All VTGamehendge's Comments

Showing items 681 - 690 of 1,278

First Official Carrie Images (Article) - 8/23/2012 8:38:56 PM

Well, my colon is gone, so the disease is gone too.  But the arthritis in my knees is still there, but it's really not too bad.  Docs aren't really certain that my back issues have anything to do with the UC; probably not.  As far as dealing with the back pain, fortunately it isn't a constant thing.  It's really just one of those issues where it gets aggravated now and then.  I have a herniated disc in my lower back and I think I just slipped another one in the middle of my back while working the other day; I've got an appointment with my orthopedist in two weeks to check that out.  But when it gets aggravated I basically can't walk for like a week, in which case I do have to take oxycodone or something like that.  Luckily I have a very high pain tolerance though.  Partly genetic and partly from having played football and other sports in my youth and just being used to dealing with pain on a regular basis.

As far as the kidney stones, they actually are a side effect of the surgery I had to cure the UC.  They're kinda unpredictable and come and go as they please.  Thankfully, most of the time they're so small that they aren't super painful and sometimes they even pass without my knowledge.  But I've had a couple that were about a half inch in diameter.  I can't even explain pain like that.  So anyway, the best way for me to deal with everything is to exercise and stay healthy.  I'm a little overweight right now, so I'm working on that by eating right and going to the gym four times a week.  This will help my back problems.  But again, I feel very fortunate and I have a great life.  I wouldn't change a thing!  I'm a lover of life!

First Official Carrie Images (Article) - 8/23/2012 8:09:18 PM

Sorry, meant to say that I'm NOT completely pain free.

First Official Carrie Images (Article) - 8/23/2012 8:08:41 PM

Thanks, man.  I'm doing pretty well these days.  I'm completely pain free, but I'm exercising and eating right and just been making an overall lifestyle change.  The main problem is that I work in the food service industry so I spend a lot of time on my feet.  I also had a really horrible time of it my last two years of high school.  I was diagnosed with severe Ulcerative Colitis and ended up having two major surgeries to remove my large intestine.  Long story but you can Google UIlcerative Colitis to see what I'm talking about.  I still feel I've had a great life though!  Wouldn't change a thing.  Got my college degree from Va Tech and still enjoying my life!  And I love movies and books.  That's why I come to this site.

First Official Carrie Images (Article) - 8/23/2012 8:02:46 PM

Also, Wise, you can even catch it on the instant rental on Amazon for like $3.  And I bought the DVD for $8 plus shipping.

First Official Carrie Images (Article) - 8/23/2012 8:00:52 PM

Yeah I saw the Kristen Bell movie.  They even made fun of it in Forgetting Sarah Marshall.  It wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't good.  It was one of those movies that could've been really good but they totally screwed the pooch.

First Official Carrie Images (Article) - 8/23/2012 7:50:21 PM

thezillaman, I hadn't heard that.  I'd be interested.  I think it could really be made into a great horror movie if done right.  I've been buying a lot of movies and books lately online.

But anyhoo, this summer I've worked hard to kick a pretty nasty opiate addiction.  I've got arthritis in my knees and two herniated discs in my back along with degenerative disc disease and chronic kidney stones.  Lots of pain meds over the years and one thing led to another...Lol, but I think I've traded one addiction for another!  I've been ordering a lot of movies and books from Amazon and Ebay.  But hey, I guess it's better than blowing all my money on dope!  HAHA!  I love searching for and buying old movies that I grew up watching.

First Official Carrie Images (Article) - 8/23/2012 7:14:48 PM

I know this is off-topic, but does anyone remember the old 1988 movie Pulse?  With Joey Lawrence?  It used to come on HBO all the time when I was a kid and I watched it pretty much every time it was on.  Anyway, I bought the DVD off Amazon last week and it just got delivered today.  Watching it right now.  Still entertaining!

Jack Ryan Reboot launches Trilogy (Article) - 8/23/2012 8:30:22 AM

Yeah, Without Remorse would be great.  Considering Hollywood's love of revenge movies with a dude going around killing the dirtbags responsible for his girlfriend's death, I'm kinda surprised they haven't done it yet.

Travolta the Toxic Avenger? (Article) - 8/22/2012 2:45:28 PM

Lol!  Yes!  I remember as a kid staying up late and watching all the Troma movies on Cinemax.  This would be great.  I wouldn't mind seeing a less campy take on the character and story.

Summer of '82: The Beastmaster (Article) - 8/21/2012 1:48:46 PM

Anyone else ever see the other great Tanya Roberts movie, Sheena:  Queen of the Jungle?

VTGAMEHENDGE'S MANIACAL PERSONA