All VermithraxPejorative's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

The Winter of '84: 2010: The Year We Make Contact (Article) - 12/15/2014 1:32:23 PM

BLANKCZECH,

I agree, A Clockwork Orange is a classic! One of his best! I also love The Shining. Still amazes me that ALL interior shots of the hotel, every single shot are sets, not a real hotel! ALL the deatil that went into that was fantastic!

The Winter of '84: Dune (Article) - 12/15/2014 11:59:17 AM

I am one who has always liked tis movie. Great performances, good FX, deep story. I have the extended dition version that is like 4 hours long, so I really like that version since it "explains" as much as it can considering the book.

The Winter of '84: 2010: The Year We Make Contact (Article) - 12/11/2014 7:56:41 PM

I love both of them. I am a huge 2001 fan, and 2010 is also a fantastic movie. I can't compare the two since they tackle very different subjects and are really very different from each other. 2001 is amazing, and deep. 2010 is fulfilling of the first movie and has a great ending. Again, I love 'em both!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Character Names Revealed (Article) - 12/11/2014 7:21:50 PM

VioLatorr, I have to agree. That Lightsaber looks so bad ass! Can't wait to see it in action! Also, the other styles as well! I have a GOOD feeling about this!

I also just noticed in the still of the Falcon, the huge dish is missing, and what looks like a smaller rectangle-ish looking one is in it's place! Or am I seeing that right?

The Winter of '84: Beverly Hills Cop (Article) - 12/8/2014 10:32:33 AM

CaptainAmerica04,

I couldn't agree more with your statements, espeically about how dark and gritty movies have become, and it would be nice to return to the style like Beverly Hills Cop of just plain ole FUN movies again!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer! (Article) - 12/2/2014 12:14:32 PM

Qui-Gon said, basically, there is no real right or wrong way to be a Jedi. Sometimes events or circumstances require a Jedi to do things they may not like. Be someone they may not want to be. A Jedi can't be rigid in their doctrine that they cannot compromise or "dabble" in areas that might not be "purely good". When dealing with Evil, one must sometimes act Evil to destroy them.

Look at Luke in RoTJ. In his final battle with Vader, he allowed anger to seep in for a moment to defeat Vader. Once he saw what he'd done, and The Emperor's desire, he threw away his lightsaber, and refused to do The Emperor's bidding. Jedi are not simply "good" or "evil" machines, but beings with emotions, and those emotions can make them do things not always within the bounds of either.

Vader tuned "good" for a brief moment before Palpatine could kill Luke, and then stayed that way while dying and speaking with Luke. So one of the most Evil beings in all of Star Wars could become good if circumstances dictated it.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Breaktheinternet (Article) - 12/2/2014 11:41:21 AM

@JPPINTAR326,

Now, I am not a huge J.J. fan myself, by I disagree that he "messed up" Star Trek. If anything, he saved it! Sure, J.J. took some liberties, and made some changes, but he had to! At the time the first Star Trek movie came out in 2009, Star Trek was pretty much a dead subject. Not much said about it. Not much going on.

J.J. stepped up, and with the first film, gave it the shot in the arm it needed.

Star Trek Into Darkness was fantastic! Sure, it was a twist on the Wrath of Khan storyline, but it was cleverly done!

So, with that said, I have pretty good hopes that Episode VII will be good, if not great!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Breaktheinternet (Article) - 12/1/2014 11:37:32 AM

First off, how do we KNOW he's a Stormtrooper? All this stupid talk about a "black stormtrooper" is pointless. I mean, Luke and Han weren't Stormtroopers when they were aboard the first Death Star. They TOOK those uniforms from real Stormtroopers. The same could be said here! He's trying to get away from real Stormtroopers disguised as one, but loses his helmet, and is in fear for his life! All those naysayers....you think this is a possibility??? Maybe?? I mean, if you can't handle a black stromtrooper, just wait.....he may actually NOT be one! Jeez.

Second, seeing X-WIngs and The Millennium Falcon again were so cool!!!!

Third....I like the new lightsaber! Way cool!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer! (Article) - 11/28/2014 6:44:45 PM

OH. HELL. YES!

Seeing The Falcon and the X-Wings got my undies all sticky!!!!

And that Lightsaber! OHHHHH MANNNN!!!!

New STRANGE MAGIC Image Arrives (Article) - 11/12/2014 11:52:39 AM

Their expressions make them look like they are asking, "What the heck am I doing in THIS movie???"

LOL!!!!