All VTGamehendge's Comments

Showing items 41 - 50 of 1,766

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 11/14/2014 12:18:05 AM

Saw Birdman tonight.  Though it got a bit tedious near the end, I really liked it.

Also, what's happened with a lot of the avatars not showing up on the comment boards?  I just changed mine back to my old one and it's back up again.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 11/11/2014 11:50:34 PM

Yes, Happy Veterans Day to all of you vets.  Especially my grandfather who is a Navy vet of Korea and Vietnam and the Pacific nuclear tests (those guys are absolutely deserving of our respect).

Mania Exclusive Interview: Adam West (Article) - 11/11/2014 11:35:47 PM

And don't forget that he's the mayor of Quahog.

Mania Exclusive Interview: Adam West (Article) - 11/11/2014 11:34:15 PM

I've been seeing the late night infomercials for the Batman video set.

Mania Reivew: Interstellar (Article) - 11/8/2014 10:08:56 PM

Gotcha.  Makes sense.

Mania Reivew: Interstellar (Article) - 11/7/2014 10:58:00 PM

The theater I was in gave it lots of applause at the end.

Mania Reivew: Interstellar (Article) - 11/7/2014 10:55:21 PM

And I agree with Wiseguy.  I think it was probably more of a poke at overpopulation than global warming.

I don't agree with the Contact comparisons though.  I mean, in Contact nothing really ever happened.  Literally.  At least in this one we actually made it off the planet.  Several times apparently.

SPOILERS!!!!

The only Contact comparison I can see is that in the end none of it really mattered.  None of those planets that the explorers were sent to were viable and apparently that was already known.  In the end humanity made their home within the solar system on a giant space station.  And that's probably more realistic anyway.  One thing I didn't get though is who, or what, put the wormhole there.  Did they ever explain that?  They definitely said that someone put it there.  This is why I need to see the movie again because I think there's a lot of stuff there that needs to be picked apart.

Mania Reivew: Interstellar (Article) - 11/7/2014 10:42:27 PM

I saw a Thursday night IMAX screening.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and I loved it.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 11/7/2014 10:36:28 PM

That's why they're opinions, Wiseguy.  It's ok to disagree!  :)

Though I guess I can understand why some people may not like it or maybe not like it as much as I did.  But that's ok.  I thought it was awesome and look forward to watching it again once it hits Blu-Ray so I can go back through it and pick it apart and possibly understand it a little better.  Then again, I'm also one of those people who thinks 2001 is overrated...

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 11/6/2014 10:09:18 PM

And a cool little story...I got up to take a leak before the movie started and when I came back a dude had decided to sit two seats next to me and asked if it was cool for him to sit there.  I had sat in that handicap row where you've got the nice big walkway between the lower rows and the stadium seats.  Anyway, this cat had some amazing smelling herb on him.  I mean, fantastic.  I used to be a huge pot head and a good friend of mine used to deal the best shit on the east coast from the Feds (no joke) and this dude was packing some serious mojo.  I kept getting a whiff every now and again during the movie.  Holy Moses it smelled wonderful.

VTGAMEHENDGE'S MANIACAL PERSONA