All VTGamehendge's Comments

Showing items 41 - 50 of 1,825

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/6/2015 12:02:32 AM

Also been periodically picking up Where Men Win Glory, which is basically the biography of Pat Tillman.  I'm such a voracious reader that I sometimes get a little ADD with my books.  Lol!  I have so many that I want to read that I'll just pick up and put down three or four at a time because I just wanna read them all but can't commit to just one or two at a time.  Either way I pretty much always have a novel and a non-fiction going at the same time.  Possibly my favorite non-fiction book I've read in the past two years or so is How the End Begins: The Road To A Nuclear World War III.  Great read, really.  I also have a hard copy of Henry Kissinger's Nuclear Weapons and Foreign Policy.  Talk about tedious reading!  It's like a text book.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/5/2015 11:53:26 PM

Finally got out and saw Battle of the Five Armies tonight.  Meh.  Kinda wish I had gone to see Imitation Game instead, which I'll probably go see later this week.  This series was nowhere near as good as LOTR.  One of these days I'll get around to knocking out all 300 pages of that tiny little book.  I've got quite a back-log of reading on my shelf though.  Both fiction and non-fiction.  Hard copy and Kindle digital.  Right now I just started working on Vince Flynn's Consent to Kill.  Sad that the man died of cancer in 2013, but I'm working my way through the entire Mitch Rapp series (kinda like Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan character but way more badass).  Also trying to finish up Cobra II, which basically documents the invasion and occupation of Iraq.  Really good read if you're into that sort of thing, otherwise very tedious.

Masters of the Universe Script Completed (Article) - 1/5/2015 11:39:44 PM

I'm not sure there's really any room to improve on the masterpiece that Dolph Lundgren, Courtney Cox and Frank Langella put out in 1987.  Just leave it be...

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/4/2015 11:28:22 PM

And Birdman was fantastic.  Saw it a while back.  Probably sometime before Thanksgiving I believe.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/4/2015 11:27:09 PM

I was kinda surprised when I heard about Stuart Scott.  Not entirely shocked though.  I knew he had been in and out of remission for years.  He was never my favorite, and I heard from someone who had interactions with him over the years that he could be a bit of a dick, but I still think he was pretty amazing for fighting that cancer as long and as hard as he did.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/3/2015 8:52:23 PM

Oh, and I'm definitely going with the full size model with the 7" blade and not the short model 5 1/4".

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/3/2015 8:51:14 PM

So I think I've decided on the Ka-Bar 1212 (Google it) over the classic style brown stacked leather handle military fighting knife.  Basically a very similar knife but with a more modern material black handle with a partially serrated blade.  I figured the 1212 is more practical for my requirements.  In other words, I plan to actually use the damn thing when I go camping and such and the 1212 is specifically made for bushcraft and not really just a combat knife.

And for anyone who finds this a random post, I mentioned it just after Christmas when I got my $75 in Amazon cards and I got one or two responses on here.  The knife I'm looking at now is just under $51 plus shipping.  Still got $43 on my cards!

Ant-Man Teaser Preview (Article) - 1/2/2015 9:41:05 PM

How clever.

Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer 2 Preview (Article) - 1/2/2015 9:40:08 PM

Wow...I think I just shit and jizzed in my pants with excitement.....Nah

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/1/2015 12:19:05 AM