All VermithraxPejorative's Comments

Episode VII Casting Update (Article) - 8/30/2013 7:20:17 PM

I am a HUGE Star Wars EU fanatic! I LOVE all the EU characters and stories and I think it gives a lot of material for these sequels, that could give more "awesomeness" to the films over-all. I would absolutely LOVE to see the Yuuzhan Vong in some capacity, because to me, no series was as powerful or as BAD ASS as the Vector Prime series!

I know I am asking a lot, and there is probably about as much of a chance of this happening as me making Gold from sheet rock, but hey, I can dream!!! At least now we CAN dream again about what the possibilities for the upcoming Star Wars movies will bring!!! I want MORE NEWS!!!

Damon joins INTERSTELLAR (Article) - 8/30/2013 7:13:00 PM

Batman Begins was excellent, The Dark Knight and Rises both SUCKED BIG GREEN DONKEY BALLS, Inception was good, and The Prestige was merely OK. MY opinions, so don't even attempt to change them! LOL!!!

Episode VII Not Digital, On FILM! (Article) - 8/27/2013 10:57:00 AM

Oh, Muenster, Silent Running is still one of my all-time favorite films, and I also have Dark Star on DVD, which is the "template" for what became ALIEN.

Episode VII Not Digital, On FILM! (Article) - 8/27/2013 10:55:59 AM

Muenster, that "lived in look" was perfected by the absolutely brilliant ALIEN. No film has the sets and "look" of near-future tech like ALIEN. THAT is the best Sci-Fi Horror Film and one of the best looking films ever!

The stark contrast between the Cockpit, halls and various rooms of the Nostromo compared to the Medical Bay was amazing. The Medical Bay was all white, clean, and neat. The rest of the ship looked like the tug it was. Used, patched together, and somewhat dirty. Made the movie that much better and more "realistic"!

The Summer of '83: Yor, The Hunter from the Future (Article) - 8/20/2013 6:08:18 PM

Cavedude, how can you put Krull and The Ice Pirates in the same class as Yor? Yor is a bad movie that is so bad it makes even some of the worst movies around look good. Krull may not be the best Sci-Fi Fansasy crossover, but it's still a hell of a good movie, with fantastic music by a young James Horner! The Ice Pirates is just plain great slap-stick sci-fi in the vein of Spaceballs.

The Summer of '83: Strange Brew (Article) - 8/19/2013 10:21:05 AM

I loved the 80's!! High School from 82 - 85, and College from 85 - 89. Went to a TON of movies during the decade! Best. Decade. EVAR!!!

Mania Review: Kick-Ass 2 (Article) - 8/16/2013 11:33:44 AM

Chloe is really cute. I see a future for her when she gets older.

The Summer of '83: Cujo (Article) - 8/12/2013 7:28:08 PM

The dog, in it's rabid form, was actually a Rottweiler done up to look like St. Bernard. That was how they could get such violent reactions and intense scenes, since a St. Bernard is very gentle and non-threatening.

I saw this in the theaters back in 83, and it scared the sh*t out of me!!! Still can't watch most of it. I love dogs and to see it go through that is truly painful.

The Summer of '83 Risky Business (Article) - 8/9/2013 4:59:00 AM

I've been a Cruise fan since the night I saw this in the theaters back in 83. Tom is one of my favorite actors, and has been in some of my most favorite mvies. Minority Report being one of those. Love that movie! I am SO frakking tired of all the "crazy Tom" BS that still gets sputed about. So the man acts silly at times; who gives a rats ass! Tom is an excellent actor, and the roots of the excellence is seen in Risky Business and is proven throughout his career.

Invisioner, I couldn't agree more! Tom's performance in Tropic Thunder was brilliant!

Mania Review: Elysium (Article) - 8/9/2013 4:52:10 AM

I didn't like District 9, so I'm not sure how I will react to this. I like Matt, but this looks like the typical Sci-Fi fare of late with "amazing" visuals and the not-so-deep story. Avatar is a great example of that. A visually stunning, but pathetically boring and poorly acted movie that became a huge success. I'm not sure this film is really any different, especially when the viuals and CGI FX are what seems to be most talked about.

If it was more like Moon, maybe I could get into it. I'll wait, for now.

VERMITHRAXPEJORATIVE'S MANIACAL PERSONA