All Vocabulate's Comments

1 2 3 >  >>

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/19/2015 5:42:47 PM

I have to say say this has been enlightening.  For a long time I sorta thought maybe I was one of few from Cinescape days still on here.  Now we're 30 pages in comments, EVERYONE is from Cinescape days and everyone is saying goodbye.  Other than FB and linkedin, this is the only site I ever "joined" and I maybe post a comment twice a year.  I've tried to explain Mania to probably 3 girlfriends, the 4th turned into my wife and even she would only ever nod and smile when I regaled her with hilarious flamewars between you all.

I hope the behind the scenes efforts work, and once again the only real conversation about genre on the internet can continue. Even 2 days late so everyone can rag on Trate.

NEW Jurassic World Poster (Article) - 10/16/2014 3:26:36 PM

I liked the plot of the 3rd one,  just not the execution of it.  The ingested satellite phone was a good running (pun intended) gag.  And hey they announced this week that Spinosaurus has been found to be an aquatic dinosaur so the whole river bit at the end is scientifically accurate!

NEW Jurassic World Poster (Article) - 10/16/2014 3:25:47 PM

NEW Jurassic World Poster (Article) - 10/16/2014 3:24:47 PM

Jason Momoa IS Aquaman (Officially) (Article) - 10/15/2014 12:12:14 PM

I sincerely hope he's portrayed as he was in Batman the Brave & the Bold - as comic relief.  Aquaman is the absolute worst "marquee" superhero out there.  I could only see it working if Lex has kidnapped him in order to exploit his piscatorial pronunciation prowess by ravaging the world's coastlines with deadly fishies to bottom out the real estate market.  I actually kind of like the gender equalization aspect of that - Aquaman as the "damsel" in distress!  Maybe Lois saves him...

Big Hero 6 Teaser Trailer Sneak Peek (Article) - 5/23/2014 11:44:10 AM

This is officially the first movie my 4.5 year old daughter is looking forward to based on a trailer.  I have now seen this trailer more times than I've seen Frozen and for a while there that movie was on auto-repeat in my household.

Disney Animation has some good stufff coming out of it - Winnie the Pooh was great, Tangled, Frozen, Wreck it Ralph - all good stories for the wee ones that don't drive the adults crazy.

The Rover Theatrical Poster Revealed (Article) - 5/15/2014 12:02:46 PM

Guy Pearce was great in Ravenous

3 NEW Guardians of the Galaxy Photos (Article) - 4/11/2014 11:40:28 AM

I hope they CGI in some bigger boobs for Gamora...

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Repairs Review (Article) - 11/27/2013 11:30:25 AM

I don't think Tobias is "gone".  He's in whatever other dimension was found in the particle explosion, and I don't think it's the Asgardian Hel - there's a planet there and I don't think there is one in Hel.  Could this be the Negative Zone?  Or is that under license along with the FF?

Marvel Calls Vin Diesel (Article) - 6/27/2013 6:51:01 PM

I don't think they'll pay Diesel much, but I think it'd be too much to simply hire him to voiceover "I AM GROOT!!" every few frames. My money on Groot is the movie trailer voice guy.

VOCABULATE'S MANIACAL PERSONA