All ThemanG01's Comments

More Man of Steel Set Pics (Article) - 8/12/2011 5:22:13 PM

WG.  I didn't say succesful, I said horrible, lol.  You can switch adectives though, if you need it to feel better about something.

More Man of Steel Set Pics (Article) - 8/12/2011 1:27:32 PM

It doesn't matter who's directing it.  It's Superman, it's bound to be at least as horrible as Cameron's last two movies for that fact alone.

Burger Helms Drake's Fortune (Article) - 7/8/2011 7:35:09 PM

Tom Hanks isn't a movie star either.  Leave him on Bosom Buddies doing what he does.

Spencer in OZ Prequel (Article) - 7/7/2011 1:31:56 PM

You've never been to Michigan, have you?

10 Best Genre Films for Independence Day (Article) - 7/4/2011 6:26:53 PM

Yes, they technically are genre, just not the sf/fantasy genres.  Dictionaries are great.

10 Best Genre Films for Independence Day (Article) - 7/4/2011 6:17:23 AM

I know it's not specifically referencing Independance Day, but I think Aragorn's speech at the Black Gate in RotK fits perfectly in the spirit of the day.

Starz Rejects Camelot Renewal (Article) - 7/4/2011 5:17:12 AM

Different strokes, I guess.  My cousin is an Arthurian nut who loved this show.  He hasn't seen GoT though, but hasn't ever really seemed interested in it (I've been telling him how awesome the books are for the last ten years).

Game of Thrones: Fire and Blood (Article) - 6/21/2011 8:16:14 AM

The series is a very, very good cliffnotes version of the books.  Frankly it's the best translation I've seen from the page to the screen.

Stannis would be the next in line of succession for the throne, but I think in feudal societies such as these the crown really does belong to those who can take it.  So saying who the "rightful" heir is I think is kind of a fruitless conversation.

I'm ok with them not contriving a way to bring Sean Bean back.  He was incredible as Ned, played him to the T.  But I think it cheapens his death and the obvious hole left by his departure to have him brought back in spirit form (I haven't read the books in a long, long while.  It may be something Martin did, in which case it will probably happen in the show.)  As best as I can recall there weren't any real flashbacks to speak of in the books, but I think that would be a better way to bring Sean back.

Game of Thrones: What Did You Think? (Article) - 6/8/2011 6:16:00 AM

Love the books.

Love the show.

Love A Song of Ice and Fire through and through.  Best fantasy series of all time, Tolkien included.

HOBBIT Titles, Release Dates (Article) - 5/31/2011 6:12:56 AM

I like how they're releasing The Hobbit around the 10 year anniversary of RotK's release.

THEMANG01'S MANIACAL PERSONA