All VTGamehendge's Comments

Showing items 741 - 750 of 1,900

Philip Seymour Hoffman Dead (Article) - 2/3/2014 9:55:13 AM

As someone who has dealt with addiction personally and known others who have as well, it's very difficult to explain to those who have never experienced it.  It LITERALLY takes control of your life, so I'm not suprised to hear that he was getting high before picking up his kids.  Eventually you get to the point where you can't function normally throughout the day without the drug.  I know.  I've been there.  Again, it's not something that can be explained to someone who has never experienced it.  Addiction is just such a destructive and engulfing demon.  I'm not gonna call it a disease because I also believe it's not a disease, and I've dealt with it.

That being said, I don't feel sorry for him.  He chose to start using again.  I do feel bad for his family and friends and I'm sad that we'll never get to see him work again.  But in no way will I ever feel sympathy for him.  Maybe in some way I feel sorry for his tortured soul, but that's as far as I go.  R.I.P.

Super Bowl 2014 Trailers (Article) - 2/3/2014 8:33:14 AM

Which of these movies is Jake Gyllenhall in?  His pic is in the headline box.  Was that just random?

Eisenberg is Luthor - Irons is Alfred (Article) - 2/2/2014 12:23:39 PM

Woodye, it's ironic that you mentioned Philip Seymour Hoffman.  Just saw a report he was found dead today in Manhattan of an apparent drug overdose.

Eisenberg is Luthor - Irons is Alfred (Article) - 2/1/2014 9:31:59 PM

ElBaz, Now You See Me was terrible...

Eisenberg is Luthor - Irons is Alfred (Article) - 2/1/2014 11:23:41 AM

No no, SuperFan.  He invented THE Facebook.  Justin Timberlake invented "Facebook."  Without the "THE."

Eisenberg is Luthor - Irons is Alfred (Article) - 2/1/2014 10:26:37 AM

Yeah, and I don't understand people who call others "haters" simply because they have a different opinion and don't like certain decisions made with movies or don't like certain actors or whatever.  Unless someone is just trolling and being a douche.  But if someone expresses an honest opinion and isn't a dick about it then I don't have a problem with people not agreeing with my point of view.  I would argue that the people who cry "HATER" all the time are the true haters.  HATERS!  BLAAHHH!

Besides, haven't we all kinda gotten used to disagreement on these comment boards by now?  I forget which one of you guys said this a while back, but these comment sections would be a tad boring if everyone agreed with each other 100% of the time.  Variety is the spice of life!  And I like it spicy, baby...

Eisenberg is Luthor - Irons is Alfred (Article) - 2/1/2014 9:59:07 AM

I still would like to have seen Derek Mears get a look at Luthor.  He's already got the bald thing going due to his alopecia.  And he's definitely got the evil, menacing look.  Even though he's mostly done action and stunt work and horror movies (he played Jason in the Friday the 13th reboot, and I thought he did an excellent job) I think he's a decent enough actor that he could pull it off.

Eisenberg is Luthor - Irons is Alfred (Article) - 2/1/2014 9:55:06 AM

Yeah, I'm ok with Irons as Alfred, though he's not exactly the type of actor I would have envisioned.  He doesn't really seem to have "the look" either.  I think he's got a more rugged look and not so much that genteel, butler type air about him.  But he's a great actor and I like him so hopefully it works out.

Eisenberg on the other hand...I don't wanna hate on him because I don't think he's a bad actor, but Lex Luthor?  Come on.  For one thing he's too young IMO.  And second, I have doubts that he can pull off a character like that and make it believable.  In other words, can he do evil?  I dunno.  This isn't exactly blowing my skirt up.

2 New RoboCop International Spots (Article) - 1/27/2014 10:37:44 AM

I'm still looking forward to this, and I hope it's good...But, man, they really scared me with the choice of music for that one wharehouse training scene they released last week.  And it looked kinda cheesy overall, but hopefully that's just a result of it being just a small snippet that was kinda taken out of context.  I'm hoping that was just one bad choice, an aberration, and not a recurring theme throughout the movie.  In other words, I hope they didn't make bad choices overall with the movie and the movie as a whole suffers because of it.  Nothing in Hollywood irks me more than when I see a movie that had so much potential and could've and should've been really good, but the director and producers just completely screwed the pooch in the end.

Mania Box Office Report: Lone Survivor, Victory (Article) - 1/18/2014 9:35:46 PM

I don't like making comparisons though when it comes to war movies that are based on true stories.  I believe they should each stand on their own.

VTGAMEHENDGE'S MANIACAL PERSONA