All VTGamehendge's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 1,836

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/30/2015 11:28:14 PM

Saw Whiplash tonight.  Great movie.  J.K. Simmons absolutely deserves the Best Supporting Actor Oscar nomination.  I still wanna see Foxcatcher, but I thought Whiplash was very deserving of its nomination.  I liked it better than Imitation Game but not sure I can put it above American Sniper.

Tomorrowland Big Game Tease (Article) - 1/30/2015 1:18:51 PM

I already saw a trailer for this recently.  I think it was shown before Mortdecai.  It didn't explain much, but certainly revealed a lot more than the few seconds shown here.  Looks kinda interesting.

Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron - TV Spot 1 (Article) - 1/30/2015 12:52:20 PM

I imagine this spot came out so early so that it can debut during the Super Bowl.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/30/2015 10:07:49 AM

One of the theaters near me is screening Game of Thrones season 4 episodes 9 and 10 leading up to the new season.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/29/2015 12:37:58 PM

Fail Safe is another good one, though it's not really apocalyptic. The remake with George Clooney was actually pretty good. Pretty much scene-for-scene and word-for-word from the original. I also own Dr. Strangelove and By Dawn's Early Light, each on DVD. And anyone seen The Divide? That shit is grim...

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/29/2015 12:25:44 PM

The Day After was really good.  The Road was definitely great for seeing what a true post-apocalyptic world might be like.  I think Threads though captures the reality of the entire thing from the days leading up to it, to the actual events, and then finally ending with what society would be like ten years after the war.  Complete with people going back to medieval ways of living to women giving birth to genetically mutated abominations.  Another overlooked one is Miracle Mile with Anthony Edwards, though that movie actually ends with warheads hitting L.A. and the main characters basically coming to terms with the fact that they're about to die.  Also check out Damnation Alley.  I was able to find the DVD a while back after some searching.  That one's not so realistic though with the exception of the opening war sequence.  The rest is just a cheesy '80s sci-fi flick, a la Night of the Comet.  But it does star Jan-Michael Vincent!  Good ole Stringfellow Hawk himself!

Terminator Genisys - Big Game Spot (Article) - 1/29/2015 12:16:25 PM

Even though I've been disappointed by the last two, I'm still really looking forward to this.  Call me a sucker, but I can't help but get excited about any new Terminator movie.  I guess I'm always holding out hope that one day they'll make one that stands up to the first two movies.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/28/2015 10:33:02 PM

Actually, might have to look for it elsewhere.  Maybe on vimeo.  Youtube looks to be broken up a lot.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/28/2015 10:28:42 PM

LOLOLOLOLOL!  Just watched the Nic Cage version of Left Behind.  Could there be a more terrible movie?  I mean, with the exception of movies that actually are supposed to be terrible and cheesy.  This movie has to be one of the worst movies ever made while it was supposed to be a serious effort.

I've been saying for a long time now that if someone wants to make a true apocalypse movie then they should put together a big budget to make Threads into a true feature film.  And for anyone who doesn't know about Threads, you can watch it on youtube.  I think it's broken into three parts.  Very realistic, very dark, very depressing.  Basically how nuclear war would've gone down back in 1980's England.  I'd like to see Threads with a big budget behind it.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/27/2015 8:03:09 PM

Anyone else been watching that new Discovery show, Big Giant Swords?  I think that blacksmith chick, Jamie, is kinda sexy.  I'd like to stick my sword into her forge...

VTGAMEHENDGE'S MANIACAL PERSONA