All VermithraxPejorative's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

RoboCop Clip vs. ED-209 (Article) - 1/24/2014 6:26:44 AM

How LAME!!! Every one of these clips is affirming my belief that this is going to suck balls!

Book Review: Peanuts EverySunday 1952 - 1955 (Article) - 1/22/2014 5:22:14 PM

I grew up in the early 70's living off these! I still love 'em today!

RoboCop Clip: Field Test (Article) - 1/20/2014 4:13:00 AM

"Take a look at my FACE, Dick!"

RoboCop Clip: Field Test (Article) - 1/17/2014 8:01:29 AM

JokersWild, then this "remake" will definitely SUCK!

RoboCop Clip: Field Test (Article) - 1/16/2014 6:26:59 PM

This is looking even worse than what I could have imagined them doing. What a complete and total POS remake, AGAIN. I will definitely be passing on this one, even on cable.There is only ONE Murphy/RoboCop, and his name is Peter Weller! PERIOD!

Calamity, there is a point in which a remake completely ignores the original and no longer has the same "feel". This is doing what Total Recall with Ferrell did.....trying to up the reality and make it more "plausible". What made the original RoboCop so good was it did NOT take itself seriously. It was all good fun, loads of gore, great one liners, and BAD ASS music! Today's audience is all about Gee Wiz FX and Hard Rock Sound Tracks. The original had effective FX, but they weren't the selling point......the ridiculousness of the plot in the original was what made it so damned GOOD! And Clarence Boddicker played by Kurtwood Smith will NEVER be outdone by anyoe in this remake, let alone Weller's Murphy/RoboCop. Boddicker was KICK ASS and Kurtwood played the slimeball PERFECTLY! You can't top either of those performances!

3 New RoboCop Spots (Article) - 1/8/2014 4:08:04 AM

Meh. No thanks.

First Photo: Jupiter Ascending (Article) - 1/7/2014 5:37:57 PM

Not a Channing Tatum fan at all. His "good looks" do nothing for me since I am not gay, so all he can do to impress is act, and he doesn't do that well at all.

Not sure about this movie. I need to see more, or read more about it. I'll hold judgment for now, but at least it is not a remake!

Big Ass Spider Blu-Ray Review (Article) - 12/28/2013 7:02:04 PM

THEM is not schlock! THEM is one of the rare 50's "big bug" monster movies to actually be a very good, if not excellent, example of how the genre should have been. THEM is a classic, and in no way feels like making me laugh or is "funny". Comparing THEM to Tremors is rediculous! Not even CLOSE to being the same kind of movies. And for 1950's acting, THEM stands apart from most! Hell, it's even on par with more "modern" movies!!

I would go so far as to say THEM is probably the best of the "big bug" films ever made, even with its black and white picture and dated visuals. Most Sci-Fi lists that are of the Horror kind include THEM as one of the best.

Winter of '83: The Keep (Article) - 12/17/2013 6:45:14 AM

I am actualy one of those that likes this movie and would love to see it officially released on DVD, not some hack job done by someone as we see now.

I would NOT give it a D Plus, but rather more in the line of B Minus, simply because it IS so strange!

Mania Review: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Article) - 12/13/2013 4:37:05 PM

ElBaz....Best  Dragon SINCE DRAGONHEART??? Are you kidding???? DragonSlayer STILL has the BEST Dragon ever! Vermithrax will never be topped by a TALKING Dragon, no matter what movie it's in.

DragonHeart is good fun, yes, but the Dragon design was weak. The head was WAY TOO BIG, and it didn't look right over-all. Vermithrax was P E R F E C T, absolutely PERFECT! And Verm was done with STOP MOTION technology and STILL looks the best!

I say this without even seeing Smaug in full action yet, simply based on his HEAD that we do see, and the fact he talks. Vermithrax is PURE DRAGON, with no voice to cloud the character.....

Vermithrax RULES, and would pound Smaug to dust in no time! (hehehe, ok, a little fanboi humor there for ya!!!)

VERMITHRAXPEJORATIVE'S MANIACAL PERSONA