All VermithraxPejorative's Comments

Winter of '83: The Keep (Article) - 12/17/2013 6:45:14 AM

I am actualy one of those that likes this movie and would love to see it officially released on DVD, not some hack job done by someone as we see now.

I would NOT give it a D Plus, but rather more in the line of B Minus, simply because it IS so strange!

Mania Review: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Article) - 12/13/2013 4:37:05 PM

ElBaz....Best  Dragon SINCE DRAGONHEART??? Are you kidding???? DragonSlayer STILL has the BEST Dragon ever! Vermithrax will never be topped by a TALKING Dragon, no matter what movie it's in.

DragonHeart is good fun, yes, but the Dragon design was weak. The head was WAY TOO BIG, and it didn't look right over-all. Vermithrax was P E R F E C T, absolutely PERFECT! And Verm was done with STOP MOTION technology and STILL looks the best!

I say this without even seeing Smaug in full action yet, simply based on his HEAD that we do see, and the fact he talks. Vermithrax is PURE DRAGON, with no voice to cloud the character.....

Vermithrax RULES, and would pound Smaug to dust in no time! (hehehe, ok, a little fanboi humor there for ya!!!)

Mania Review: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Article) - 12/13/2013 4:30:46 PM

I still say, it's gonna take some kind of design effort and execution to make Smaug a better looking/acting Dragon than Vermithrax from DragonSlayer. Verm is still the quintessential Dragon in all of film, and has YET to be topped by any offering before or since. I doubt Smaug can do it either, but we'll see.

I bring this up because this film centers around Smaug, and so Smaug BETTER be spectacular looking/actig, or it'll take away from the greatness of the film. From what little we've seen of him so far, I don't think Vermithrax has anything to worry about, and Verm will still be the Greatest Dragon to ever grace a screen, big or small!

NOAH International Trailer (Article) - 12/5/2013 5:56:46 PM

Is plagerizing a myth from a fictional book actually taking liberties? DoubleDiner, I hear ya!

This is as much a fantasy film as LOTR.....from the actual material to the Book it's taken from.

Fast & Furious 7 Production Update (Article) - 12/3/2013 7:07:52 AM

The film is of no importance as far as the loss of Walker goes, but, if it is done with class in handling his death and the character, then it should be finished. I am not a F&F fan at all, but I also do not wish this kind of tragedy on anyone, especially Wlaker who was considered "one of the nice guys" of Hollywood.

Transformers: Age of Extinction Prime Photo (Article) - 11/25/2013 6:05:04 PM

Oh man, not again.......they sure know how to get milk from CRAP!!

ROBOCOP: Official International Trailer (Article) - 11/21/2013 6:38:37 AM

Keith, we've been down this road before. I am not, and never will be a fan of either TDK or TDKR, especially TDKR......Bane SUCKED, and the whole, "I have a bomb" story has been done numerous times, and is too predictable. I liked BB, but did not and DO NOT think it stacks up to Tim Burton's Batman, and does not come anywhere close to being as good as Iron Man. But, we've discussed this many times before, so we're simply repeating ourselves here! LOL!

I do like Farrell in SOME things, but I just did not get into his character at all in Total Recall. That movie was terrible, except for the visuals, and of course, Ms. Beckensale! One movie I did like Colin in was Minority Report, which is a great movie!

ROBOCOP: Official International Trailer (Article) - 11/20/2013 6:30:08 PM

No thanks! The original WAS "ORIGINAL". This is taking cues from Iron Man, the original RoboCop, and The Dark Knight, and trying to mesh them together to make a "darker, more realistic" RoboCop. Puh-LEEEEZE! Give me a frakkin' break!

The reason the original RoboCop, like the original Total Recall, worked SO well when they came out was because they DIDN'T take themselves so seriously! They had over the top gore, wild action sequences, and a more "comic book" approach to the feel of the movie. So many of these remakes, re-imaginings, whatever, are going for the "modern, realistic" tact that in MY opinion has gotten OLD!

That is why I still say, to this day, the BEST Live Action Comic Book Film is the first Iron Man, NOT any of the Nolan Batman movies. THEY tried too hard to be "realistic", and again, IMO, FAILED miserably at being a good MOVIE! Iron Man didn't do that, and was an absolute BLAST! BB was good, but not great, but TDK and TDKR both pooped big piles of poo-doo all over the place.

So, like that disaster of a remake called Total Recall with crappy actor Ferrell at the helm, I predict THIS pile of dung will splat to failure as well! Screw this RoboCop "remake"......I won't bother wasting MY money on it!

(rant concluded)

RoboCop Official Trailer #2 Sneak Peek (Article) - 11/7/2013 6:56:59 AM

Uh. No. This looks stupid. The original is a classic. All this looks like is another over-CGI'd attempt at re-invisioning a classic, once again. Didn't they learn ANYTHING from the crap that was Total Recall's remake? Adding gee-wiz FX doesn't make a movie, or remake, good. Definitely pass on this turd!

31 Days of Horror Movies: The Mist (Article) - 10/24/2013 8:49:49 AM

I liked this movie, and really thought the ending was amazing, powerful, and intense. I never read the book, so what ending did King have?

VERMITHRAXPEJORATIVE'S MANIACAL PERSONA