All VTGamehendge's Comments

Showing items 631 - 640 of 1,278

Mania Review: Cloud Atlas (Article) - 10/26/2012 8:36:40 AM

I feel like this is probably one of those stories that's great in print as a book, but WAY to complicated and ambitious as a movie.  A lot of books just can't translate into film simply because there's really no way to transfer the narrative.  Just watching the trailer and the TV spots makes me think the movie really is a mess like Rob suggests.  It looks like there's just way too much going on to cram it all into a 2 1/2-3 hour movie.  And on top of all that it sounds like the movie just blows.  Blows hard.

Evil Dead Red Band Trailer (Article) - 10/24/2012 10:07:25 PM

Axia, I caught your Burn Notice reference.  Love that show.  DVR each episode.

Evil Dead Red Band Trailer (Article) - 10/24/2012 10:05:59 PM

Haha, calm down, zilla.  I think we're all on the same page.  Except maybe caveman.

Evil Dead Red Band Trailer (Article) - 10/24/2012 7:57:31 PM

Of course I loved the original Evil Dead though.  It's in my top 25!

On a side note:  I'm getting ready to pop in The Monster Squad!  I recently bought the 20th anniversary Blu-Ray.

Evil Dead Red Band Trailer (Article) - 10/24/2012 7:50:17 PM

Kinda looks like what Raimi originally intended.  Not the chessy horror/comedy that the original turned out to be.  At first I really hated the idea of an Evil Dead remake, but this looks pretty sweet.  Personally, I can separate this from the original because it looks like it's completely different, other than the plot.

Fassbender for Assassins Creed (Article) - 10/23/2012 8:43:44 AM

I hear this and I immediately think of Prince of Persia and the steaming pile that movie turned out to be.  I enjoy the games for the most part, so I hope this does well.  On other hand I hope the movie doesn't turn out to be just like the games and start out fun and entertaining and then get boring and repetitive.

Iron Man 3 Trailer Coming to Apple Trailers (Article) - 10/19/2012 10:32:18 AM

Yeah, Extremis was great.  I watched it on Netflix a couple months back.

Iron Man 3 Trailer Coming to Apple Trailers (Article) - 10/19/2012 9:41:08 AM

I'm not gonna get too excited yet about the first trailer.  We still have quite a while til the release date, so I'm not expecting much more than a teaser with some voiceover and a few action shots with little in the way of plot reveals.

Raimi to direct Poltergeist? (Article) - 10/18/2012 10:21:26 PM

Can't say I'm psyched about the idea of remaking Poltergeist at all.  I'm not one of those guys who is outright against all remakes/reboots.  Whereas I don't really believe it's ever necessary, some do actually make sense and can be really good.  However, I think this is a bad idea.  I just think this is one of those classics that if remade can only at best be almost as good.  No way it can be better.  NO WAY IN HELL.

On another note, I just saw Argo the other night and it was superb.

Also just ordered the 20th anniversary Blu-Ray of Monster Squad.  Can't wait for that shit to arrive!

First Look: Silver Samurai (Article) - 10/13/2012 9:53:03 AM

Wow...that's...a shiny metal costume...

VTGAMEHENDGE'S MANIACAL PERSONA