All VTGamehendge's Comments

Showing items 41 - 50 of 1,290

Mania Review: Need for Speed (Article) - 3/17/2014 4:20:18 PM

And I also drive a Mustang and this makes me wanna upgrade.  Lol!  But I dunno that that thing would be worth $3M in real life.  And I also agree that 3D probably isn't necessary (just like a lot of other movies).  That's why I chose to go to a slightly later standard showtime.

On a side note, they showed the Godzilla trailer in front of the movie.  I had already seen it online, but it looks totally badass on the big screen!

Mania Review: Need for Speed (Article) - 3/17/2014 4:15:06 PM

I saw it last night, and I agree with Rob's review.  I knew what to expect going in, but was actually pleasantly surprised.  Was it cheesy in parts?  Sure!  But not as cheesy as I thought it would be overall.  The entertainment factor was certainly there, and Rob is right when he describes how so much attention was paid to the cars, almost to a sexual extent.  The cars ARE sexy.  The only complaint I have is that it was too long.  I mean, as entertaining as it was, it just seemed to drag itself out as it reached the two hour mark.  As cool as the chase/driving scenes were, I can only handle so much until it becomes overwhelming and saturating.  It was serious enough, but didn't cross that line where it started to take itself TOO seriously.  The movie knows what it is and it sticks with it and does its job.  Aaron Paul was great and he played a really good brooding character bent, not so much on revenge, but redemption.  And I don't know if he intentionally make his voice sound the way it did, or if they played with the sound, a la Dark Knight, but it worked very well.  In the end, I thought it was a fun movie.  Oscar material?  Of course not!  But again, the movie knows its place and it takes its seat at the table and doesn't spoil the evening.

I'm ok with a B grade.

PATRICK: EVIL AWAKENS - Found Footage (Article) - 3/16/2014 1:57:18 PM

Really, a remake?  Never heard of the original.  I'm curious, BunyonSnipe...

PATRICK: EVIL AWAKENS - Found Footage (Article) - 3/15/2014 10:29:48 AM

Well, obviously he's not actually brain dead like the synopsis says.  How does someone who is "brain dead" use psychic powers?  I mean, doesn't the idea of being psychic involve having temendous brain power?  I'm no expert, but that seems kinda off.  More like a chronic vegetative state.  Anyway, it looks pretty stupid, but I might check it out just for the blood and guts and the entertaining ways that people die.

Mania Box Office Report: 300 RULES the Kingdom (Article) - 3/12/2014 10:33:21 AM

Oh, and I read that the Brittish version of Vikings is basically uncensored.  Full frontal nudity and the works.

Mania Box Office Report: 300 RULES the Kingdom (Article) - 3/12/2014 10:31:29 AM

Oh, I don't think #4 is necessarily bad.  That's why I said it would be lucky to be at #4.  I think it'll drop to #5 and maybe out of the top 5 altogether.  Especially if the audience reaction at the showing I went to is any indication.  Non-stop got better audience reaction than ROAE did, by far.  And I will say that the main reason I went to see it was because there wasn't anything else playing that I hadn't already seen or that I was even interested in seeing.  So in that sense, I kinda semi-agree with Rob, though I don't think it's the sole reason why it took the top spot.

And, Wiseguy, season 2 of Vikings has been better than season 1 so far.  Season 2 looks to have a lot more fighting and violence.  They're all about to go to war.  But it's only 2 eps in, so there's not much to go on yet.  To each his own, I always say.

Mania Box Office Report: 300 RULES the Kingdom (Article) - 3/11/2014 12:31:17 PM

Vikings is a great show.  Caught up with the two night marathon they ran leading up to the season 2 premiere.  I find myself looking forward to each new episode more than any other show I'm watching right now.

New MALEFICENT Poster Arrives (Article) - 3/11/2014 12:28:24 PM

Yeah, Tim Curry played the Lord of Darkness, or just "Darkness" as was listed in the credits, but you could hardly tell it was him with all the makeup and prosthetics and such.  And they altered his voice too.  Those giant horns they gave him were super creepy.

4 Minute Rhino Appearence? (Article) - 3/11/2014 12:24:46 PM

Yeah, this is disappointing to me more from an actor standpoint because I love Paul Giamatti.  As someone who didn't read a lot of comics I'm not really familiar with the Rhino, but the character sounded interesting and cool, so I was looking forward to it, especially with Giamatti.  A little while back I had even speculated that maybe Rhino had quite a big part in the movie because of the fact that he wasn't in the trailers much to speak of and I was thinking maybe they were trying to keep it a mystery and surprise.  Guess that theory is now shot to shit...

New MALEFICENT Poster Arrives (Article) - 3/10/2014 9:17:46 PM

I will say though, kinetoscope, that I didn't care much for Mr. and Mrs. Smith.  Thought it was kinda boring.  Salt was cool though and I enjoyed Wanted alright.  Never saw Original Sin.

Off topic, but anyone seen the old Tom Cruise movie, Legend?  I was flipping though the movie channels late night the other night and it was on Encore3.  Used to love that movie when I was a kid.  Tim Curry was fantastic.

VTGAMEHENDGE'S MANIACAL PERSONA