All TheFuzzyDan's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

DC Comics Abandons Comics Code (Article) - 1/21/2011 6:48:10 AM

@Chris B

As a parent, I 100% agree with the feeling that there just isn't much out there for kids.  Your typical comic book store has a section devoted to kids comics and they take up 5% or less of the store's shelf space.  I am finding that as a parent I just have to be dilligent in what comics I expose my kids to.  They are both superhero fans so I feel I owe it to them to give them the same joy of reading about their favorite characters as I had when I was a kid.  The books are out there, you just have to find them.

13 Great Horror Films You May Not Have Heard Of (Article) - 10/22/2010 10:42:57 AM

You left off a classic horror film from 1981 that was just released on DVD called Dark Night of the Scarecrow.  This suspense film is shocking due to its building atmosphere of tension, its who-done-it qualities and most of all because it was the best made-for-TV horror film to ever be filmed.  This movie is a great example of how you can imply the most horrifying things without ever showing them...and the ending is a killer.  This is a must-own for horror fans.

13 Great Horror Films You May Not Have Heard Of (Article) - 10/22/2010 10:42:16 AM

San Diego Comic-Con 2010 Wrap-Up (Article) - 7/28/2010 6:50:04 AM

I am a Baptist (a bit lapsed) and I would have paid real money if someone at the con had dressed up like Super Christ and ran around those Westboro a**wipes yelling, "Up, up and away to the pearly gates of Krypton!"

Even the real Jesus would find that funny.

Raimi, Maguire off SPIDER-MAN 4! (Article) - 1/11/2010 6:13:43 PM

Seriously, does anyone want to see the origin over again?  This blows.

Succeeding in Comics without Success (Article) - 11/20/2009 6:58:12 AM

Amen, Kurt.  I've been creating comics since drawing them on notebook paper in the fourth grade and I'm not quitting until I'm dead.  While my artistic abilities with a pencil and pen have not improved much since grade school, I feel my writing justifies continuing down the "road of ruin", so to speak.

I have fantasized (and still do) about making comics my full-time occupation.  I too go to my nine-to-five office job and sometimes wonder where the hell my lofty dreams and goals went.  But as you said, the passion for creating burns those feelings away as I put pencil to paper.  I have no qualms about creating comics that only a handful of people will read.  Those same people are always eager to get them as soon as they come off the press and there is no better feeling in the world than that.

As far as cost, I have mentioned this company before but I shall do so again; Ka-Blam.com is one of the most inexpensive print-on-demand presses for comic you will ever find.  Their quality is top-notch and I would shout their praises to anyone who would like to see their work in professional print.  Had it not been for discovering them, I might have forgone printing my own books years ago.  There is nothing, NOTHING like seeing your work professionally printed.  It is a high like no other.

Regardless of how you do it, whether a hobby or career, follow your passions, people.  It makes life much more enjoyable.

THOR's Warriors Cast? (Maybe) (Article) - 11/17/2009 7:32:05 AM

While I have yet to read any negative comments about the Hawkman costume for myself, I have to say it looks like the guy stepped right off the comic pages and, cheezy or not, it's about damn time.  After all the modernization Smallville has done with Green Arrow, Aquaman, Cyborg, Impuse and so on, let's have a faithful rendition of a comic-book superhero.  This is made even better by the fact that it is a superhero rarely seen before in live-action.  Bring on Dr. Fate!

The 5 Comics Fans You Meet in Hell (Article) - 11/16/2009 9:39:32 AM

I met a true Marvel Zombie once.  It was a clerk at my local comic book shop who was railing aginst the recent (at the time) Brand New Day storyline where Spid..oh, hell, you all know about it.  Anyway, he talked this poor customer's ear off about how they had destroyed everything he loved about Spidey, how Marvel will never recover from this mistake, how a no-talent hack like Joe Q will burn for pushing his twisted vision through Marvel, blah, blah, blah.  And then he ended the tirade with, "But what am I gonna do?  Stop collecting?"

Uh, yeah, you s***head.

BATMAN #692 Review (Article) - 11/3/2009 6:42:54 AM

My only gripe is that they seem to be taking too long to get Dick in a comfortable place as Batman.  By the time the writers of all the Bat Books get past this, Bruce Wayne will return and all we'll have of Dick's tenure are stories of him "getting used" to being the Bat.  While this issue may be a step in the right direction, it's taking to long to get there.

SUPERMAN: SECRET ORIGIN #2 Review (Article) - 11/3/2009 6:35:33 AM

While I think it's cool they are modeling Clark Kent off of Christopher Reeve, I sure don't remember Reeve's nose looking like he ran into a brick wall.

THEFUZZYDAN'S MANIACAL PERSONA