All TheMovieGuy28's Comments

New EDGE OF TOMORROW Trailer (Article) - 3/25/2014 1:25:10 PM

it looks pretty enough to see on screen. Was disappointed in the simplicity of Oblivion, which, ironically, I thought this story seemed eerily similar in tone.

And I'd say Edge of Tomorrow = Starship Troopers Moon Oblivion

New Hercules Trailer (Article) - 3/25/2014 1:15:59 PM

Ian McShane doing the voiceover?

Dwayne Johnson playing Herc'?

Summer epic?

I'm down

Transformers: Age of Extinction Teaser Trailer (Article) - 3/5/2014 7:58:51 AM

Remember when movies were about getting away from life for a couple of hours and having fun at the mindlessness of it all?

Yeah, apparently, a lot of Maniacs are a bunch of hipster bitches.

It's note Shakespaere. It's Transformers.

NEW Godzilla Trailer - Tease (Article) - 2/27/2014 2:49:53 PM

Wise, you turd :P

NEW Godzilla Trailer - Tease (Article) - 2/27/2014 6:41:07 AM

Wise, , I hear your reservations about the idea of goggles strapped to your head. But please, do me a favor-

go look up the Rift and recent tech news, or, one better, go look up on Youtube the Rift and VRCinema. These things are going to change how we play video games, how we watch movies, how we build architecture...everything.

The biggest thing they've managed to capture is full head tracking and erased latency down to almost nothing. So when you look around in the goggles, it's like you're looking around in a virtual world.

Every person who has worn the glasses has been converted to a believer. I know that may sound silly, but I seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY recommend going and checking out youtube vids.

I don't know if any of you used to hit Disneyland as a kid, but does anyone remember the Circle Vision attraction they had across from Star Tours? It was a big round room you walked into, with a giant screen that was a circle around the entire room. You stood in the room and were on basically a hot air baloon flying over attractions of the us. And they had rails for you to hold on to, b/c if you didn't, you got a bit of motion sickness from the "reality" of your brain thinking you were in this flying ride.

I cannot stress enough how this thing is going to change the way we do so many things. It won't be like watching a 60" screen 5' from your face. It will be like walking into your own, custom built, Fortress of Solitude and watching a screen that's a 1,000 feet high. Please, please, all my fellow maniacs, go look. go believe.

NEW Godzilla Trailer - Tease (Article) - 2/25/2014 8:34:56 PM

Also, just 'cause I mentioned the Rift, if anyone has seen it, or has one, and has looked up the 'VRCinema"imagine watching films of the future in a 'theater' of any design, that could conceivably incorporate any sized screen. You could literally watch this on a 1,000' high screen, if you wanted to.

Rift is gonna change the future of visual entertainment.....think of the possibilities

NEW Godzilla Trailer - Tease (Article) - 2/25/2014 8:31:50 PM

So, I was writing to a friend, and I think the fact that we all know Bryan Cranston now as WW/Heisenberg, but in this entire trailer, never once did I see that character. I think it's a testament to his acting abilities.

As for the trailer itself, outstanding. I really think the background music fromj '2001' when they discover the obelisk brought an incredible amount of tension, and frankly, a bit of terror to the trailer. This movie should have moments of genuine fear in it; I dig that they are going with a 'holy crap, we might not be able to win' feeling the whole thing gave off.

I am bummed that i found out through reading the comments here that there may be other monsters in it, though I suppose, in theory, we'd have nothing that could wipe 'Zilla out unless they managed to have him/her/it fight other monsters.

Now we just need to get Mr. Edwards and Mr. Del Toro together to film 'At The Mouth Of Madness'....and then figure out a way to premiere it through the Oculus Rift.

7 New Amazing Spider-Man 2 Images (Article) - 1/16/2014 7:23:53 AM

Why does Spiderman's costume look like a silk/satin onesie? Like, if he sat on a plastic-wrapped couched, he would slide off onto the floor.

The Geek Life: Star Wars Expanded Universe (Article) - 1/13/2014 1:21:39 PM

sorry Laz, it's been almost 10 years since I finished the series. My Vongese is a little hazy haha....

...but now that I described them, would you see them along the lines of Maori warriors crossed with the Na'vi from Avatar, only built more muscular and with the disfiguration?

The Geek Life: Star Wars Expanded Universe (Article) - 1/13/2014 8:34:57 AM

Forgot to mention this EXTREMELY important note about the Vong-

They are non-existent to the force. If anyone read the Thrawn trilogy, remember how the Yysalimari were used to make a sort of "force bubble" around Thrawn and his elite soldiers? (for those that don't know, it was a lizard-like creature that lived high in some forest treeline, and it emitted a chemical that basically made it a void in the force, up to around 3' in diameter)

But yes, the Vong are immune to the force. it's like a 10' barrier. So the Jedi end up having to rely on their agilty and training in order to fight them. They can't just force push or force jump or bring down rocks or shoot lightning or toss their sabers at them.

The Vong are like a misguided samurai. They have a pure warriors code, and in their eyes, the more disfigured a Vong was, it was seen as a sign of superiority. Several leaders would have limbs missing, or no upper lip, or a fake eye that could spit poison. Their twisted views is what made for the most formidable enemy they've ever faced.

THEMOVIEGUY28'S MANIACAL PERSONA