All VTGamehendge's Comments

Showing items 661 - 670 of 1,889

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - New Extended Clip (Article) - 3/7/2014 5:00:00 PM

Looks like my kind of superhero movie.  I'm a big spy/intrigue guy and this seems to have plenty of it.

Also, I came across some comic books from when I was kid.  I forgot that I used to read them from time to time.  They all look to be from the early '90s.  Anyone recognize these?

Guardians of the Galaxy (July 1992, aboard the Starship Capt. America); Cage (looks like Arpil 1991); Punisher 2099:  Blades of Blue Max; Spider-Man:  Blood Lust of the Lizard pt 2 of 5; Superman:  Krisis of the Krimson Kpryptonite pt 1; Batman Bloodlines:  Outbreak; Punisher War Zone:  HIgh Stakes; Superman vs Sinbad; Shadow of the Bat:  The Last Arkham

Mania Review: Non-Stop (Article) - 3/4/2014 8:25:50 PM

I saw it tonight and as far as the ending I do have to agree with Dazzler and Calamity and the ridiculous liberal message at the end.  Up til that point it was awesome.

The Spring of '84: Repo Man (Article) - 3/4/2014 8:23:44 PM

I friggin' loved this movie.  I remember renting the DVD from Blockbuster with my buddy years ago back when we were really huge pot heads.  Loads of fun.

Transformers: Age of Extinction Teaser Trailer (Article) - 3/4/2014 8:16:12 PM

I'm gonna go see it and I'm sure I'll enjoy it for what it is, but are they seriously going with the whole "we don't need you anymore" shit again?

Young Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle Cast (Article) - 3/4/2014 8:10:45 PM

Also, she's 13.

Mania Box Office Report: NON-STOP to the TOP (Article) - 3/4/2014 8:09:03 PM

And maybe I should clarify that I watched the series on History and it was really good.  I think the point is that the people who watched the series really don't need to see Son of God because they've basically already seen it.  But the people who haven't already seen the series and decide to go see the movie are really better off watching the series because it's a much better and fuller experience.

Again, it's a money grab, but I don't have a problem with it.

Mania Box Office Report: NON-STOP to the TOP (Article) - 3/4/2014 8:03:11 PM

Toran and Wiseguy, I understand both your points.

On Toran's side I thought it was kinda weird too that the husband and wife team of Mark Burnett and Roma Downey released that mini-series and all the behind the scenes stuff and said the mini-series was leading up to a theatrical feature.  But then that theatrical feature just turned out to be what they already showed on TV.

On Wiseguy's side I understand what you're saying that people who didn't see it on TV can now have a chance to see it on the big screen.

In the end, you both have valid points and I agree with both.  It's an obvious money grab, but I'm a staunch capitalist.  And I think it's great that people who didn't see the Son of God episode (because it does seem to be the one episode with pieces of others just put on the big screen) are able to experience it on the big screen.  I'm not a huge religious person, but I believe in God and I was raised Catholic and it was a very fascinating series and you're probably better off watching the entire mini-series.

Mania Box Office Report: NON-STOP to the TOP (Article) - 3/4/2014 7:49:54 PM

Just saw Non-Stop tonight.  Friggin a whole lotta fun.  You know it's fun when the entire theater claps and cheers when the bad guy bites it and the good guy saves the day.  And then more claps at the start of the closing credits.  Two big ballsy thumbs up!

Schwarzenegger Talks Terminator: Genesis (Article) - 3/4/2014 12:52:45 PM

I agree, Jokers.  I don't understand why these Hollywood chumps won't just give us what we've wanted since 1984.  THE WAR!  Dude, it would be killer!  Totes magotes!  I mean, is it a money thing?  Do they think it'd cost too much?  There's no way that could be the case considering how much gets spent on these sci-fi movies these days.  What pumped me up about T3 more that anything (the movie was cool and fun, but it was no T2) was that I thought for sure it was just a lead-in to the war.  I was so sure that T4 was gonna be the war movie that we always wanted.  Salvation kinda did that to some extent, but it still wasn't what the people were really expecting, I don't think.  I didn't think Salvation was bad, but I think what really killed it for a lot people is that McG et al tried to do too much.  They tried to force feed us something "new and fresh" when all they really had to do was take the bits of story that were told in the first two movies and run with it.  Or at the very least tie it in more with T3.  Instead they had to introduce the whole Marcus storyline and all and I think it was a mistake.  It felt like too much of a standalone franchise (or just a single standalone movie now I guess).  Keep it simple, stupid.

Young Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle Cast (Article) - 3/4/2014 12:35:54 PM

Her eyes seem kinda wide apart though too.

VTGAMEHENDGE'S MANIACAL PERSONA