All VTGamehendge's Comments

Showing items 621 - 630 of 1,280

Chiefs Cheering at Arrowhead over Cassel (Article) - 10/30/2012 8:02:28 PM

Jarrod, so glad I came across this group.  Been coming to the site since the late '90s I guess.  Cinescape and all that.  Used to always come to check out the "Development Hell" section.  Huge football fan.  I played from 4th grade through high school.  Could've played in college, but I had some serious health issues.  Ended up going to Va Tech though and met some amazing people and earned my Bachelors.

Anyway, I'm a 49ers fan.  I was born and raised in Richmond, VA, but been a 49ers fan since I was nine.  What the Chiefs fans did with booing Matt Cassell is totally classless.  They should be ashamed of themselves.  I can't even being to understand what was going through their minds.

I don't know if you're familiar with Michael Robinson.  He played QB at one of the high schools in my area (Varina High School) and I played against him.  Even tackled him once.  I was a year ahead of him.  He went on to play QB for Penn State.  He got drafted by my 49ers and now he plays for Seattle.

Star Wars Episode 7 in 2015 (Article) - 10/30/2012 7:42:52 PM

I'm waiting for Carrie Fisher to come slob my knob.  Just so that I know this is legit.

Star Wars Episode 7 in 2015 (Article) - 10/30/2012 6:31:20 PM

I actually heard this on my local SPORTS RADIO show!

Red Dawn Exclusive TV Spot (Article) - 10/29/2012 4:17:54 PM

Yes, North Korea is a communist government.  But the "red" part has to do specifically with the U.S.S.R. and the Red Army.  That's why in the Cold War they called it "Red China" because they were backed by the U.S.S.R.  North Korea is just a communist North Korea.  Vietnam is also still technically communist.  My point is that "red" has never been applied to North Korea except MAYBE during the Korean War when they were backed by China.  But even then I don't think our government ever referred to them as "Red Korea."

Mania Review: Silent Hill: Revelation 3D (Article) - 10/29/2012 10:00:56 AM

Sinister, I saw it last night and I agree with you.  It's not gonna get nominated for any Oscars, but I knew what to expect going in and I was entertained.  My main problem was the entire second half of the movie seemed like it was just the first movie all over again just with different characters.  I was kinda forced into paying for the 3D because there were no standard screenings after 5:40.  But yeah, the 3D really wasn't necessary.  One thing about the ending I can't decide if I liked or not was The Executioner, or Pyramid Head, protecting her and her father from the head bitch.  I guess I can understand it since in the end she was basically Alessa and The Executioner is her protector.

Also, I never played any of the games so I didn't get that Origins reference.

Red Dawn Exclusive TV Spot (Article) - 10/29/2012 9:52:12 AM

It looks kinda cool.  I saw the trailer before Argo and then again last night before Silent Hill Revelation.

But here's the deal.  My main problem is honestly the title and the invading country.  The title "Red Dawn" actually made sense with the original, what with the Red Army of the U.S.S.R. and all that.  The title even could've worked with China being the invaders since they were once called "Red China," mostly because of how much influence and collusion the Ruskies had in that country.  Yes, China is still technically communist, but they've become so westernized and have integrated so much capitalism into their economy that even calling them "Red China" doesn't really work.  And then we have North Korea.  I'm not even going to bother touching on the utter implausibility of them even being capable of invading us in the foreseable future, or maybe ever.  Yes, their flag is red and all that, but the title really doesn't work with this plot.  I understand the reason for switching from China to North Korea.  Don't wanna piss off China since they're a HUGE movie market.  So I guess what I'm saying is maybe a title change should've been kicked around.  I realize it's a remake, but would it really matter?  I don't know what sort of title they could've gone with, but I'm just throwing it out there, and I'm sure I'm not the first one to recognize this problem.

New Texas Chainsaw 3D Poster (Article) - 10/29/2012 9:34:27 AM

I like it.  Especially like the look of the new mask.

Evil Dead Red Band Trailer (Article) - 10/29/2012 12:39:26 AM

Lol, now that's one remake that I'm all for.  It gets mentioned every now and then.  At least once or twice a year it seems like someone in Hollywood kicks around an idea for either a remake or a sequel.

Also, I got the night off from work because the restaurant was so dead I guess because of everyone bracing for Sandy.  I took the opportunity to go check out the new Silent Hill.  It wasn't bad.  Entertaining at least.  But the second half of the movie did seem kinda like a repeat of the original.  In the end it was worth a watch, but I certainly won't be dropping the cash on the Blu-Ray.  Maybe the bargain bin.

Evil Dead Red Band Trailer (Article) - 10/27/2012 2:04:19 PM

I'm great, zilla.  Been losing weight, which makes my back feel better and just makes ME feel better overall.

Monster Squad was still great even after all these years.  Maybe not quite as amazing as it was when I was a kid, but definitely still entertaining.

Mania Review: Cloud Atlas (Article) - 10/26/2012 8:41:11 AM

Oh and, Rob.  I think you intended to refer to J. Edgar, not Hoover.

VTGAMEHENDGE'S MANIACAL PERSONA