All VTGamehendge's Comments

Showing items 11 - 20 of 1,683
<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 10/19/2014 8:30:14 PM

I concur.  I was pleasantly surprised by Shitty Labutt's performance.  I just thought that the overall acting was fantastic and I absolutely loved that they pulled no punches and didn't try to sugar coat anything and that there was no real happy ending.  It seemed like it truly captured the hell and cruelty of war, especially that particular war.  It ran the entire gamut of emotions.  I'm someone who is really into military and war history and movies and I loved this film.  There are other and older movies that I truly love like (of course) Saving Private Ryan, The Longest Day, Where Eagles Dare, The Guns of Navarone, The Halls of Montezuma, A Bridge Too Far, Tora Tora Tora and Play Dirty.  Then there are the biopics such as Patton (one of my favorite movies, as well as one of my historical heroes as a man).  Fury just really stuck out to me.  Again, I think it had a lot to do with the fact that it just didn't try to gloss over anything and really focused on the horror of it all.  I know not everyone shares my sentiments, but such is mine.  Loved it and I hope they release some sort of special edition Blu-Ray down the road with all sorts of historical extras and whatnot.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 10/17/2014 11:31:31 PM

Saw Fury tonight.  Maybe the best WWII movie I've seen.  I loved how there was absolutely no sugar coating anything.  The spotlight was on the hell and cruelty of that war.  Certainly more intense and grittier and more savage than Saving Private Ryan.  Don't get me wrong, I love SPR.  But something about Fury really seemed to hit it for me.  And you know an audience is captivated by a movie when not only is there not so much as a whisper from beginning to end, but everyone walks out of the theater in complete silence.  In real life there is no truly happy ending when it comes to war.  Hopefully the good guys win in the end, but there's really nothing happy about war itself and I think Fury captured that theme.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 10/17/2014 3:48:04 PM

Script-o-rama has it.  Don't even have to download a PDF or anything.  Just do the Google search and it's the first link that comes up.  That's where I read it.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 10/17/2014 3:46:27 PM

Monkeyfoot, I just Googled it and found a site with a PDF file and just read it online.  Probably took about an hour to 90 minutes of total reading time.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 10/17/2014 11:58:11 AM

I was thinking about catching Fury tonight too since I have the night off, but I tend to avoid the theaters on the weekends as a general rule.  But actually with the $6 Tuesdays down at the Movieland in the city, they'll get busier on a Tuesday night than the other theater across town in the Short Pump area suburbs does on the weekends.  We'll see.  I might very well wait til Sunday, Monday or Tuesday like I normally do.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 10/17/2014 10:39:45 AM

Really wanna see Fury.  Saw Dracula Untold the other night and thought it was way better than I expected.

Monkeyfoot, I also liked Superman Returns.  I know a lot of people hated it and I can't understand it.  I also never really thought of the Donner tie-ins or even noticed them.  I've got the Superman box set in the big metal case with all five of the first movies and two versions of each movie.  I need to go back and watch them.  Also, I'd kinda like to see Kevin Smith's Superman Lives get made.  I read the script a while back and really liked it.  Certainly wouldn't want Nic Cage in the role (hate that f**ker) like was originally planned, but after reading the script I can kinda understand why they went after him.  At this point he's probably a little too old.  Who should hypothetically take on the role if they ever decided to make the movie?

Violatorr, I hear ya on the Friday!  It's my day off for the week.  Actually I got an unexpected day off on Wednesday too because I was scheduled to wait tables outside on the patio at the brewery I work at and it rained all day so I ended up not working.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 10/14/2014 4:55:04 PM

But something did take down my buddy's tent the first night.  Or actually it was like 4 a.m.  Don't know if maybe it was a deer or a black bear that wandered into our camp.  Whatever it was it snapped both tent poles and the damn thing collapsed on him in his sleep.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 10/14/2014 4:53:01 PM

Lol!  It wasn't the temps that were the problem but the rain!

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 10/13/2014 10:24:20 PM

Seriously, I almost got hypothermia and no one here cares...

I see how it is...

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 10/12/2014 11:13:06 AM

Just got back from a rainy, soggy weekend at Crabtree Meadows in the Washington/Jefferson national forest.  We managed to stay pretty dry with the two canopies we had and several tarps, two of which got strung up over the tents for extra rain protection.  Ate hotdogs and chili and drank beer and played spades and burned lots of wood.  Nice little guys' weekend.  Would've been even more fun without the rain, but at least it stopped about midday yesterday and it was fairly pleasant after that.  Just cool and breezy and overcast with some passing fog.  Or I guess at that elevation it was probably passing clouds actually.  Got down to just a few degrees above freezing last night so had to wrap up well during the night.  Feeling a little tickle in my throat now.  Hope I'm not getting sick because of the camping trip...

VTGAMEHENDGE'S MANIACAL PERSONA