflict" crap has made this series grow so stale over the last several seasons that no amount of mosters or plot twists can make this show interesting anymore.  Series based on characters keeping secrets from each other in order to drive conflict are lazy and uninspired.  In five episodes, the show will shift from Dean being mad at Sam for quitting to Sam being mad at Dean for helping a monster and then it will reverse again and so on.  No episode of this show deserves more than a D rating unless they get rid of this tiresome soap-opera storytelling device.

From the Vault: Marvel Super Heroes (Article) - 9/24/2012 8:58:19 AM