All VTGamehendge's Comments

Showing items 651 - 660 of 1,481

Mania Review: Iron Man 3 (Article) - 5/8/2013 10:22:08 AM

Saw it last night.  I liked it, but wasn't exactly blown away.  Kinda like with TDKR.  And just as with TDKR with too much Bruce and not enough Batman, I felt IM3 was too much Tony and not enough Iron Man.  Again, I liked it, but it didn't really feel like a superhero movie to me.  The third act definitely felt like a Lethal Weapon movie, complete with the end action scene involving a seaport and shipping containers a la Lethal Weapon 2.  I didn't really have a problem with the (sometimes cheesy) one-liners as some people seem to have.  I'll have to catch it again on Redbox for sure to see how it holds up and of course pick up the Blu-Ray for my library.  Maybe I'll go back to the theater, but I usually reserve spending that kind of money for a movie that I truly loved.  They did just open a new IMAX screen at the theater closest to my house though, so maybe I'll go check it out again just because of that.

I grade it a solid B.

Avengers 2 Casting Problems (Article) - 5/8/2013 10:04:32 AM

I could step in and help out with Scarlett's back-end...if they need it....just sayin'.

REC 4: Apocalypse: Official Teaser Trailer (Article) - 5/7/2013 11:03:10 AM

Yeah, Quarantine was great.

Man of Steel TV Spot #3 (Article) - 5/6/2013 11:53:50 PM

Call me crazy if you want, but I'm one of those weirdos who actually kind of enjoys "spoilers" and seeing these trailers and spots ahead of time.  I guess to each his own, but it really doesn't ruin anything for me.  For me it's still a treat to sit there in front of the screen and see the entire thing put together.  It's almost like reading a book and then going to see it as a movie.  Or getting enticed and then finally seeing it for myself.    I've been checking out all sorts of spoilers online for this and IM3 and others and it honestly just gets me even more stoked.  I do it for just about every movie that I get really excited for and it hasn't made any of them any less enjoyable.  But like I said, to each his own.

REC 4: Apocalypse: Official Teaser Trailer (Article) - 5/6/2013 11:40:27 PM

Another one...?

Pacific Rim Official Japanese Trailer (Article) - 5/3/2013 12:07:32 AM

I don't like anime/manga either, but this is the movie I'm most looking forward to than any other, aside from IM3.

RED 2 Character Posters (Article) - 4/26/2013 12:11:33 AM

Helen Mirren...yeah, I'd lay some pipe.

Iron Man 3: Clip 2 (Article) - 4/26/2013 12:05:04 AM

Wiseguy!  You changed...!

thezillaman (Profile) - 4/24/2013 10:06:37 PM

Yo, are you on Facebook?  Found a dude with your name who's in Bakersfield.  Was wondering if it's you.

New Star Trek Into Darkness Banners and Posters (Article) - 4/23/2013 11:17:26 PM

I hear what you're saying, Wise.  Look what they did with Tom Hardy and making him into Bane.  He's only like 5'9", but with the proper camera angles and putting him on platforms or whatever to make him appear taller than other people in the frame next to him they made him look well over 6 feet.  Do something like that with Eve and she'd be perfect.

VTGAMEHENDGE'S MANIACAL PERSONA