All VermithraxPejorative's Comments

Star Trek: Into Darkness Blu-Ray Review (Article) - 9/18/2013 11:34:34 AM

I'll keep my comment simple and to the point: I absolutely LOVED Star Trek Into Darkness! AWESOME movie, and a prime example of a sequel outdoing the original.

Affleck on Batman Backlash (Article) - 9/18/2013 11:29:48 AM

I don't really care myself. I only have one Batman that I think was right for the role, and that was Michael Keaton. He was perfect as "The Dark Knight" IMO, and I didn't like the Nolan interpretation of the character(s). Batman Begins was good, but I can't stand Bale. TDK and TDKR were both crapfests, IMO.

If Ben wants to take a stab at it, so be it. Me whining or complaining about it make no difference anyways.

Jarred Harris for Poltergeist Remake (Article) - 9/6/2013 4:19:08 AM

Meh. Not interested. I love the origial Poltergeist, and I'm sorry to say, NO Movie Mom can match JoBeth Williams for hotness!!! All I see here is a "modernized" version of the movie with nothing new added to the mix. The Reality Show format idea sucks!

I'll pass!

Episode VII Casting Update (Article) - 8/31/2013 2:01:55 PM

Taking that Chewbacca Death from Vector Prime would really stretch it, I think, if they went that route. Chewy is ome of the most beloved non-human characters in Star Wars. Vector Prime took a HUGE risk, and I remember the moment I read that "scene" of Chewy sacrificing himself to save young Anakin Solo from the Yuuzhan attack. And then Hans subsequent spiral down to depression and dispare. Vector Prime is a rough book, since it's not all neat and tidy for the SW characters.

In fact, the whole Vector Prime Series of books, 22 or so, if I remember correctly, were brutal, painful, and even down right depressing in their own way, but it was an absolute fantastic series of books. There were also a ton of "hero" moments, especially one where Luke saves Jacen Solo from the Vong and was weilding 2 lightsabers in his assault! That was awesome!! I read somewhere that some 300 Trillion or more lives were lost to the Yuuzhan Vong, incuding a lot of Jedi! The "Vong" were far more destructive and devistating on the Galaxy than the Empire ever was. They could make a whole High Quality/Adult Oriented TV Series based on this material alone, and it would have to have a PG-13 style rating, if not even close to R for some of it, if done correctly!

As you can see, I am a huge fan of the Vector Prime Storyline. Amazing amazing series of books! THE most fun I ever had in the SW Universe, bar none! Not even the Thrawn Trilogy comes close!

Episode VII Casting Update (Article) - 8/30/2013 7:20:17 PM

I am a HUGE Star Wars EU fanatic! I LOVE all the EU characters and stories and I think it gives a lot of material for these sequels, that could give more "awesomeness" to the films over-all. I would absolutely LOVE to see the Yuuzhan Vong in some capacity, because to me, no series was as powerful or as BAD ASS as the Vector Prime series!

I know I am asking a lot, and there is probably about as much of a chance of this happening as me making Gold from sheet rock, but hey, I can dream!!! At least now we CAN dream again about what the possibilities for the upcoming Star Wars movies will bring!!! I want MORE NEWS!!!

Damon joins INTERSTELLAR (Article) - 8/30/2013 7:13:00 PM

Batman Begins was excellent, The Dark Knight and Rises both SUCKED BIG GREEN DONKEY BALLS, Inception was good, and The Prestige was merely OK. MY opinions, so don't even attempt to change them! LOL!!!

Episode VII Not Digital, On FILM! (Article) - 8/27/2013 10:57:00 AM

Oh, Muenster, Silent Running is still one of my all-time favorite films, and I also have Dark Star on DVD, which is the "template" for what became ALIEN.

Episode VII Not Digital, On FILM! (Article) - 8/27/2013 10:55:59 AM

Muenster, that "lived in look" was perfected by the absolutely brilliant ALIEN. No film has the sets and "look" of near-future tech like ALIEN. THAT is the best Sci-Fi Horror Film and one of the best looking films ever!

The stark contrast between the Cockpit, halls and various rooms of the Nostromo compared to the Medical Bay was amazing. The Medical Bay was all white, clean, and neat. The rest of the ship looked like the tug it was. Used, patched together, and somewhat dirty. Made the movie that much better and more "realistic"!

The Summer of '83: Yor, The Hunter from the Future (Article) - 8/20/2013 6:08:18 PM

Cavedude, how can you put Krull and The Ice Pirates in the same class as Yor? Yor is a bad movie that is so bad it makes even some of the worst movies around look good. Krull may not be the best Sci-Fi Fansasy crossover, but it's still a hell of a good movie, with fantastic music by a young James Horner! The Ice Pirates is just plain great slap-stick sci-fi in the vein of Spaceballs.

The Summer of '83: Strange Brew (Article) - 8/19/2013 10:21:05 AM

I loved the 80's!! High School from 82 - 85, and College from 85 - 89. Went to a TON of movies during the decade! Best. Decade. EVAR!!!

VERMITHRAXPEJORATIVE'S MANIACAL PERSONA