All VTGamehendge's Comments

Showing items 741 - 750 of 1,916

First Look: 300: Rise of an Empire (Article) - 2/6/2014 10:30:44 AM

I don't understand.  If it's a prequel then why is Leonidas already dead?  Am I missing something?  I'm confused.

New RoboCop Clip: Working (Article) - 2/6/2014 10:23:54 AM

Really hoping they didn't screw this up.

Thor: The Dark World - Bloopers (Article) - 2/6/2014 10:19:58 AM

Well, I think the Matrix sequels were kind of a special circumstance because they filmed them simultaneously and apparently already had the DVDs ready to go before the the movies were released in theaters.  We had dozens of burned DVDs from our neighbor, some new and not yet released and some old, and I think the Matrix sequels were the only ones that he was able to get the menus and extras for.  I don't recall any others having them.

Evangeline Lilly for Ant-Man? (Article) - 2/6/2014 10:13:51 AM

I think Evangeline Lilly should be cast in every movie.

Thor: The Dark World - Bloopers (Article) - 2/5/2014 11:52:13 PM

I hear ya, Wiseguy.  I remember when I was in college my roommate got both Matrix sequels from a friend of his who lived in the house next to us.  They were DVD quality with all the menus and extras and this was before they were even released in the theater.  I can only imagine what's being done now 10 years later.

In Memoriam: Philip Seymour Hoffman (Article) - 2/5/2014 10:09:56 PM

I wish to express my condolences to you, axia.  I've known a couple people to "fall out" and have to be revived by someone in the room.  Even had a buddy who was revived and then driven up the street to the ER and dropped off.  My best friend ODed once but thankfully was able to basically sleep it off.  He's the one who got clean and is now the youth pastor at his church.

I still thank my lucky starts nothing really bad happened to me while I was snorting 300mg of oxycontin daily.

In Memoriam: Philip Seymour Hoffman (Article) - 2/5/2014 2:29:24 PM

I saw Wolf of Wall Street last night.  I don't want to sound like a boy scout (Lord knows I'm not), but that movie certainly seemed to glorify drug use and addiction.  Granted, the last 45 minutes or so did an about-face with that, but in a three hour movie it certainly made cocaine and quaaludes seem to be really awesome.  That probably wasn't the intention and I know it was based on a true story, but Jesus Christ, those first two hours made me wanna go get twisted.  It was like Blow meets Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.  And Fear and Loathing happens to be my favorite movie of all time.  Go figure...

In Memoriam: Philip Seymour Hoffman (Article) - 2/5/2014 2:21:26 PM

Loved Twister all around, especially his character.

In Memoriam: Philip Seymour Hoffman (Article) - 2/4/2014 4:14:13 PM

As a recovering addict myself, I do have some sympathy, but it only goes so far.  He got sober and then CHOSE to use again knowing full well what would be the most likely outcome:  Relapse.  And I heard he had just recently completed another rehab stint, but if it was one of those 30 day programs then I'm not surprised it didn't help.  Those programs, for the most part, are a joke.  It needs to be several months to a year of completely changing your habits and your lifestyle.  I was fortunate enough that my addiction wasn't so severe that I really needed to go to a program (thought it may have helped), but I know people who have.  I have one friend who did a 30 day program and then a stint in a halfway house afterward, and he was back using within the first month at the halfway house and got himself kicked out.  My best friend did a nine month program called New Life for Youth (they take older people too) and he's been clean and sober for about five years now and is the director of youth services at his local church.  The place he went to boasts an 85% success rate, which is astounding.  The national average of people who relapse is around that same number.

Anyway, I can only have so much sympathy for Hoffman because he chose to jump off that wagon after more than 20 years.  I feel sorry for his tortured soul.  But feel sorry for his loved ones he left behind and even yourselves for being deprived of his amazing talent and work from now on.  But don't feel too sorry for him.  He knew what he was doing.  It sounds harsh, but it's real life.  No one cries for the dead homeless junkie under the bridge, so why cry for the rich and famous actor who could've done anything he wanted.  I think Hollywood glorifies drugs and addiction way too much.  The real thing is far uglier.

24: Live Another Day - Trailer (Article) - 2/4/2014 10:42:12 AM

The only season I ever really watched was the final one.  A few of my frat bros. used to get together and watch it and then continued the tradition here in Richmond after we all graduated.  I think there was one other season that I saw like half of and I think I've watched the first season on Netflix.  I'm not jumping for joy and shitting my pants over the news because I never really got in to the whole 24 craze, but I am kinda excited for it and I'll definitely watch it.

VTGAMEHENDGE'S MANIACAL PERSONA