All TheStormrider's Comments

Mania Review: Noah (Article) - 2/5/2015 10:44:04 AM

Hmmm.... An A .

Rock transformers.  A .  Real transformers D.

Im speechless

... ... ....... ...... !

Terminator Genisys - Big Game Spot (Article) - 2/2/2015 5:18:04 AM

I really liked the show too.  Realizing that it wasnt a masterpiece, it still gave me that sense of solving a mystery and seeing behind the curtain.

I wish they would have given it a season or so to wrap it all up,  so that it could be a complete thought in my head.

In all honesty that period signaled the end of me watching tv shows durign their runs.  (Except a select few that are untouchable like walking dead and game of thrones.)

Life, Flash forward. Terminator. There were a few others that were decent shows, that were interesting that just dissappeared around the writers strike.  Now when a new show comes on, I wait until it has a few seasons to watch it.  I dont want to get invested just to have it dissappear.

Wouldnt it be nice to have an executive directory/studio promise 'This is our new vision and upon cancellation we at least promise 3-6 episodes to wrap things up.

The Best Movies of 2014 (Article) - 12/30/2014 5:16:19 AM

Umm.  Noah was dog shit.

The Walking Dead: Coda Review (Article) - 12/4/2014 1:06:28 PM

blank,  i do agree. And for the most part I can.  But part of this genre for me (personally) is trying to decide how _i_ would react.  It is easy to accept that the world allows zombies, and thankfully,  they follow by the writing rule of only one type of magic (undead).  And its even easy for me to accept that people can wander around aimlessly and somehow find eachother.  It just kills it for me when people that have survived for so long because they are the 'strong' and 'smart' all of the sudden make really poor decisions.

Overall,  until the last few episodes I never noticed the writing being so discombobulated.  I personally think that it is because they got so far off track from the comics, and they are trying to get back on track.  (At least thats what i read).

But your point is well taken. And true.

And I like the gilligans island example. Mine would be that I feel like they are turning their back back to Jason Voorhees after hitting him with the shovel, you know, because hes dead.

Terminator Genisys - Motion Poster Arrives (Article) - 12/4/2014 5:34:22 AM

I liked sarah connor chronicles on tv mor than I liked the last two movies.

And me liking that show proves im lenient.

Suicide Squad Cast Revealed (Article) - 12/4/2014 5:32:41 AM

Two words  about will smith: winter's Tale.

If he is anything but will smith: cop, will smith: alien hunter, will smith: part robot, will smith: dying or will smith: single dad; he sticks out like a sore thumb.

So this will be: Will smith: superhero.  If you love him, youll love it.  If not, you wont.

And hancock 2 is supposedly in the works.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Mania%u2019s Reaction (Article) - 12/2/2014 12:21:14 PM

Baskar (what fetts armor is made of) is one of the minerals in the SWU that is lightsaber resistent.  There are about 20 different materials that could have been used,  instead of ome that cuts your hand off when you swing the sword wrong.

While I love starwars above all other source material, the opening trooper scene, and the droid were off putting while the falcon and the x wings were great.  I am looking forward to it, and I imagine a whole generation will love the new star wars.  I just hope mine does.

The droid though... was jar jar ish.

First Look: AVENGERS: ULTRON FOREVER (Article) - 12/2/2014 5:32:34 AM

"If i had to find one word to describe it, it would be 'epic'.... -Quoted guy

How about 'If I had to find one word to describe it, it would be 'monkeyhulk'.

Of course,  you are the writer.  Ive never seen a writer say 'if I had to find one word to describe it it would be 'crapfest'.

The Walking Dead: Coda Review (Article) - 12/2/2014 5:27:41 AM

I am in the minority.  For the first time since the shows inception I stair at the screen saying 'This is terrible writing' constantly.

The dialog is very choppy now, there is no comic relief at all (though it used to be subtle) and the scenarios and decisions are getting worse and worse.

Running down the middle of the street with a car chasing you.  Planning the meeting INSIDE the hospital. Running a guy over for fleeing for his life.  (Who DIDNT kill one of your your people).

The list of terrible decisions goes on and on.  Now,  perhaps these 'decisions' come straight from the comics. Perhaps they dont.  But the bad writing is killing the show for me.

And I watch the show with 5-10 people every sunday.  3-4 have stopped watching and the rest are MEH recently.

Star Wars: Episode VII - HUNKA JUNK Video Clip (Article) - 9/18/2014 8:37:33 PM

batmobile stuck to the bottom of the falcon?  Hmm.  Weird.

Less cgi.  more props.