All VTGamehendge's Comments

Showing items 761 - 770 of 1,915

Eisenberg is Luthor - Irons is Alfred (Article) - 2/1/2014 10:26:37 AM

Yeah, and I don't understand people who call others "haters" simply because they have a different opinion and don't like certain decisions made with movies or don't like certain actors or whatever.  Unless someone is just trolling and being a douche.  But if someone expresses an honest opinion and isn't a dick about it then I don't have a problem with people not agreeing with my point of view.  I would argue that the people who cry "HATER" all the time are the true haters.  HATERS!  BLAAHHH!

Besides, haven't we all kinda gotten used to disagreement on these comment boards by now?  I forget which one of you guys said this a while back, but these comment sections would be a tad boring if everyone agreed with each other 100% of the time.  Variety is the spice of life!  And I like it spicy, baby...

Eisenberg is Luthor - Irons is Alfred (Article) - 2/1/2014 9:59:07 AM

I still would like to have seen Derek Mears get a look at Luthor.  He's already got the bald thing going due to his alopecia.  And he's definitely got the evil, menacing look.  Even though he's mostly done action and stunt work and horror movies (he played Jason in the Friday the 13th reboot, and I thought he did an excellent job) I think he's a decent enough actor that he could pull it off.

Eisenberg is Luthor - Irons is Alfred (Article) - 2/1/2014 9:55:06 AM

Yeah, I'm ok with Irons as Alfred, though he's not exactly the type of actor I would have envisioned.  He doesn't really seem to have "the look" either.  I think he's got a more rugged look and not so much that genteel, butler type air about him.  But he's a great actor and I like him so hopefully it works out.

Eisenberg on the other hand...I don't wanna hate on him because I don't think he's a bad actor, but Lex Luthor?  Come on.  For one thing he's too young IMO.  And second, I have doubts that he can pull off a character like that and make it believable.  In other words, can he do evil?  I dunno.  This isn't exactly blowing my skirt up.

2 New RoboCop International Spots (Article) - 1/27/2014 10:37:44 AM

I'm still looking forward to this, and I hope it's good...But, man, they really scared me with the choice of music for that one wharehouse training scene they released last week.  And it looked kinda cheesy overall, but hopefully that's just a result of it being just a small snippet that was kinda taken out of context.  I'm hoping that was just one bad choice, an aberration, and not a recurring theme throughout the movie.  In other words, I hope they didn't make bad choices overall with the movie and the movie as a whole suffers because of it.  Nothing in Hollywood irks me more than when I see a movie that had so much potential and could've and should've been really good, but the director and producers just completely screwed the pooch in the end.

Mania Box Office Report: Lone Survivor, Victory (Article) - 1/18/2014 9:35:46 PM

I don't like making comparisons though when it comes to war movies that are based on true stories.  I believe they should each stand on their own.

Mania Box Office Report: Lone Survivor, Victory (Article) - 1/18/2014 9:23:12 PM

In addition to Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down, I would also put The Longest Day and A Bridge Too Far ahead of it.  We also have to think about such classics as Desert Fox and Where Eagles Dare in addition to the obvious Vietnam classics like Platoon, Hamburger Hill, and Apocalypse Now.

Again, I loved the movie, but let's not get carried away and start calling it the best ever and forget about all the amazing war movies that have been made over the years.

And, ActionMovieGod, I understand you were just comparing it to movies that have been made since SPR, but there are others who are saying this is the greatest war movie ever made.

Mania Box Office Report: Lone Survivor, Victory (Article) - 1/18/2014 9:10:22 PM

I certainly was weepy-eyed by the end of the movie, but I can't say it was the best war movie ever like some people are saying.  Private Ryan was certainly better and I think Black Hawk Down was superior as well.  I'm not trying to take anything away from it, but I can think of a handful of war movies right off the bat that are better than Lone Survivor.  Again, I was wiping tears from my eyes as I walked out of the theater and it's ranked in my top 10 war movies all time, but I'd seriously have to sit down and give it some thought before I put it in my top 5.

RoboCop Clip: Field Test (Article) - 1/18/2014 8:53:49 PM

"I work for Dick Jones!  Dick Jones!"

RoboCop Clip: Field Test (Article) - 1/16/2014 10:26:26 PM

SMH...

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Seeds Review (Article) - 1/15/2014 8:33:16 PM

Just watched it last night.  Does this mean Skye is an alien, or just some sort of "superhero" or whatever?

VTGAMEHENDGE'S MANIACAL PERSONA