All VermithraxPejorative's Comments

Mania Review: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Article) - 12/13/2013 4:30:46 PM

I still say, it's gonna take some kind of design effort and execution to make Smaug a better looking/acting Dragon than Vermithrax from DragonSlayer. Verm is still the quintessential Dragon in all of film, and has YET to be topped by any offering before or since. I doubt Smaug can do it either, but we'll see.

I bring this up because this film centers around Smaug, and so Smaug BETTER be spectacular looking/actig, or it'll take away from the greatness of the film. From what little we've seen of him so far, I don't think Vermithrax has anything to worry about, and Verm will still be the Greatest Dragon to ever grace a screen, big or small!

NOAH International Trailer (Article) - 12/5/2013 5:56:46 PM

Is plagerizing a myth from a fictional book actually taking liberties? DoubleDiner, I hear ya!

This is as much a fantasy film as LOTR.....from the actual material to the Book it's taken from.

Fast & Furious 7 Production Update (Article) - 12/3/2013 7:07:52 AM

The film is of no importance as far as the loss of Walker goes, but, if it is done with class in handling his death and the character, then it should be finished. I am not a F&F fan at all, but I also do not wish this kind of tragedy on anyone, especially Wlaker who was considered "one of the nice guys" of Hollywood.

Transformers: Age of Extinction Prime Photo (Article) - 11/25/2013 6:05:04 PM

Oh man, not again.......they sure know how to get milk from CRAP!!

ROBOCOP: Official International Trailer (Article) - 11/21/2013 6:38:37 AM

Keith, we've been down this road before. I am not, and never will be a fan of either TDK or TDKR, especially TDKR......Bane SUCKED, and the whole, "I have a bomb" story has been done numerous times, and is too predictable. I liked BB, but did not and DO NOT think it stacks up to Tim Burton's Batman, and does not come anywhere close to being as good as Iron Man. But, we've discussed this many times before, so we're simply repeating ourselves here! LOL!

I do like Farrell in SOME things, but I just did not get into his character at all in Total Recall. That movie was terrible, except for the visuals, and of course, Ms. Beckensale! One movie I did like Colin in was Minority Report, which is a great movie!

ROBOCOP: Official International Trailer (Article) - 11/20/2013 6:30:08 PM

No thanks! The original WAS "ORIGINAL". This is taking cues from Iron Man, the original RoboCop, and The Dark Knight, and trying to mesh them together to make a "darker, more realistic" RoboCop. Puh-LEEEEZE! Give me a frakkin' break!

The reason the original RoboCop, like the original Total Recall, worked SO well when they came out was because they DIDN'T take themselves so seriously! They had over the top gore, wild action sequences, and a more "comic book" approach to the feel of the movie. So many of these remakes, re-imaginings, whatever, are going for the "modern, realistic" tact that in MY opinion has gotten OLD!

That is why I still say, to this day, the BEST Live Action Comic Book Film is the first Iron Man, NOT any of the Nolan Batman movies. THEY tried too hard to be "realistic", and again, IMO, FAILED miserably at being a good MOVIE! Iron Man didn't do that, and was an absolute BLAST! BB was good, but not great, but TDK and TDKR both pooped big piles of poo-doo all over the place.

So, like that disaster of a remake called Total Recall with crappy actor Ferrell at the helm, I predict THIS pile of dung will splat to failure as well! Screw this RoboCop "remake"......I won't bother wasting MY money on it!

(rant concluded)

RoboCop Official Trailer #2 Sneak Peek (Article) - 11/7/2013 6:56:59 AM

Uh. No. This looks stupid. The original is a classic. All this looks like is another over-CGI'd attempt at re-invisioning a classic, once again. Didn't they learn ANYTHING from the crap that was Total Recall's remake? Adding gee-wiz FX doesn't make a movie, or remake, good. Definitely pass on this turd!

31 Days of Horror Movies: The Mist (Article) - 10/24/2013 8:49:49 AM

I liked this movie, and really thought the ending was amazing, powerful, and intense. I never read the book, so what ending did King have?

The Fall of '83: The Right Stuff (Article) - 10/22/2013 4:07:54 AM

Fantastic movie! One of the best "Sci-Fact" style movies! And Bill Conti's music is incredible! Gravity may be considered "realistic" Sci-Fi, but The Right Stuff is actually based on real events and portrays those evnts so well, you feel as though you're watching actual history! If you haven't seen this film, do so, you won't be disappointed!

Mania Reviews: Machete Kills (Article) - 10/11/2013 3:52:26 AM

Never bothered to see the first one. Will also pass on this one too.

VERMITHRAXPEJORATIVE'S MANIACAL PERSONA